» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > Exhaust & Fuel Delivery

Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
legiteuphoria
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PCV vs Bazzaz Autotune? 2009 6rr

Hey guys I've searched the forums and I haven't been able to find any info on how effective the autotune features are from these fuel controllers.

I'm about to purchase a full hyperflo system and was wondering whether or not it is most effective to just get the basic fuel controller and take it to the dyno or if PCV Autotune works wonders? I also read that the Bazzaz has AFM.
I saw there was a quick shift feature, what exactly does this feature do?
Experience with traction control effectiveness?
Is there a big difference or reason to buy a PCV over a Bazzaz? or vice versa?
Also plan on using the zBomb since I'm riding an 09 600rr
legiteuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
legiteuphoria
Knee Dragger

I also saw that both Bazzaz and PCV are both using all available injectors now correct?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
tuck and roll
Pocketbike Racer

I use the Bazzaz Z-FI-QS with the AFM (autotune) on my race 07 600rr. It works great, good fueling and throttle responce. The quick shift feature momintarly cuts the injectors for aprox. 60ms, allows up shift while holding the throttle WFO, mostly for racing , no more chicken winging.
tuck and roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck and roll View Post
I use the Bazzaz Z-FI-QS with the AFM (autotune) on my race 07 600rr. It works great, good fueling and throttle responce. The quick shift feature momintarly cuts the injectors for aprox. 60ms, allows up shift while holding the throttle WFO, mostly for racing , no more chicken winging.
This system overrides the stock ECU restriction as well I take it. What is a fair price for your setup?

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
motomummy
Vendor

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
the pcv only controls 4 injectors out of the box. You have to purchase the sfm to have it control 8 injectors.

The bazzaz system does control all 8 injectors.

Both of the auto tuner systems (auto tuner and zafm) work very well. You'll like either one. In our opinion it's the way to go nowadays.

Check us out on Facebook too.
motomummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
legiteuphoria
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
the pcv only controls 4 injectors out of the box. You have to purchase the sfm to have it control 8 injectors.

The bazzaz system does control all 8 injectors.

Both of the auto tuner systems (auto tuner and zafm) work very well. You'll like either one. In our opinion it's the way to go nowadays.
So a bazzaz fuel controller and zafm will not require you to take the bike to a dyno to tune it ? If not, would a dyno yield better tuning results if you did dyno it with a zafm?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
PdubRR
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legiteuphoria View Post
So a bazzaz fuel controller and zafm will not require you to take the bike to a dyno to tune it ? If not, would a dyno yield better tuning results if you did dyno it with a zafm?
+1. Inquiring minds want to know. Would it also have enough range to tune for something radical like a short GP or underbelly style exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
PdubRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
rlee350
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I have the bazzaz zfi/qs, zbomb, and zafm. The biggest difference with auto tune and zafm from what I was told ( it my have changed since) is that the auto tune will adjust automatically while the zafm you tell it when to collect data and when to apply any changes. Also the only problem with a dyno tune is the environment (elevation/temp) it was tuned at. This is why on my first session i turn the AFM on and let it collect, review, and apply normally every track first session.

The dyno tune would be a great base mapping but i trust the zafm and let her figure out what she needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Last edited by rlee350; 12-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
rlee350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
legiteuphoria
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee350 View Post
I have the bazzaz zfi/qs, zbomb, and zafm. The biggest difference with auto tune and zafm from what I was told ( it my have changed since) is that the auto tune will adjust automatically while the zafm you tell it when to collect data and when to apply any changes. Also the only problem with a dyno tune is the environment (elevation/temp) it was tuned at. This is why on my first session i turn the AFM on and let it collect, review, and apply normally every track first session.

The dyno tune would be a great base mapping but i trust the zafm and let her figure out what she needs.

That's what I wanted to hear, I didn't realize the zafm was that good!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #10
Hsunami
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

That's what I wanted to hear, I didn't realize the zafm was that good!
It is THAT GOod! Just installed my Bung yesterday and put on my zAFM. And took it out for a test ride (30 miles- Quick baseline ) came home and applied the changes. Overall my bike was running super lean. It needed 20-38% increase in fuel. Most all above 28%. A few 38s and a few 20s. After riding today so much smoother. So now imma leave it in for 2 weeks to keep gathering data.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
rlee350
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsunami View Post
It is THAT GOod! Just installed my Bung yesterday and put on my zAFM. And took it out for a test ride (30 miles- Quick baseline ) came home and applied the changes. Overall my bike was running super lean. It needed 20-38% increase in fuel. Most all above 28%. A few 38s and a few 20s. After riding today so much smoother. So now imma leave it in for 2 weeks to keep gathering data.
After the pair removal it leaned out some.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
aogokrazy
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Hey guys I've searched the forums and I haven't been able to find any info on how effective the autotune features are from these fuel controllers.

I'm about to purchase a full hyperflo system and was wondering whether or not it is most effective to just get the basic fuel controller and take it to the dyno or if PCV Autotune works wonders? I also read that the Bazzaz has AFM.
I saw there was a quick shift feature, what exactly does this feature do?
Experience with traction control effectiveness?
Is there a big difference or reason to buy a PCV over a Bazzaz? or vice versa?
Also plan on using the zBomb since I'm riding an 09 600rr
to start i have 07CBR with a full hyperflo system and a BMC race air filter. i also have a PCV tuned by Fornarelli Racing.

the quick shifter coupled with the PCV allows you to shift up with out rolling the throttle down or using the clutch. what happens is that the they momentarily cut the fuel and or ignition taking the load off the transmission. in theory this "could" save you split seconds.

It also comes with a launch controller which is kind of a nice feature
aogokrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
Hsunami
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee350 View Post
After the pair removal it leaned out some.

huh, i don't understand
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #14
rlee350
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsunami View Post
huh, i don't understand
Before I did the pair removal the bike would run rich. After I did the pair removal it leaned it out a little. The pair removal will allow the Afm to get more of an accurate read.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #15
03WisconsinRR
BOTM Winner 07/12

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Remember to take out the sensor when your not using the autotune feature. It's not meant to be left in and it will burn up.
BMC - Hotbodies - Brembo RCS19 - Penske 8987 & 20mm Valving - ASV Levers - Rk 520 - GPR Damper - EBC XC Rotors
Woodcraft Clipons - Gilles Chain Adjuster - R&R Subframe - PAIR Mod - Cox Rad Guard - MOYT 4 cell - Factory Pro Shift Star
03WisconsinRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 AM   #16
motomummy
Vendor

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Sorry about the late reply.

Yes, with the Bazzaz ZAFM or the Dynojet Auto Tuner you won't need to take your bike to get it dyno tuned. You can do it yourself.

Is it as good as a dyno? Tricky question. If it's a street bike then yes, you'll be more then fine. The thing is that both are the same, yet different. A dyno and these auto tuners both have wideband o2 sensors that let you tune your bike very precisely. The kicker is this.

With the dyno it will tell you how smooth your power delivery is and what your max power is, what to tweak to get another hp or so. On the street this won't matter, but on the track if you're racing for a living 1 hp could be the difference between 1st and 2nd. However, on the dyno you're not really moving so your ram air isn't working so the tune it's "perfect" right off the bat. So neither is perfect, but if you do both it would be perfect and this is what race teams do. It's a bit spendy to gain 1-2 more hp for the average guy though so I would pick one or the other.

The other nice thing about the ZAFM or Auto tuner is that you can reuse it whenever you want so you don't have to pay for a dyno tune again when you change bikes, change your mods, etc.

Check us out on Facebook too.
motomummy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to motomummy For This Useful Post:
legiteuphoria (12-10-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement