Pics of your 600rr Race / Track Bike - Page 34 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Track Talk > Trackdays

Trackdays Privateers and Professionals

Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #991
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by droom View Post
Do I see right you have Bridgestones R10? How are they? My bike came with a new set of R10s, but I had no time yet to put them to a test. By the way, very nice, clean looking bike you have there :D
I love the R10's. I recommend them to anyone. Ive ridden supercorsa's, S20's, 003', 016's, etc and there is no tire out there besides a slick that will come close to comparing to the R10s. And the best part about them, is they are cheaper and better than any of the competitors out there! If you want anymore information such as life expectancy, op temps, etc let me know!

Akrapovic Evolution Full Titanium Exhaust
Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo M4 108mm Monoblock Calipers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
OH81KRR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OH81KRR For This Useful Post:
droom (11-26-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #992
OveRReV
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Do I see right you have Bridgestones R10? How are they? My bike came with a new set of R10s, but I had no time yet to put them to a test. By the way, very nice, clean looking bike you have there :D
we used them here, they wear quite fast especially the front tire & if you have an abrasive track surface you're fkd, wish they made a hard compound front tire, they like to be run with high hot pressures, around 35 to 37psi front, 32 to 33psi rear. there is a new R10 Evo but it's for the rear only & Dave Moss says it is a different construction (stiffer carcass, think Dunlop & Michelin) so your hot pressures will be lower around 26 to 28psi.

2004 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 0.90 N/mm fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCIIIUSB
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID ERV3 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
SBS HS pads
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM RL Annitori quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
OveRReV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #993
droom
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH81KRR View Post
I love the R10's. I recommend them to anyone. Ive ridden supercorsa's, S20's, 003', 016's, etc and there is no tire out there besides a slick that will come close to comparing to the R10s. And the best part about them, is they are cheaper and better than any of the competitors out there! If you want anymore information such as life expectancy, op temps, etc let me know!
thank you

I've only ridden Dunlops GP D211 NTECs for racing, and Dunlop GP Racers and Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pros for practice/trackday. I'm looking forward to trying the R10s. There aren't many in my country using them, that I know for sure.
droom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 AM   #994
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV View Post
we used them here, they wear quite fast especially the front tire & if you have an abrasive track surface you're fkd, wish they made a hard compound front tire, they like to be run with high hot pressures, around 35 to 37psi front, 32 to 33psi rear. there is a new R10 Evo but it's for the rear only & Dave Moss says it is a different construction (stiffer carcass, think Dunlop & Michelin) so your hot pressures will be lower around 26 to 28psi.
I dont have a problem with heavy wear at all! Im in Germany running the Ring, Hockenheim, SPA(Belgium), Most, Brunn, etc and dont have a problem what so ever with them. The Bridgestone guys here are saying 31F 28R off the warmers. I think your pressures are quite high, possibly leading to your excessive wear. I running the type 3 front and rear which is the soft compound.

A lot of the racers that I know(depending on class) are either running UK NTEC's or R10 front slick rear as the R10 give much more feedback and life.

Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #995
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

Quote:
thank you

I've only ridden Dunlops GP D211 NTECs for racing, and Dunlop GP Racers and Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pros for practice/trackday. I'm looking forward to trying the R10s. There aren't many in my country using them, that I know for sure.
What country are you in?

Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
Old 11-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #996
droom
Training Wheel Hero

I'm in Romania, so we are running on (almost) same tracks: Brno/Brün, Slovakiaring, Panonia, Hungaroring and Serres in Greece, which is the closest. Hopefully towards the end of 2013 we will have a decent racetrack in Romania too

I guess the R10s will become more appreciated, particularly since the new Dunlop D212 didn't get too good reviews over here. My friends complain about lack of grip with the new Dunlop race compound.

P.S. Wenn nötig, dann kann ich Deutsch auch :D
Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #997
OveRReV
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I dont have a problem with heavy wear at all! Im in Germany running the Ring, Hockenheim, SPA(Belgium), Most, Brunn, etc and dont have a problem what so ever with them. The Bridgestone guys here are saying 31F 28R off the warmers. I think your pressures are quite high, possibly leading to your excessive wear. I running the type 3 front and rear which is the soft compound.

A lot of the racers that I know(depending on class) are either running UK NTEC's or R10 front slick rear as the R10 give much more feedback and life.
i'm located in the Philippines, if you think Malaysia is hot you should go here & experience the climate, you'll get a tan even just by hiding in the shade.

here is the link to the page, scroll down & you'll see the front tires, both from the Panigale 1199 base models.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=107722&page=27

i'm also suspension tuner for a superbike team running a 2012 ZX10R with full Ohlins suspension (30mm NIX carts & TTX MK1 rear shock) from Dan Kyle & no matter how much i fiddle with suspension, geometry & pressure we still get the same tear on the front, no luck also with the BT003, wish they made them in a hard compound front.

Bridgestone is the control tire for the SBK races here & our front to rear tire wear ratio is 2 fronts to 1 rear. wish we had an open tire rules so we could run Supercorsa SC, Power Cup, D211GPA tires.

2004 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCIIIUSB
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID ERV3 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
SBS HS pads
EVR CTS slipper clutch
Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #998
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

Quote:
I'm in Romania, so we are running on (almost) same tracks: Brno/Brün, Slovakiaring, Panonia, Hungaroring and Serres in Greece, which is the closest. Hopefully towards the end of 2013 we will have a decent racetrack in Romania too

I guess the R10s will become more appreciated, particularly since the new Dunlop D212 didn't get too good reviews over here. My friends complain about lack of grip with the new Dunlop race compound.

P.S. Wenn nötig, dann kann ich Deutsch auch :D
Ich bin Amerikaner, so Englisch ist besser

Yeah Ive heard nothing good about the 212's. You should join us at Rijeka in April for 4 days. Great deal through dunn-racing. 300 euro for 4 days. We are driving down from Germany for the event. Let me know if you wanna join and we can link up down there.

Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
Old 11-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #999
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV View Post
i'm located in the Philippines, if you think Malaysia is hot you should go here & experience the climate, you'll get a tan even just by hiding in the shade.

here is the link to the page, scroll down & you'll see the front tires, both from the Panigale 1199 base models.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=107722&page=27

i'm also suspension tuner for a superbike team running a 2012 ZX10R with full Ohlins suspension (30mm NIX carts & TTX MK1 rear shock) from Dan Kyle & no matter how much i fiddle with suspension, geometry & pressure we still get the same tear on the front, no luck also with the BT003, wish they made them in a hard compound front.

Bridgestone is the control tire for the SBK races here & our front to rear tire wear ratio is 2 fronts to 1 rear. wish we had an open tire rules so we could run Supercorsa SC, Power Cup, D211GPA tires.
I understand the tear. I am getting what looks like cold tear on the front, but I know its not lol. Its just crazy how high of psi/bar you guys are running down there espically with the track temps you have. Like I said, the Bridgestone reps at the track are saying when track temps are between 38c-40c to be running 31F 28R so operating temps with be right around 33.5-35F & 31-31.5R. At your operating psi/bar I would think pushing the front or stepping the rear out would be too easy. Ive run the R10's at 36F 32R and they seemed very hard and slippery. But to each his own, all depends on how you ride and suspension setup!

Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
Old 11-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #1000
OveRReV
Moto GP Racer

Quote:

Yeah Ive heard nothing good about the 212's. You should join us at Rijeka in April for 4 days. Great deal through dunn-racing. 300 euro for 4 days. We are driving down from Germany for the event. Let me know if you wanna join and we can link up down there.
Dunlop D212GP is actually the Unbeaten-02N which made in Japan by Sumitomo Rubber Industries, it has a different construction & compound than the D211GP, this is the control tire for the Asian Road Racing Championships which is basically a superstock class.

i have heard from a reliable source (his nephew races for the Suzuki team) that they only use this for 1 practice session & they throw them away even if they have plenty of tread left. would have loved to get a set or 2 from the garbage dump to try on my bike.

2004 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCIIIUSB
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID ERV3 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
SBS HS pads
EVR CTS slipper clutch
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #1001
OveRReV
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I understand the tear. I am getting what looks like cold tear on the front, but I know its not lol. Its just crazy how high of psi/bar you guys are running down there espically with the track temps you have. Like I said, the Bridgestone reps at the track are saying when track temps are between 38c-40c to be running 31F 28R so operating temps with be right around 33.5-35F & 31-31.5R. At your operating psi/bar I would think pushing the front or stepping the rear out would be too easy. Ive run the R10's at 36F 32R and they seemed very hard and slippery. But to each his own, all depends on how you ride and suspension setup!
we ran it as high as 37psi hot on the front & it did little to curb the tear, the rear was fine with 32psi hot, lowering the hot pressure on the front made it feel mushy & accelerated the wear. we did run a BT003 front Type2 hard & the tear was non existent, it was good until they ran out of Type2 & so we were forced to use the softer Type3 compound & there our problems started.

since Bridgestone renewed the contract to supply the control tires for another 2yrs (this sucks) so again we will be forced to use the tires again, we'll have another go at it & try our best to solve the problem but still i really think the compound is too soft for our track surface & temps.

2004 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCIIIUSB
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID ERV3 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
SBS HS pads
EVR CTS slipper clutch
Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #1002
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

I've also heard Bridgestone is going to be coming out with a new tire this coming season. Things i've read say they're supposed to be really good, so we shall see.

Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #1003
droom
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:

That's a great price indeed! I'll look up the website of dunn-racing and let you know. So far we don't know the calendar for the Romania Superbike championship for next year, but usually the first race will be sometime end of March beginning of April. If not conflicting, I'll make sure to come. My wife will definitely enjoy a short vacation too.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #1004
OH81KRR
Knee Dragger

Quote:
That's a great price indeed! I'll look up the website of dunn-racing and let you know. So far we don't know the calendar for the Romania Superbike championship for next year, but usually the first race will be sometime end of March beginning of April. If not conflicting, I'll make sure to come. My wife will definitely enjoy a short vacation too.
here is the link. That would be cool if you could join. yeah my wife is Croatian so she loves going back there so she will enjoy it also.

http://www.dunn-racing.de/rijeka-.html

Power Commander V
Auto Tune
Annitori Quickshifter
K&N Race Filter
STM Slipper Clutch
Kraus Racing Dyno Tune
Ohlins TTX36 Shock
Ohlins 30mm Cart Kit
GB Racing Covers
Vortex Rearsets
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Sprockets
DID 520 Chain
Brembo Folding Levers
Brembo HP 320mm Rotors
Brembo Reservoir
Braided Lines
Sebimoto Race Fairings

#69 Team America Racing
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #1005
droom
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
here is the link. That would be cool if you could join. yeah my wife is Croatian so she loves going back there so she will enjoy it also.

http://www.dunn-racing.de/rijeka-.html
I have many work colleagues from Croatia and they are perfect party/drinking buddies!

I hope we will meet down there.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #1006
fallingbomb
Moto GP Racer

I haven't had any wear issues with the front tire on R10s. I don't run at that abrasive of a track but I did run them over the course of the summer. That had a few days of over 100 deg temps (air).
2007 CBR600RR -- CVMA #270 -- Pictures -- Build Thread
fallingbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #1007
redrr308
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
repaint final time lol now for stickers
redrr308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #1008
Boarider
Training Wheel Hero

I don't think I'm going to do anything special with it.
Boarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #1009
DapperDubz
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'll Play:

Taken by P-Nasty||Chick was From Chaos Theory

-RDubzz
DapperDubz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperDubz For This Useful Post:
FlipDiver79 (01-20-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #1010
Mina
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
After the face lift:

Waiting for my white decal kit and it's pretty much a wrap.
Mina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #1011
oveRRide
AMA Supersport Racer

Sexyyyyyyy

GOGATORS
oveRRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #1012
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Zoom-Spark View Post

Great lookin' bike, awesome helmet as well. Where'd your visor go in the last pic??

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #1013
Azn-Sensation
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Just a lil photo op after I cleaned them up after this last TD.

Azn-Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1014
Str8_Lurkin
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Very sexy bikes!

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
Str8_Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Str8_Lurkin For This Useful Post:
Azn-Sensation (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #1015
Sun-Zoom-Spark
BOTM Winner 03/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Great lookin' bike, awesome helmet as well. Where'd your visor go in the last pic??
Thanks man

Just a clean visor in the last pic.

I had really bad problems with misting on that track day. I could only get a couple of laps done before the visor completely misted up and I couldn't see anything!

I had to keep going into the pits and changing visors/cleaning and using different anti-fog products.

Sun-Zoom-Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun-Zoom-Spark For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (01-27-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1016
FlipDiver79
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn-Sensation View Post
Just a lil photo op after I cleaned them up after this last TD.
Looking good Johnny. Looks even better in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
FlipDiver79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlipDiver79 For This Useful Post:
Azn-Sensation (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #1017
flboarder
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Pics of your 600rr Race / Track Bike

Getting it painted this week. White up top black lower
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1358897403.642261.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	34401

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
flboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #1018
nickmal47
Knee Dragger

Before 1st crash...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1358903408.669185.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	34409

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
nickmal47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #1019
nickmal47
Knee Dragger

After second crash.. LolClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1358903526.502016.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	34417

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
nickmal47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #1020
BajanRR
Knee Dragger

Looks nice. Is that a set of armor bodies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
BajanRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement