My "Careless Driving" footage - Bullsh*t ticket - Page 3 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Media > Pictures & Video/Sound Clips

Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #61
AF600RR
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i think the female cop is referring to the two black cars you undertook then swerved back in front of them?

kind of agree with the female officer, but the male one is a d*ck, lying to make out you were continuously riding like that.

is the penalty different for careless driving to the other offenses you mentioned?

TBH my personal opinion is it could be classed as careless or even any of the others you've mentioned.

But i can sympathise with you as i would be quite p*ssed if someone radioed me like that.
AF600RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #62
sk33m101
BOTM Winner 11/13

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
If you have a clean record then you will more than likely get off with a pbj man when I first got my bike I got off a wreckless driving ticket for actually doing a wheelie for some drunk instigators like a dummy. But yea careless driving isnt what should have been issued to you. At most aggressive acceleration assuming you signaled when you went back to the left lane and he really has no proof of how fast you were going while passing the two cars 1) he's ssitting still which would make it seem as if you were going faster 2) who's to say those cars weren't doing 25 or under. Which would be realistic considering they we're passing am accident after a light. And for the end of the video about you coming over the bridge fast Idk wtf than guy was talking about

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

check out my 08 build..its
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=164887
sk33m101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #63
Dizzymagoo
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I signaled at all places possible. Yeah I think exhibition of speed could be the most that they could do. When approaching the traffic stop/accident you can hear me decelerate a lot and you can judge based off of the lines on the road that I had to have been going half the speed limit past them.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #64
volcom440
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I wouldn't bring that second video to court if your trying to fight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #65
sk33m101
BOTM Winner 11/13

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
+1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

check out my 08 build..its
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=164887
sk33m101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #66
7thgenmt
Knee Dragger

Take the ticket,if you show ur lil video to the judge your going to get the book thrown at you.
7thgenmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #67
Dizzymagoo
AMA Supersport Racer

That second video was more or less produced as a joke. I wouldn't have any edited film to show to the DA. And I will obviously present myself in a better and less sarcastic manner(Unlike I do on here).

The biggest reason i'm looking to fight this ticket is because if it goes onto my record it will screw up my military career.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #68
SLCrideRR
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow the members here must all ride like a bunch of grandmas if they're hating you for riding like that. If you own a 600rr and this kind of riding is this appalling maybe a ninja 250 is more fitting haha.

But with that said I wouldn't have accelerated like that after passing a cop. You don't deserve a ticket but if a cop hears you accelerate and thinks your speeding, your probably going to lose.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
SLCrideRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #69
scorpiao
AMA Supersport Racer

I don't think they're on his case about his riding style, but because he's complaining after getting caught. Its one thing to be given a ticket when innocent, but different if guilty but thinks not too big a deal for the reason ticket given.

In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is 'Oww, I hurt my leg. I can't run.' A lion eats me, and I'm dead.
scorpiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #70
SLCrideRR
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiao View Post
I don't think they're on his case about his riding style, but because he's complaining after getting caught. Its one thing to be given a ticket when innocent, but different if guilty but thinks not too big a deal for the reason ticket given.
I see what you mean but he's just interested in fighting it. People are hating like he is some dumb ass rider when to me it just looks like he got unlucky because he accelerated in front of a cop. If it were going to affect me by being on my record I would fight it too but I doubt you would win.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #71
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCrideRR View Post
I see what you mean but he's just interested in fighting it. People are hating like he is some dumb ass rider when to me it just looks like he got unlucky because he accelerated in front of a cop.
Unlucky? The OP turned on his camera to record the accident. He knew there where officers at the scene. Yet he rode by in 2nd gear cruising at 8-9K RPMs. Might as well wave a flag and put neon signs on your bike begging for attention. That to me is a dumb ass move.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #72
Dizzymagoo
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Unlucky? The OP turned on his camera to record the accident. He knew there where officers at the scene. Yet he rode by in 2nd gear cruising at 8-9K RPMs. Might as well wave a flag and put neon signs on your bike begging for attention. That to me is a dumb ass move.
Just to clarify, I was in 1st gear. I down shifted to use the engine to slow me down. What else was I suppose to do? Yeah I probably could have up shifted to 3rd gear but it doesn't matter. The bike is still some what loud. The problem is that most cars red line around 6k rpm. And the average vehicle drivers between 2-3k rpm. They're use to hearing low rpm vehicles and when they hear high rpm vehicles they instantly think that you're speeding. My rpm doesn't justify a reason to give me a ticket. At least I don't think there is a law saying that you can't drive above a certain RPM past the police? I believe the cop just used her judgement to say that my vehicle was at high rpm and it was louder than most vehicles on the road therefore I am committing a crime. If my exhaust is too loud, write me a state ticket for modified exhaust. Other than that, my actions were not careless.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #73
sincalirider
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,180 Times in 895 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzymagoo View Post
Just to clarify, I was in 1st gear. I down shifted to use the engine to slow me down. What else was I suppose to do? Yeah I probably could have up shifted to 3rd gear but it doesn't matter. The bike is still some what loud. The problem is that most cars red line around 6k rpm. And the average vehicle drivers between 2-3k rpm. They're use to hearing low rpm vehicles and when they hear high rpm vehicles they instantly think that you're speeding. My rpm doesn't justify a reason to give me a ticket. At least I don't think there is a law saying that you can't drive above a certain RPM past the police? I believe the cop just used her judgement to say that my vehicle was at high rpm and it was louder than most vehicles on the road therefore I am committing a crime. If my exhaust is too loud, write me a state ticket for modified exhaust. Other than that, my actions were not careless.
Down shifted to first? And on a road with a 40 MPH speed limit? At those speeds you easily could have scrubbed your speed by braking. Put it in second and cruise on by with your bike at 3-4K RPMs. There's no law against what RPM you ride your bike at but going down a 40 MPH street in first gear is going to draw a lot of attention no matter if it's a car or bike.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #74
SLCrideRR
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
You're right and I agree. But when I said he was unlucky I was referring to the ticket he got, I think the cop was unjustified. But you won't catch me passing a cop in any gear above eight grand. That's just asking for attention.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #75
raemhild
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'd use your connections with your family and take their opinion as gospel if they're part of the Sheriff's department... Not a bunch of random people on a forum.
raemhild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:20 AM   #76
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Posting to post!!!

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

weStTXgrEase_mOnKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #77
boostedlt1
Pocketbike Racer

imo it looks like he's going about 20mph past the accident then speeds up to around 50mph and slows down a little when the truck turns into his lane and he switches lanes to avoid it.

i see motorcycles driving a lot worse than that everyday. was this careless? idk... maybe exhibition of speed for the quick acceleration...

honestly i think the cop was just being kinda bitchy to radio ahead for THAT, then go all the way over there to meet up with them whiles she's in the middle of an accident..

Adam - Slocum Racing
'95 lt1. 355 - 9.4:1 - LE2 heads - LE cam - t70 @ 8psi (until i get moar fuel)
'03 CBR600RR - Two Brothers Slip-On
boostedlt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement