iPhone 5 VS Samsung galaxy 3 - Page 6 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Media > Pictures & Video/Sound Clips

Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #151
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lumia 920 lumia 920 lumia 920 .....

Your daily dose of pre-workout motivation, fitness articles, and whatever it takes to go beast-mode on em

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Painan...40363356065027
salsaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #152
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,255 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaleh View Post
lumia 920 lumia 920 lumia 920 .....
I am blown away by the Lumia, I love it. My wife says that if she had seen this phone before buying her iPhone 5 she would have bought this instead. I'm glad I waited. I logged in with my Live account and BLAM...all my stuff is there and everything just works.
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #153
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttynu View Post
nah , only me, she has some old school samsuing..
Dude, I dunno of you have a Target store near you but they are having an awesome sale right now on the One X. My gf just got one today from them for $29.99! After trade in of her old phone and insurance plan she still got it for $52 bucks. A damn good phone for hardly any cash. We looked at the Lumia and Window phones just throw us both all off. The OS is just too different if you had a Android or iOS device.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #154
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I am blown away by the Lumia, I love it. My wife says that if she had seen this phone before buying her iPhone 5 she would have bought this instead. I'm glad I waited. I logged in with my Live account and BLAM...all my stuff is there and everything just works.
Good to hear. I'll need a new phone soon and am leaning heavily towards Nokia Lumia - they seem to offer a lot more bang for your buck, look great and seem super smooth. The 920 is a little out of my budget, anyone use the 900 or the 800? 800 is most likely for me.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #155
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaku View Post
Good to hear. I'll need a new phone soon and am leaning heavily towards Nokia Lumia - they seem to offer a lot more bang for your buck, look great and seem super smooth. The 920 is a little out of my budget, anyone use the 900 or the 800? 800 is most likely for me.
The 800 & 900 are win 7. The 820 & 920 are win 8.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #156
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Yeah, thanks Thex, I noticed the older ones can't go to Win 8. The reviews I saw of the Win 7 phones looked good, but they were made before the 820 and 920 were available. Any big differences that you know of off-hand? Have you tried Nokia Drive?

I'm not looking for the best phone out there, I just need an upgrade from an old Blackberry that's coming to its end. I have laptop with Win 7 and don't really plan to upgrade it (no touch screen so not that much point from what I've read, but correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to have GPS, better Internet connectivity and a half-decent camera, but I'm not interested in videos on the phone or music.

Anyone on the 800 or 900?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #157
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I heard there is going be a new iPhone 5s?... Next summer.

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #158
WRXSTi0487
Knee Dragger

Apple normally releases some sort of "upgrade" every year so a 5S or something similar wouldn't be a far stretch at all IMO sometime between Aug-Oct of 2013. It would most likely be just internal improvements since they just redid the exterior.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 CBR600RR Black - Tripage IT STD, Black Powder Coated Subframe, Rear Pegs, and Rearset with LED turn signals in pegs and LED brake lights in the subframe all modded by Tripage, Proton Flushmounts, ZG Double Bubble Windscreen, Arrow Titanium with Carbon Tip - Modified by Tripage, Tripage Dual Headlight MOD.

WRXSTi0487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #159
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

The note phone is also a massive phone too

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #160
dickturpin 1976
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Yeah, thanks Thex, I noticed the older ones can't go to Win 8. The reviews I saw of the Win 7 phones looked good, but they were made before the 820 and 920 were available. Any big differences that you know of off-hand? Have you tried Nokia Drive?

I'm not looking for the best phone out there, I just need an upgrade from an old Blackberry that's coming to its end. I have laptop with Win 7 and don't really plan to upgrade it (no touch screen so not that much point from what I've read, but correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to have GPS, better Internet connectivity and a half-decent camera, but I'm not interested in videos on the phone or music.

Anyone on the 800 or 900?
i had an omnia 7 which was wndows 7 an i absolutely loved it. super quick, next to no lag at all. super amoled display in which blacks look true blacks and colours just pop really vibrant from the screen. browsing on it was great also, something i realized when having to go back on a hd2 coz i lost my phone.. coming from a blackberry i`d say you`d be impressed mate honestly. when i 1st got it i thought it was a bit plain tbh coming from a hd2 with a zillion icons/folders to fiddle around with, but soon came to realize thats not a good thing once i got to know the wp7 os. like thex said everything just works and is right there on your homescreen. the lumia 800 is as good as the omnia7 if not better. i`m currently considering a lumia 800 myself as i`v lost my omnia and insurance are unable to replace it, or replace it with another wp7 so ther giving me 300 cash settlement. there isnt a massive difference between windows 7.5 and 8 frm what i`v read and watched on youtube, mainly customization options with the tiles on homescreen plus other minor things, nothing too substantial. check youtube out mate theres lots of review vids
Old 11-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #161
Oilhead
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
i hav not heard a single bad thing about the galaxy..unless ya have ..?
The only bad reviews are coming from the guys who have Verizon. It seems as Verizon cripples their own product and they have done so with the GSIII as well, dumbing it down and killing features and making it more frustrating to use.
Oilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #162
WRXSTi0487
Knee Dragger

Quote:
The note phone is also a massive phone too
My wife has the note she loves it, it's a little too big for my taste but it has been the best phone she's had in a long time no issues from it or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 CBR600RR Black - Tripage IT STD, Black Powder Coated Subframe, Rear Pegs, and Rearset with LED turn signals in pegs and LED brake lights in the subframe all modded by Tripage, Proton Flushmounts, ZG Double Bubble Windscreen, Arrow Titanium with Carbon Tip - Modified by Tripage, Tripage Dual Headlight MOD.

WRXSTi0487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #163
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickturpin 1976 View Post
i had an omnia 7 which was wndows 7 an i absolutely loved it. super quick, next to no lag at all. super amoled display in which blacks look true blacks and colours just pop really vibrant from the screen. browsing on it was great also, something i realized when having to go back on a hd2 coz i lost my phone.. coming from a blackberry i`d say you`d be impressed mate honestly. when i 1st got it i thought it was a bit plain tbh coming from a hd2 with a zillion icons/folders to fiddle around with, but soon came to realize thats not a good thing once i got to know the wp7 os. like thex said everything just works and is right there on your homescreen. the lumia 800 is as good as the omnia7 if not better. i`m currently considering a lumia 800 myself as i`v lost my omnia and insurance are unable to replace it, or replace it with another wp7 so ther giving me 300 cash settlement. there isnt a massive difference between windows 7.5 and 8 frm what i`v read and watched on youtube, mainly customization options with the tiles on homescreen plus other minor things, nothing too substantial. check youtube out mate theres lots of review vids
Thanks, man! That's very helpful. I've looked at a few vids comparing the Lumia to other phones and Lumia vs Lumia, but not much about the OS yet. This is a good starting point. Sounds like it might be the phone for me. Whatever I get will be a huge upgrade as you said.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:48 AM   #164
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
yup they arent as good as the 820/920. If those are out of your budget MAAKU, then look for an HTC or some other make with windows 8 OS.

As much as the phone and the OS are amazing, it still isnt a 100% developed, like for instance I had to download a free app to show the battery level on home screen and when locked. Also, I made the mistake of logging in using an old email account and all the wrong data/contacts got downloaded to the phone. Turns out the only way u can change that email account is by formatting the phone.

Your daily dose of pre-workout motivation, fitness articles, and whatever it takes to go beast-mode on em

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salsaleh For This Useful Post:
Maaku (11-23-2012), Nuttynu (11-25-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #165
dickturpin 1976
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Thanks, man! That's very helpful. I've looked at a few vids comparing the Lumia to other phones and Lumia vs Lumia, but not much about the OS yet. This is a good starting point. Sounds like it might be the phone for me. Whatever I get will be a huge upgrade as you said.
another phone which is due to come out is the htc 8s which is a mid range wp8, looks really slick mate, comes in diff colours. it hasnt got quite the umph the flagship wp8 devices have but if your on a budget and want wp8 this may be the phone for you. looking at vids on youtube tho it does look pretty fast and lag free from what i could see which was not very much as htc put a ban on reviewers from going too deep into the phone till a certain date, why? i dont know. for a little bit more is the htc 8x which is htc`s flagship wp8 device which looks impressive also. my head is wrecked i dont know what to go for right now lol. i got 300 to play with, can get a lumia800 for 150, a htc 8s for 220 or a htc 8x for 375 which would mean putting 75 to the cash settlement money, but it does look sweet like. also my contract runs out in feb so i can upgrade then too, which possibly thinking a galaxy note 2 then, and keep whatever i get now for in work as i work on buildng sites and my phone will more than likely take a few bumps and sctratches. keep these in mind also mate, both considerably alot cheaper than there nokia rivals in wp8.

its bigger bro :)

Old 11-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #166
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaleh View Post
yup they arent as good as the 820/920. If those are out of your budget MAAKU, then look for an HTC or some other make with windows 8 OS.

As much as the phone and the OS are amazing, it still isnt a 100% developed, like for instance I had to download a free app to show the battery level on home screen and when locked. Also, I made the mistake of logging in using an old email account and all the wrong data/contacts got downloaded to the phone. Turns out the only way u can change that email account is by formatting the phone.
Hey Salsaleh,

Thanks for the advice. Wish I'd seen it about 2 hours ago.
I looked for HTC phones, but didn't see any here (Italy) - is it under another name in some places?

Anyway, I got the Lumia 800 over a Sony in the end. After many negative experiences with Sony and the fact that the Lumia's maps apparently work offline, I decided on it. Thanks for the tip on the e-mail account - I'll set up a new one and deal with inputting contacts manually there, then update the phone. I'd like to have an account dedicated to managing
Just the phone, I think.

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited by Maaku; 11-25-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Maaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #167
salsaleh
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Hey Salsaleh,

Thanks for the advice. Wish I'd seen it about 2 hours ago.
I looked for HTC phones, but didn't see any here (Italy) - is it under another name in some places?

Anyway, I got the Lunia 800 over a Sony in the end. After many negative experiences with Sony and the fact that the Lumia's maps apparently work offline, I decided on it. Thanks for the tip on the e-mail account - I'll set up a new one and deal with inputting contacts manually there, then update the phone. I'd like to have an account dedicated to managing
Just the phone, I think.

Cheers,

Mark
congrats on the new phone, yup thats what i ended up doing, have an account dedicated for the phone, personally I wouldnt want to sync (confuse) things together.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #168
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Just bought the Note 2 a couple of days ago, don't have a data plan yet and I am amazed by this phone. The only caveat is its size, but you get used to it pretty much after a week, in my case 2 days. The screen is phenomenal, better than the S3's. The sound quality is very good, the earphones that come with it are pretty good quality as well. I played a 720p movie on it and it was smooth and flawless even when seeking. Jellybean, which I am just starting to explore, is great; so many fun an useful gestures that you can use. Then there is the S-Pen, but I won't get into that right now. If anyone wants some more detailed feedback later on just let me know.

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam

Last edited by Rad Rage; 11-25-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #169
Dizzymagoo
AMA Supersport Racer

iPhones are great for people who expect things to just work. The S3 is for people who like to fiddle with their phones. I work for a computer repair shop and have been doing computers and electronics for around 10 years now. Right now I have the original Galaxy S. Im personally in the same debate right now on which phone to get and im personally going to go with the S3.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #170
danlar
Knee Dragger

GS3 ftw!!
danlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #171
CepheiA
Moto GP Racer

Police concerned with Apple iOS 6 mapping system

FLUTTERSHY
600rr.net Crash Stats: Will You Crash?
WTB: Sprint/Unlocked BLACK HTC One (M7)
WTB: Nexus7
CepheiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #172
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CepheiA View Post
Ha !! Silly driver!

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #173
CepheiA
Moto GP Racer

Google Maps for iOS surpassed 10M downloads in less than 48 hours

FLUTTERSHY
Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #174
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Still love my Lumia 920. Face it, they are all good phones. I just happen to like being on a complete Win 8 stack. PC, laptops, tablet and phone. My wife is on a complete Apple stack, as I was before.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #175
Neptune
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Still love my Lumia 920. Face it, they are all good phones. I just happen to like being on a complete Win 8 stack. PC, laptops, tablet and phone. My wife is on a complete Apple stack, as I was before.
The commercial for the lumia 920 is great

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #176
nuclear0240
Knee Dragger

I have the gs3 and my girlfriend has the iPhone and we both agree that the gs3 is by far the best phone we have ever encountered. Get a gs3 you wont be disappointed
nuclear0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nuclear0240 For This Useful Post:
Nuttynu (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #177
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear0240 View Post
I have the gs3 and my girlfriend has the iPhone and we both agree that the gs3 is by far the best phone we have ever encountered. Get a gs3 you wont be disappointed
No regrets, but I will try something different next time away from apple

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #178
CepheiA
Moto GP Racer

Consumer Reports Says iPhone 5 Is The Worst Of The Top Smartphones

FLUTTERSHY
Old 01-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #179
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

That new Nokia is pretty sick

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #180
pgracing
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
all i want to say S3 is the best phone made.
pgracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement