TwoBro's Lever Review - with new info : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > 600rr.net Product Reviews

600rr.net Product Reviews Use this section to provide a detailed review of new products.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
schissler
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
TwoBro's Lever Review - with new info

Poop I meant TwoWheels not TwoBros haha

You guys might like this!

I posted in the other twowheels review but since then been in contact with them about the levers not fitting properly and just wanted to give an updated review on them and their service.

So as many of you may know some people were having fitment issues on their clutch and brake lever. Basically the levers felt loose and VERY sloppy while riding (07-12s). The weird thing about this was we bought the exact same ones for my chicks 2012 gixxer600 and they fit MINT! It made me want to kick her bike over.

I tried fixing the issue myself even though these only cost $35 and it didn't work. What it really came down to is they just weren't machined properly from the looks of it.

I decided to send Twowheels an email about this issue just for sh*ts and giggles to see what they would say.

They would reply the next day every time and after about 6 emails with a customer service type guy/email address someone by the name of "Matt" emails me and asked me to send him a video of the issue with the levers and that he is going to speak to his manufacturer about this problem.

I make the video of both levers, email it to him on October 23rd and never heard back....Figured oh well...no big loss and I'm not going to waste my time asking what's up.

Fast forward to today November 16.....My parents say I have some brackets in the mail. I was like dude I didn't order any brackets for anything....Turns out Twowheels sent me a new pair off pivot points (thats what im calling them) that you screw to the clip-ons.

From what I can tell just by looking at them the spacers are different and and that's all.... Didn't have much hope at this point.

Brought the levers in, put the new parts on and the middle screw that used to be loose holding the lever to the pivot point...NOT LOOSE....still skeptical anything else was different.

Installed levers on bike and VOILA...ZERO play in the levers now. They must have changed the tolerances on this part because now it fits perfect and I DO NOT have to have them adjusted all the way out. I have them on the middle setting and they're perfect now.

Anyways, for anyone else that had fitment issue this might be worth a try and I'm SUPER impressed they were able to machine a new part and have it to Canada in 3 weeks from Hong Kong!!

Last edited by schissler; 11-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.
schissler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
JSchulte
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Awesome! Would like to look into purchasing a set now just off of your review and their response on such, link?
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
JSchulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
schissler
Pocketbike Racer

http://shop.the2wheels.com/CNC-Adjus...-Set-Honda.htm
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Reading about your chika owning a gsxr was the best part!! Does she have a sister or cousin or aunt that's fly and likes to ride??

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

weStTXgrEase_mOnKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
schissler
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weStTXgrEase_mOnKay View Post
Reading about your chika owning a gsxr was the best part!! Does she have a sister or cousin or aunt that's fly and likes to ride??

shes got a slightly feminine brother that rides a cruiser, hes all yours.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schissler View Post
shes got a slightly feminine brother that rides a cruiser, hes all yours.
Alright, gigidy!!

2W1R elCapitan

Alexander the Great

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 AM   #7
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by weStTXgrEase_mOnKay View Post
Alright, gigidy!!
I used to think it was pretty irritating that you keep posting these out-of-context pointless comments that pop up all of a sudden. But you seriously made me laugh twice in the last two days. Thanks for the smiles

Now, back to topic. OP, have you tried any other aftermarket levers on any other bike to see how they compare in terms of feel and function. They are made in China as you say so I doubt they feel anything like CRG, ASV, Pazzo, PSR, Lighttech and the like, but it would be great if you have any comparo info to add to this good review.

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #8
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,250 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I'm SUPER impressed they were able to machine a new part and have it to Canada in 3 weeks from Hong Kong!!
Just think of all the people out there with ill-fitting parts that aren't so impressed. You got lucky. Not sure how you can be SUPER impressed by a company that was willing to send you crap in the first place.

This is why I buy quality parts for my bikes.
TheX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Just think of all the people out there with ill-fitting parts that aren't so impressed. You got lucky. Not sure how you can be SUPER impressed by a company that was willing to send you crap in the first place.

While this comment is a bit harsh, I have to say I agree. There's a huge thread on these levers with a large number of complaints about fading and others about bad fit. That's what happens when you buy a knock-off. They're clearly a copy of Pazzo levers.

When I buy parts, I try to buy locally for quality and to support the local economy as long as they're not ripping me off (luckily I live in Italy so there's no short supply of quality bike part manufacturers). Honestly, I'd rather just have left the OEM levers on than spend money on these, even though they weren't so comfortable. I don't think anyone should pay a ridiculous amount of money and I believe a lot of the prices we see aren't really justifiable, but supporting companies like this just ships jobs off shore and leaves consumers with worse products.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
I used to think it was pretty irritating that you keep posting these out-of-context pointless comments that pop up all of a sudden. But you seriously made me laugh twice in the last two days. Thanks for the smiles
My pleasure!!!!

2W1R elCapitan

Alexander the Great

Happy Catholic

Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
schissler
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post

As I stated I am aware they are cheap chinese junk and only cost $35 dollars.

As such, I did not expect anything to happen from this company. They didn't fit the first round and they rectified the issue pretty quick. That's MORE than I had expected a knockoff chinese company to do.

Really this was just to inform all the people that got ones that don't fit that they can get new parts for free that WILL make them fit better.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
schissler
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post

Now, back to topic. OP, have you tried any other aftermarket levers on any other bike to see how they compare in terms of feel and function. They are made in China as you say so I doubt they feel anything like CRG, ASV, Pazzo, PSR, Lighttech and the like, but it would be great if you have any comparo info to add to this good review.
Yes I have ridden a gixxer with real Pazzo levers. To be honest they feel the exact same now that I've got the new part to make them fit properly. I would put money on it that you could not tell the difference between them.

Realistically there isn't a science to making a lever and there is no moving parts, only a hinge.

Only downfall between a proper fitting twowheels and a pazzo is the lack of quality in the finish. Fitment is the same.

But, I do own my own powder coating machine so I will be stripping it anyways any coating it my own color.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #13
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Yes I have ridden a gixxer with real Pazzo levers. To be honest they feel the exact same now that I've got the new part to make them fit properly. I would put money on it that you could not tell the difference between them.

Realistically there isn't a science to making a lever and there is no moving parts, only a hinge.

Only downfall between a proper fitting twowheels and a pazzo is the lack of quality in the finish. Fitment is the same.

But, I do own my own powder coating machine so I will be stripping it anyways any coating it my own color.
It really depends on the appearance then, if functionaily is indistinguishable. I gotta get me one of those powder coating machines! What range should I expect should I choose to accept this purchase?

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement