Head Gasket? 2007 CBR 600RR : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Welcome to 600RR.net > New Members

New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
laz45
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Head Gasket? 2007 CBR 600RR

This is going to be me mumbling the whole story so please forgive me :p
Long story short, My radiator was leaking coolant, bike got hot so I turned it off at about 240F degrees while the bike was almost shutting off by itself while lighting up the FI light on the gauge. About 1 minute later i just put it on accessory to see the temperature and it was about 260F!!! Waited about 30 minutes before going home cause it was almost around the corner but getting home it wouldn't almost shift gears and at idle it would shut off.

Next day I Fixed the hole on the radiator with JB Weld, added coolant, and changed the oil and filter. Started up the bike and everything was perfect!!!! Until I rode it and got hot again...... and coolant was spouting through the coolant cap.

3rd day...... Drained the oil and it was brownish-Milky like chocolate milk and you could see water? mixed with the oil in the canister that it was dropping to.

So what do you guys think it is??? Head gasket? I have pictures of the oil if you guys need to see it as it was coming out on the 3rd day.
laz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
sk33m101
BOTM Winner 11/13

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just going to guess here but head gasket is a possibility maybe water pump or thermostat also
Edit: sorry I thought the whole chocolate milk was about your coolant not oil.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

check out my 08 build..its
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=164887
sk33m101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
X-treme1
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm afraid your fears are probably correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement