?? COP WHAT COP ?? : Pull Over, or Keep Going.? - Page 3 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #61
mick.
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i would slow down a bit, and try to find some turns to get lost in. i also agree with others, if they got my plates, whats the point? i'd pull over.

i have been pulled over before for doing 63mph in a 45mph. cop let me go with a warning. (comment on liking my gear for my passenger and I)

that being said i have also passed camping cops around 45mph in a 30 zone. saw him put his car in drive and turn his blinker on to pull out. i gave her a little gas and went down a few side streets and parked behind a building.

my life is worth more than $120. and sadly for myself, i dont think i have the skills to NOT pay the bill. like most, i would probably end up in a ditch.

Last edited by mick.; 10-25-2012 at 09:38 PM.
mick. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #62
wckedIntentions
BOTM winner 11/12

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I always pull over. I'm 100% legit w/ license and reg. etc. and they usually cut me a break, assuming im polite and wasn't putting anyone else in danger. Most cops around here are ok, and appreciate a biker who doesn't run and wears proper gear. At least the few that have pulled me so far.

A Story for the "RUNNERS"...

A guy that hangs out at a local shop i frequent is known for running and unfortunately, drinking as well. He would go to bike nights at the local Quaker Steak and drink then hop on his bike and ride home. One night he was doing 120+ and saw the blue lights. He dropped a gear and turned the dotted lines into a solid line. This wasn't the first time he had run, but from what i'm told, he had several "reasons" to try that night. Being drunk with no license, no insurance, and no plates on the bike he decided to roll the dice. Somehow he managed to get some distance and hid at a friends house till morning.

I guess this made him feel just a little more untouchable because he did the same thing the next week at bike night again! Only this time he was not so lucky. He was riding home doing the speed limit and obeying traffic laws, since he had been drinking and still had the same illegitimate setup as before. Well there were a few extra cops hanging out around the area where he had run the week before, and one of them must have recognized the bike (bright green kawi with custom paint etc). Blue lights filled the night air as tires screeched into pursuit.

With a quick downshift and a flick of the wrist, he was at moto gp speeds on open highway. Again, he managed to put some distance between him and the fuzz. Thinking he was in the clear, he slowed down to take an exit ramp and get off the highway.

A crippling pain fills his leg as he is tossed to the ground in agony. A state trooper had come off the ramp behind him with no lights on and slammed into him, knocking him off his bike and sending his tibia (shin bone) through the side of his leg. With a compound fracture laying on the side of the road, he reaches for his cell phone from his pocket, only to pull out broken pieces of it. The officer is now approaching from his car after turning on the lights that were so cleverly hidden before. Describing the officers demeanor as pissed off, would be quite the understatement from what i was told.

He put the guy in handcuffs and decided it was more important to question him before calling a much needed ambulance. After finally being transported to the hospital to be tested for BAC and surgery on his leg (8 metal pins and a hefty metal bracket) he was arrested for evading. He did not have insurance on the bike (only transportation) or himself, leaving him with 100k+ in medical bills plus a totaled bike. He could not go to work with a shattered leg and no ride, although he was fired for getting a DUI anyway. Leaving him with no job, and no way to pay bills, his house was repossessed a few months later (already behind on payments even before the accident). His wife of 3 years left him after they lost the house and he still couldn't get a job.

He filed a lawsuit against the State Trooper that hit him, although the State Trooper still claims that the guy hit his car and not vice versa. The onboard dash cam from the officers car after being subpenaed, mysteriously disappeared, and the lawsuit has little to no validity in court after having a BAC of .16 almost an hour after the incident.

The officer sent him a bill for the damages done to his car after hitting him, that he is responsible for paying. (gangsta)

He now has, no job, no bike, no wife, no house, and walks kinda funny and slightly to the right, and complains of pain when it rains...

Think before you run.
(and it goes without saying, don't fvcking drink and ride either)

Last edited by wckedIntentions; 10-26-2012 at 01:59 AM.
wckedIntentions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #63
Eurodriver
AMA Supersport Racer

Wckedintentions, I can't say I feel sorry for that guy one bit. A cop chasing a speeding bike down the highway is having to put his life in danger to catch that a hole so he doesn't kill somebody else. What kind of an idiot with a house and wife does that??
Eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #64
wckedIntentions
BOTM winner 11/12

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
Wckedintentions, I can't say I feel sorry for that guy one bit. A cop chasing a speeding bike down the highway is having to put his life in danger to catch that a hole so he doesn't kill somebody else. What kind of an idiot with a house and wife does that??

I completely agree. I don't feel sorry for him either. When I found out the cop sent him the bill for the damages to his cruiser I laughed so hard I almost peed a little.
wckedIntentions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #65
sk33m101
BOTM Winner 11/13

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Dont feel sorry for the guy. But the video dissappearing is wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX

check out my 08 build..its
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=164887
sk33m101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #66
01PewterT/A
Training Wheel Hero

Ive had a time where I was on my way to school around noon and wasn't in a good mood already and I just left my house about 5 minutes before this. I was getting on the highway and didn't check for cops and twisted the throttle wide open and took it up to about 130-140 before I caught up to traffic and when I checked my mirrors to make sure there wasn't a cop there sure enough there was a state trooper flying up behind me but surprisingly to me didn't have his light bar on. I figured there was no point in attempting to lose him since I already slowed down and he probably got my plate by that point so I continued on with him tailgating the sh*t out of me for about 10 minutes and then he just backed off and turned off the highway leaving my very confused. After I thought about it I figured he was probably sitting at the intersection I turned on at and watched my hammer it but didn't get me on radar so was waiting for me to run so he had another reason to pull me over.
Another time happened with a truck I used to have. It was late at night and I was feeling young and dumb so I went to an intersection where I figured no cops would be anywhere near and lit up the tires and filled the whole intersection with smoke (I thought the burnout was worth the ticket I was about to receive lol.) and let go of the brake and kept the tires spinning through the intersection and then I saw the cop coming down the road so as he passed me and started pulling a uturn behind me I turned off that road and went into an alley and just as I was about to shut the lights off I saw his light bar coming my way so I just stopped and he gave me a ticket and asked if I was trying to run from him but I denied it and he didn't seem to concerned about that since I ended up stopping.
I'm really not that interested in running just from stories ive heard about people crashing and getting caught going to jail ect... especially with all the things cops can do if they really want to catch you like radio ahead for a road block or something.
01PewterT/A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 01PewterT/A For This Useful Post:
TRIBAL05BLACK (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #67
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

After hearing the story of the video disappearing, **** THE POLICE. I don't feel bad for the guy, drinking and riding is bad. Video disappearing is worse, they hit him. I almost got hit by a cop once, for no reason. I hate 90% of the police. If I'm out and they have no chance of catching me, I'll run. If they Got me dead to rights, I'm pulling over and paying for my stupidity. But If I know I'm going 150MPH and he's coming from a standstill. I'll run for it.I really do Hate 90% Of the police in my area, they are young hot shot douche bags. They deserve someone to run from them. They are scum. They make up 90% of the police force in San Mateo. The other 5% are the older OG Dudes, and the other 5% Women.
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
TRIBAL05BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRIBAL05BLACK For This Useful Post:
scotts06rr (11-11-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #68
Bimmerx2
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroPop View Post
out of my group of 20 friends that ride. only 4 of us have Licenses.
Good idea, why make it easy on those mean old cops? Make sure they have to write as many tickets as possible, that'll teach 'em for messing with you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBAL05BLACK View Post
... I almost got hit by a cop once, for no reason.
Almost got hit once? Seems like it was pretty traumatic. Are you that affected by the other zillion drivers that almost hit you when you're riding?

---------------------------

Really guys, life is not as hard as you're making it.

Current stable:
05 Honda CBR 600RR (track only)
06 BMW R1200 GS (sold)
08 Honda CBR 1000RR (street only)
12 BMW K1600GTL

Motorcycle Road Trips I've Taken: http://lonemuser.blogspot.com/p/moto...rip-index.html
Bimmerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #69
TRIBAL05BLACK
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerx2 View Post
Good idea, why make it easy on those mean old cops? Make sure they have to write as many tickets as possible, that'll teach 'em for messing with you guys.

Almost got hit once? Seems like it was pretty traumatic. Are you that affected by the other zillion drivers that almost hit you when you're riding?

---------------------------

Really guys, life is not as hard as you're making it.
I hate when other drivers almost hit me.But I tend to say "FuckEm" and Flip them off.The cop tried to pit maneuver me while I'm on a motorcycle. Without his lights flashing. They are supposed to serve and protect. Not punish and neglect. Personal Opinion thats all. I made a thread about it once. Just saying
Here in Philly very few ride alone (mostly small crews) but even if they are alone and get run off the road, 20 other riders are just a phone call away. it wont be long before these idiots are over run by a Squid-Squad that'll leave those Tonka cars smoldering!!
TRIBAL05BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #70
Steve03rr
Training Wheel Hero

a few years ago me and a friend were leading a twisty run one afternoon, and came out of a turn obviously over the speed limit. little to say i saw lights in my mirrors and thought about running, but i chose to pull over put the bike on the stand and get ready for an ass chewing. i had my helmet off by the time the cop came up to me and prepared for the worse. the officer asked how fast we were going as he didn't clock us, but i was honest and said we were going faster than we should have. its always good to be honest because lieing never gets you anywhere. he then stepped back to admire the bikes and then let us go with a warning to behave haha!!!
Steve03rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #71
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wish there were more cop's like that.

HardRacing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #72
Owns24
AMA Supersport Racer

I've ran once but that was only because the cop was on the shoulder and I was going 90+. I knew that there was an exit about a 1/2 mile up the highway that drops down and the highway goes over the road I was planning on exiting on.

I got off the highway and turned left then ran a red to turn left again back onto the highway in the opposite direction... 1st and last time ill do that

-Owns
Owns24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #73
HardRacing.
Official Sponsor

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How fast was your heart beating ?

HardRacing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #74
danlar
Knee Dragger

I would pull over. It's not worth possibly losing a limb or your life over
danlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #75
hellomoto_25
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm not a cop but I am in law enforcement. I have arrest authority and deal mainly with narcotics as I have a k9.

If I get a dumbass with shake in the vehicle I am more likely to not bother gathering it out of the carpet if you are honest when I ask you if you use drugs. If you look at me and say,"no" then I will march my happy a$$ back to your vehicle and gather anything I can and charge you.

Last one I had a couple days ago ended up with a bag full and an open container. All I heard for 3 hours was....."please sir, please!". Haha

Be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #76
Zmart12
Training Wheel Hero

I'd stop, flash my badge and smile....

In Atlanta most cops... besides Georgia State Police, are lenient when bikers stop for a few reasons

1. Most departments don't even chase just for speeding.
2. Most departments wont chase a bike period.
3. The officer knows he can be outrun without help from the air

If you were just speeding in your lane and it's not very populated at the moment... no biggie, just stop. If it's heavier traffic and you're bobbing and weaving through traffic and acting like a nut at excess of 100 or more.... well lets hope you're good cause if he gets you it wont end well.

Here in Metro Atlanta if it was pretty clear on the roads, I knew my area, I was confident on my bike, and I was sure I could get somewhere quick without putting anyone but myself in danger..... I'd be gone. The only thing is once you make that decision, if you do get caught without having to be scraped off the pavement ... it wont be pretty in court.

If you do get pulled over.. pray it's a fellow biker cop.
Also be nice and just call yourself a dummy and say you're sorry and he should lighten up a little.

Edit: if you were really smart you'd find some cops in your area and find the towns/cities/counties that have a no chase except for the 7 deadly sins policy.... then have fun :P

Last edited by Zmart12; 11-29-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Zmart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement