» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Meeting Point > United Kingdom

United Kingdom A place for riders from the UK to set up group rides

Old 10-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Theory Test

Just booked my car theory test, again, passed the fecker many times but never go and get a damn car licence, so im planning to do it this time(im being serious now, no more moving country etc all the time), now one question is i've always found the hazard part pure luck on the times ive passed it for car and bike, does anyone know as a fact how the damn thing scores...i know what a hazard is but seriously what le fock...

anyone actually know?my blonde gf even has a car licence and can barely drive properly and doesn't even know how to check her tyre pressures, i do it...so about time i got a damn licence considering all the idiots we contend with have them on the roads..

Old 10-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
swan-rr5
AMA Supersport Racer

I only got my car license 3 yrs ago, the hazard perception was a PITA. its scored on how quickly you notice the "developing hazard" in each clip, max score of 5 for each clip, so basically you pretend you're driving along & click when you see the thing that could cause you to take action. they say to click a few times as it develops to make sure you get the points, but don't click too much or you lose all points (I did that on 1 clip, how many is too many? who knows)

now being a biker, isn't everything a hazard? lol I think its just another BS excuse to get more money tbh

theres a few sites online that let you do mock HP tests for free, AA being 1 of them

good luck
swan-rr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
AF600RR
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
trick i found with it is, when you see the hazard, click once then click AGAIN 1-2 seconds later. So 2 clicks per hazard.

When i did this for both car and then bike i got 65+ first time and 70+ second time.

Also the second time (for my bike test) i completed the 50 questions in under 3 minutes and got 50/50 . Probably the easiest exam i have ever taken
AF600RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

yea as said ive passed them before, what i thought it was is

1st click to notice the hazard
2nd click when you take action(a hazard being something that makes you change speed and/or direction)
3rd click once everything is normal again

i still swear the one time i took it thats what they said...

a row of cars is only 1 hazard, since after the speed and direction change you stay the same till you've cleared the row...

didnt know the max 5 points for each clip, but i have 20/20 vision so i click like half an hour before the hazard as yea, been riding bikes for years spot that **** like a mofo but i wonder if thats too early for the test to register my click...who knows
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Haaa just failed my driving test again today...examiners opinion i shouldnt have pulled out a junction when i did...same as one of my other fails...

Seriously don't know how this bullshit keeps happening when i pass ALL my bike stuff first time!!

Oh well, i need 913 for something else and my insurance payments have kicked in again for new policy so I can't afford to retake it, lovely
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
AF600RR
AMA Supersport Racer

your used to your bike as you pull out faster and pick up speed quicker. So when in the car your brain thinks "i can make it".
AF600RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedf View Post
your used to your bike as you pull out faster and pick up speed quicker. So when in the car your brain thinks "i can make it".
yea i was sat there for ages nobody was stopping and i was like...that car is ages away, thing is i pulled out, got into my lane, straight and went off before that car got anywhere near, just the bitch decided otherwise

(yet she, same examiner, passes my gf first time and she doesnt know ****, i have to pump up her bloody tyres or they dont get done, her engine oil has gone to ****, she doesnt check anything but yea shes got a car licence i dont and ive been driving years)

anyway i cant afford to continue for a good couple of months now as i need to find like 1200 now from somewhere and earn dirt....
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
ash2020
AMA Supersport Racer

how many times have you failed?
cant you go on one of those guarenteed to pass courses like they had so many years ago or dont they exist any more
i can remember seeing them advertised for like 400-500 for 3 day course guarenteed to pass ,if you dont pass 1st time you take following day and so on and so on until you do with no extra charge
if youve been driving years you may have picked up bad habits that the examiners dont like

Last edited by ash2020; 11-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.
ash2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #9
swan-rr5
AMA Supersport Racer

that sucks man, sorry to hear.

I think ash may be right about some possible bad habits, when I was doing my lessons 3yrs ago I'd sit in 3rd gear a lot because I would cruise in 3rd on the bike, took a bit to break that habit.

its too bad the idea in the UK is "to teach just enough to pass", so if you do a perfect drive in a lesson, then replicate it on the test then you can't fail, sure explains why there is so many idiots on the road doesn't it?

I went to school with a guy who passed his test at 17 at 1pm, then the car was a write off by 3pm the same day. the UK standard doesn't make you a good driver unfortunately, it just gives people the idea that they now own the road because of that little pink card.

I hope you get it sorted soon mate.

P.S. try to find an examiner thats also a biker, I lucked out with my examiner, she rode a bike & it was winter, so I laid it on thick about using a bike in winter being too much risk for me, 2 minor faults lol. (sorry, that wont help right now)
swan-rr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:00 AM   #10
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2020 View Post
how many times have you failed?
cant you go on one of those guarenteed to pass courses like they had so many years ago or dont they exist any more
i can remember seeing them advertised for like 400-500 for 3 day course guarenteed to pass ,if you dont pass 1st time you take following day and so on and so on until you do with no extra charge
if youve been driving years you may have picked up bad habits that the examiners dont like
4 times now, and i haven't got any bad habits, would almost be good if i did then i could blame something but ive taken so many lessons now with driving instructors and driven so many vehicles for years if anything i've picked up habbits of driving properly, i even shuffle the steering wheel like in advanced driving or police driving and how the teach in lessons not because im trying that's my habbit, on bridges i go wide left to allow room, so ive just picked up good habits, yet everytime i fail

most of my examiners have been female though, failed everytime, the closest ive come to passing ironically was with a male examiner....go figure, and guess what sex my examiner that passed all my bike stuff 1st time was yea male my gf is well, sometimes crap at driving yet a female examiner(same one who failed me did gf's test) and my gf she passes first time, the only times she checks her tyre pressures is when i do it for her lol she doesnt know anything about checking the oil etc so shes busy screwing up her car and upset and ive told her she needs to maintain it...so yea i'm competing with drivers like that and i cant get a licence...

at the end of the day im still on the bloody roads anyway, what i failed on is applicable to bike as well really so its not like she's 'saved the roads' from me or anything...im back on them after my test so how bad can i be really

Last edited by brmoore; 11-30-2012 at 05:23 AM.
brmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
ash2020
AMA Supersport Racer

why dont you get your gf to give you lessons in her car,they will be free,and get her to take you on her test route and show you how she drive it when she passed and then you try to drive the same route like she did and then if you drive in the same manner/style on next test then no doubt youll pass,
id definately ask gf for lessons,free and at least she nows what they will expect you to do on the day
ash2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
brmoore
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2020 View Post
why dont you get your gf to give you lessons in her car,they will be free,and get her to take you on her test route and show you how she drive it when she passed and then you try to drive the same route like she did and then if you drive in the same manner/style on next test then no doubt youll pass,
id definately ask gf for lessons,free and at least she nows what they will expect you to do on the day
she can't, she doesn't meet the requirements to teach a provisional licence holder , i tell her who's gonna know since im better than her at driving been doing it years, only reason ive failed all these times as moved country twice never really concentrated on passing and used 4 instructors, 4 cars and 3 test centres

she can't park, forgets to signal, wrong lanes, but yea shes got the licence and i don't....

Last edited by brmoore; 12-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.
brmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

There's a certain irony in the fact that the government allows you to roll around on a super sport, but won't let you drive a car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement