Another dotnet speculation thread: Mars Curiosity Rover - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #31
SilentSun
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^ Damn ballers with your stinking rich man's pay TV...

Gota get my ass to mars and start sifting, then I can have me some pay TV too.

Also I'm surprised no one has yet to spill the beans on what they found... ohh well, nearly December...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #32
MikeyP
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
They found water on Mars.

While the chances of other life-forms existing in our universe is slim, it is possible.
Buuuuut, understand the word "life-form" is a very general term. A single-celled organism like bacteria is a life-form, and will likely be the type of "life" we find. If water is discovered the chances of single-celled organisms increases.
Chances of "intelligent" life-forms are not likely.
2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
Unfortunately bikes fall over. It's in their nature.
It's our job to keep them upright, but we are only men.
MikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #33
SilentSun
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
They found water on Mars.

While the chances of other life-forms existing in our universe is slim, it is possible.
Buuuuut, understand the word "life-form" is a very general term. A single-celled organism like bacteria is a life-form, and will likely be the type of "life" we find. If water is discovered the chances of single-celled organisms increases.
Chances of "intelligent" life-forms are not likely.
They found water AAAAGGGGEEEESSSSS ago... they also found the 'building blocks' to life aaaaaaagggggeeesssss ago, this new discovery is new, and hopefull is about new stuff.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #34
havok289
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah it's already been talked about with water being on mars, with the polar ice caps and the 'runoff' they've seen exploring the hills of mars. There definitely WAS water on mars at some point, but once it lost it's atmosphere, and magnetic field, it was all blown away from solar winds and radiation.

I do also hope that it's something NEW and not something that they're just gonna reopen. However, I do think the space race should continue. As human beings we should be exploring our world and other worlds like it, not worrying about what new features our iPhone 17 will have :-\ While technology definitely makes our lives easier, when all our resources run out people will be standing around with their thumbs up their as*ses saying "Well... what now?"

My boss mentioned he saw something that NASA had released saying wasn't life and that it may be organic compounds, whether that's true or not, we only have to wait a few days for the release. Either way I'm excited.

PS. Silent, I read that stuff on the anthropic principles and the branches it has formed, interesting stuff. While I agree with most it's not so much a theory and more of a philosophical standing on life. I think it's interesting to see other ideas on how/what the universe really is or how it was created. I like thinking about how things would be different if the physical constants were just ever so slightly different, and I liked the ideas of how the universe only exists because there is someone/something there to perceive it. Not particularly my cup of tea but it was definitely a good read :D.

As for intelligent design...bullsh*t :-\

- 2004 CBR1000rr - Sold
- 2008 CBR600rr - In action

->Spiegler SS Brake Lines
->Renthal grips
->China gold levers
->Brake Res. Delete
->Leo Vince SBK Slip on
->OES frame sliders
->HotBodies flush mounts
->CBR Heaven fender eliminator
->BKmoto 35w HID 6000k

Last edited by havok289; 11-29-2012 at 06:56 AM.
havok289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #35
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement