is dainese really THAT good? - Page 2 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves

Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves Discuss and ask questions about your gear here

Sponsored by SportbikeTrackGear

Old 09-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #31
FightingChance
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yeah, the junctions between leather and non-leather are prone to wear and are break points. If you look at MotoGP suits, they don't have much in the way of neoprene or keprotec near the wrists and neck.
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #32
hellomoto_25
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@STG View Post
I searched "hello moto" and got this.

Hit me up, I'll make sure you get a good price whatever you get.
Damn bro, that's harsh.

Can't believe you found a picture of me. Not too fond of that one.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #33
launchforwards
Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Delmar here as well, the quality is definitely up there, but I can't say for the other models. I would say their premium is worth it. As soon as you feel the piece of gear in your hands, you'll know that the money was worth it.

That being said...I have Spidi, Held, etc. Dainese is just one of the few premium moto-gear makers. All of the high-end stuff is worth the money and none is really better than the other.
launchforwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #34
1/4milecrazy
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a pair of Dianese gloves and they are the biggest pieces of SH!T that I have ever put my hands in. Granted, they are one of the lower models, but they are still garbage. I think around here everyone will say Dianese is the best, as well as RS-Taichi.

Fact of the matter is, that all the manufacturers make multiple models and usually the lower end stuff is crap, and the top of the line stuff is amazing. That's what companies do.

My A*s RC-1 and track pants have served me very well, and will be getting put on street duty and are being replaced by a Tech-1R, that I got from Jason at an AMAZING deal. I replaced the Dianese loves with Knox Handroids (also from Jason) and I will never wear another brand glove as long as Knox is still making gloves. I also have some SMX-5s, which were ok, but did not offer the protection and comfort that I wanted, but replaced them with Supertech-Rs, again thanks to Jason (he's dreamy ), and am extremely happy.

Talking gear is just like talking tires, religion or politics. Everybody has their opinions, and sometimes even facts to back it up, but it all boils down to what YOU want. If you want a jacket, BUY IT!! Anything else will not satisfy you, and no matter what you will never like it, which will usually lead to a bad review later on when someone asks you about that jacket.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #35
launchforwards
Vendor

Have you tried Held's Titan gloves? I bet you'd like them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
I have a pair of Dianese gloves and they are the biggest pieces of SH!T that I have ever put my hands in. Granted, they are one of the lower models, but they are still garbage. I think around here everyone will say Dianese is the best, as well as RS-Taichi.

Fact of the matter is, that all the manufacturers make multiple models and usually the lower end stuff is crap, and the top of the line stuff is amazing. That's what companies do.

My A*s RC-1 and track pants have served me very well, and will be getting put on street duty and are being replaced by a Tech-1R, that I got from Jason at an AMAZING deal. I replaced the Dianese loves with Knox Handroids (also from Jason) and I will never wear another brand glove as long as Knox is still making gloves. I also have some SMX-5s, which were ok, but did not offer the protection and comfort that I wanted, but replaced them with Supertech-Rs, again thanks to Jason (he's dreamy ), and am extremely happy.

Talking gear is just like talking tires, religion or politics. Everybody has their opinions, and sometimes even facts to back it up, but it all boils down to what YOU want. If you want a jacket, BUY IT!! Anything else will not satisfy you, and no matter what you will never like it, which will usually lead to a bad review later on when someone asks you about that jacket.
launchforwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #36
1/4milecrazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by launchforwards View Post
Have you tried Held's Titan gloves? I bet you'd like them!
Tried them, would I wear them? Absolutely not, Someone I know has a pair of Helds and they are falling apart after 4 months of track use, and Held is giving him the run around on a warranty claim.

I have tried on MANY different types of gloves, and ridden in a bunch, as well as talked to a LOT of racers around the paddock.

They saved my hands in my crash last Monday. I went to work on Tuesday with absolutely no pain.

I will never wear a glove that does not have the Knox SPS, ever.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #37
Jason@STG
Official Platinum Sponsor

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
My A*s RC-1 and track pants have served me very well, and will be getting put on street duty and are being replaced by a Tech-1R, that I got from Jason at an AMAZING deal. I replaced the Dianese loves with Knox Handroids (also from Jason). I also have some SMX-5s, which were ok, but did not offer the protection and comfort that I wanted, but replaced them with Supertech-Rs, again thanks to Jason (he's dreamy ), and am extremely happy.
Jason@STG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason@STG For This Useful Post:
brmoore (11-05-2012)
Old 10-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #38
melancholia
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
^ I've found Dainese to have some of the slimmest forearms - while I don't like their cuff ends much either, what makes it hard to put gauntlets over them?
Yes! Dainese forearms are so slim. I am very small framed. I gained 15 pounds from lifting and I went from a size 44 to a 46 and that is very snug especially in the forearms- the zippers are difficult to zip.
melancholia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #39
sraenn
AMA Supersport Racer

so youre saying you wear a dainese euro 46? your chest measurement is like.. 36-37 inches? dainese runs slightly large, ive thought..
sraenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #40
SuuScbr
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I has gots to chime in here,

so Dainese top of the line gear is still made in italy,

lower end made in ukraine, vietnam,

so Dainese jackets are good, zippers are crap, that being said a 2pc will not hold as well zipped, it will hold, but you have the chance the zipper will either screw up you just putting it on or it could just let go in the crash,

but any suit jacket zipper seam has the potential to do that,

A* has had seam issues meaning there are people that have had their gloves, suits, jackets blow open on impact, which is never any good,

so I really like older Dainese products, once they move production we started to see seams coming apart just from normal wear, perforations not going all the way through and the end of the perforated panels where not even punched all the way through, WHERE IS THE QUALITY CONTROL!!!!

Prob to small for you,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dainese-Alie...44ccec&vxp=mtr

id contact him just in case he still has it,
http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/ri...e-42-52-a.html

of course if its your size though,

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttp://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112

Last edited by SuuScbr; 10-05-2012 at 05:54 PM.
SuuScbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #41
Pennybottom
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebrial View Post
I have the New Delmar perforated. I paid almost $900 for it a month or so ago.

I really enjoy it, and feel like it will protect me better than most jackets out there. However being perforated makes it really cold even at 60 degrees. I am looking at other options for the winter.

I get compliments all the time though, and for $600 it is a steal. I did have to pull out the neck part as it limited my ROM when turning my head.
+1

Can't go wrong withe Dainese in terms of protection, quality or style. I've had mine for a few years and it wears in sooooo soft. I get lots of comments about it too - the Italians definitely know how to make a good looking jacket.

Only problem I've had so far is the screws on the shoulder sliders have come loose - if you go for a jacket with those just dab a drop of superglue in each. They're a pain in the @** to try and re-screw.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Pennybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #42
melancholia
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraenn View Post
so youre saying you wear a dainese euro 46? your chest measurement is like.. 36-37 inches? dainese runs slightly large, ive thought..
I might be Dainese Euro 48 in another couple weeks (it has become extremely difficult to get the forearm zippers to close. The entire jacket is getting pretty tight (I can not fit chest armor in anymore, in the size 44 I use to be able to fit the sub pro 4 and rib cage protector). Before clean bulking for 2 months I measured my chest at 33.5.
melancholia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #43
SuuScbr
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@STG View Post

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttp://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112
SuuScbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #44
trunkmonkey
Knee Dragger

I've crashed Astar GP plus gloves twice last season on track and they held up great in both crashes (same glove crashed twice). Finally had a finger seam let go, and the palm slider thing (not the Knox sps) was coming unstiched so I got another pair on close out from dreamy Jason @ STG lol. The neoprene finish on my Astar suit and jacket are also super comfy and holding well. Everyone will have their own opinions as said before. Took me many different tries with different brands, but their stuff just works for me. Also, I have not had a problem running heated gear on the CBR and its battery/charging system which is all OEM on my bike
trunkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #45
Jason@STG
Official Platinum Sponsor

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunkmonkey View Post
I got another pair on close out from dreamy Jason @ STG lol.
zip it

Quote:
Also, I have not had a problem running heated gear on the CBR and its battery/charging system which is all OEM on my bike
good to know.
Jason@STG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #46
sraenn
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
dreamy Jason
this has come up alot, the hell is goin on here? heh..

OP.. holy **** youre small. you know this. nobody makes gear your size, you know this.. euro46 bout smallest of anything youll find. to be on the safe side, you need to be a euro48 =] just sharing my experiences, im thin also.

chest size of 38" aim for that. i myself wear a euro46 dainese avro but its slightly too small.. picked it up for a song so figured ill just deal with it.
sraenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
1/4milecrazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraenn View Post
this has come up alot, the hell is goin on here? heh..
You have obviously never seen pics of him..

I cant wait to meet him in person

Old 10-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #48
EfiniGTX
Pocketbike Racer

I tried on a new Astars Jacket at cycle gear and compared back to back with a Dainese, and price point aside the fit and finish felt better to me. I was shopping for a textile and the Dainese got my choice. I have a Santa Monica jacket as well as a Laguna suit and I like both. I had a pair of Astars gloves but did not like the fit as I have short fingers and they bunched up on me at the track. I also don't like the pre 2012 color schemes and designs, they just don't appeal to me.
Recently I got some Taichi gear and I absolutely love the way their stuff fits. If you are in the market for gloves look at the GP evo gloves. OMG the Kangaroo palms are awesome! It's like banging a chick with no rubber.

09 Phoenix track slut
07 Ducati Sport Classic Biposto for sale
07 Ducati 1098s sold
EfiniGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #49
FrankieCarbone
Knee Dragger

i second the compliments on Jason, he got me a incredible deal on the jacket of my dreams.

Forgot about this post, thought i go back and put up my remarks since i went ahead and got the dainese alien (thanks to the great deal i got) and i looovvee it. The fit is incredible, especially around the upper body. The feel of the leather, well its hard to explain just how nice it is. I love this jacket so much, if i could tell the future and i knew i was going to have a minor fall where i would just get a quick scrape on my forearm or something and no big deal, i would not wear my dainese alien and take the scrape, instead of scuffing my dainese jacket!
FrankieCarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #50
Kurosaki
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would never pay 500 dollars for a jacket again but when I was a new rider, I had cash burning a hole in my pocket and I dropped 500 bucks on a Dainese leather jacket. The fit, finish, and feel are top notch. I actually sold it once year and luckily bought it back awhile later from that guy because it didn't fit him well. Was so happy to have it back.

But now I know how to shop smarter (used gear, sales, etc) and I don't need another expensive jacket anyway.

If I were to buy dainese again, I'd have to wait for a closeout sale or good condition used piece.
^^CBR600RR Trackday Videos - Updated 4-5-11^^**

2011 Trackday Counter: 2
Next Trackday: ?????

Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #51
T-Rock8404
Knee Dragger

OP, i love the alien. yeah price is pretty up there but personally i think it was worth it. Low sided wearing it and the only thing injured was my ego!!! any ways, regardless of the brand I'm glad your gearing up.
T-Rock8404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
brmoore
This message has been deleted by Moeman. Reason: Spam and/or unwanted content
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #52
BLUETORI
AMA Supersport Racer

I like Dainese but I have I have no complaints about A* not that their really is any for me personally.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
brmoore
Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #53
FightingChance
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You should have asked for specific inseam numbers then.
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FightingChance For This Useful Post:
brmoore (11-20-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #54
SJTrance
Knee Dragger

I had this Alien jacket and coveted it for some time. Then I got it used for $400 and wore it every chance I got. Then, I lost some weight and it became too loose on me. I ended up selling it for $400 and now, i'm in the market for another jacket. The only issue with the jacket was that it would not work in the winters because it flows a ton of air. This time, I'm looking for a jacket with a liner and possibly perforated. Also, I wanted a jacket that didn't look so much like a motorcycle jacket. So, I've got my eye on the Razon as well as the Newater. I have yet to see these in person or try them on. I know one is horse leather and the other is cowhide. I wonder if any of you guys have these jackets or seen them in person.
SJTrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #55
tucsondude
Knee Dragger

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=13265
I am surprised STG carries these. Ive had a crankcase on my ankle on a few occasions...
I have not owned any dainese, but what i have seen in person was definitely better fit and finish than a lot of the gear out there.

Last edited by tucsondude; 11-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.
tucsondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #56
bejbis
Knee Dragger

Ive hit pavement in Dainese, AGV, and lookwell suits. All of them performed great, the agv was the lowest end, and it held up to one getoff. The dainese and lookwell suits still have a few crashes left in them.

For my dollar, all my street gear is Dainese. Im not a big fan of their gloves tho, Held makes some great gloves. It all comes down to fit though, a* jackets dont fit me well at all.
bejbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
brmoore
Old 11-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #57
sidewayz
World Superbike Racer

dainese for me all the way or go home.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #58
Mina
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Personally, I love my Dainese gear.
I have the Bora jacket and the new Tattoo.
Both are excellent and but the Tattoo breathes much better on those hot summer days.
I went down wearing my tattoo and got a small scuff on the sleeve, no biggie.

Can't compare with other brands since all I've owned is Dainese.
But every time I try on a different brand, it just doesn't feel the same.
I think I spoiled myself.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #59
ZENCBR
Knee Dragger

I've had a entry level Dainese suit for 2 years now and am quite happy with it. If you are heavy set or have a big stomach area, then these jackets and suits will not fit appropriately. But for an average built person, you cannot go wrong with Dainese.
ZENCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #60
CBR Time
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've never owned or even tried on Dainese jackets, from what i hear they have top quality gear, buddy of mine has a suit and jacket from them. That being said ive ridden one season with my RS Taich GMX Motion Jacket and absolutely love it!
CBR Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement