Do I have to be the 1st on the forum to try & integrate/hide a detector on CBR? - Page 3 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > 07-13 RR Modifications

07-13 RR Modifications Modifications to the '07- to 013 600RR

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #61
Dynamic
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Dynamic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver/Whistler
Posts: 1,290
Thanks: 43
Thanked 146 Times in 132 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiZeRR View Post
i hooked my passport escort redline in the airduct and have the smartpower hardwire cord right on top of the gauges with a bluetooth transmitter hooked up to the earphone outlet and receiver to my helmet connected to the helmet speakers and it works great.
That's what I was thinking of doing, do you have photos?


Sent while sitting on the crapper
__________________
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #62
DesertSoldier
Knee Dragger
 
DesertSoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 101
Thanks: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought this may help

http://www.laserjammertests.com/lase...sprolaser3.htm
__________________


-street bike
02 GSXR 1000(Red/Black/Silver)

-Corner tuckin, go fast humming bird
- Her name is PITA (Pain In The Ace)
07 CBR 600rr (Blue/Silver)
Galfer steel braided Brake Lines (Front and Back)
PSR click n' Roll shorties (brake and Clutch)
Shogun swing arm spools
Shogun no-cut frame sliders
Vortex Steel sprockets (-1,+2)
RK Gold chain
Yoshi Full RS-5 Stainless/Titanium/CarbonFiber

more to come!
DesertSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #63
JackDaWack
Knee Dragger
 
JackDaWack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 149
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mounting it in air duct? that's gonna restrict airflow. You could mount it under the headlights.

I've had a v1 since 2004 and it's paid for itself probably 10x. I plan on getting the concealed display and volume control, and putting it under my headlights. There is no way in hell it's fitting behind the 3rd eye, and would take up just about the entire airduct.
__________________

Mods
2-Bro's Slip on
SS FE kit
Proton Flush Mounts
OES sliders and spools
Amsoil Full SYN
BKmoto Projector kit
JackDaWack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #64
eLiZeRR
BOTM Winner 6/13
 
eLiZeRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 131
Images: 1
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
That's what I was thinking of doing, do you have photos?


Sent while sitting on the crapper

na but ill take some and post em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDaWack View Post
Mounting it in air duct? that's gonna restrict airflow. You could mount it under the headlights.

I've had a v1 since 2004 and it's paid for itself probably 10x. I plan on getting the concealed display and volume control, and putting it under my headlights. There is no way in hell it's fitting behind the 3rd eye, and would take up just about the entire airduct.
yea thats actually the only thing i was worried about was the airflow and i couldnt do under the headlights cuz i bottom out sometimes when i put wheelies down too hard,but if u stick ur hand in there, it goes up and thats where i put the radar on,and i raced my friend on top end and it didnt affect the performance from when before i had it, i have the concealed display and volume/mute/power control on top of gauge. the passport redline is smaller than the 9500ix or valentine and it reaches farther, so it fit pretty well. i was gonna go with a v1 but it doesnt have false alert or stores false alerts

Last edited by eLiZeRR; 10-27-2012 at 03:01 AM.
eLiZeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #65
eLiZeRR
BOTM Winner 6/13
 
eLiZeRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 131
Images: 1
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
on the first pic is the smartpowercord wrapped in plastic and velcro, it has the green led light that stays on letting you know that its on and a red led light that blinks when it goes off at a different speed rate depending on k,ka or laser and the transmitter on the left side velcroed with the wire connected to the audio jack

and i took the 2nd picture straight ahead to how the wind would hit the air duct and you can even see the air filter

i took the 3rd pic aiming at the radar, i wrapped it in tissue paper for condensation and put it in a ziploc bag so itll be waterproof cause i get caught in the rain sometimes and drilled 2 holes on the plastic piece on top of it n used a 1 bigziptie.

the only problem is the radar doesnt reach as far as it should since its hidden behind the plastic pieces compared to when i had it in my car. but it still works really good. definitely saved me from alot of tickets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0417.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	30520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0415.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	30521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	30522  
eLiZeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eLiZeRR For This Useful Post:
CProgrammer (11-07-2012), Dynamic (10-27-2012), MikeyP (12-08-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #66
10YR
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought the iRadar200 for $100 which integrates with the iPhone. Its $50 bucks+tax off. Here is the link if anyone is innerested. The sale is until the 8th so act fast.


http://www.staples.com/iradar200/directory_iradar200

Its pretty long but sleek. I need to figure out a location :(
10YR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #67
stigrider
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 157
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiZeRR View Post
on the first pic is the smartpowercord wrapped in plastic and velcro, it has the green led light that stays on letting you know that its on and a red led light that blinks when it goes off at a different speed rate depending on k,ka or laser and the transmitter on the left side velcroed with the wire connected to the audio jack

and i took the 2nd picture straight ahead to how the wind would hit the air duct and you can even see the air filter

i took the 3rd pic aiming at the radar, i wrapped it in tissue paper for condensation and put it in a ziploc bag so itll be waterproof cause i get caught in the rain sometimes and drilled 2 holes on the plastic piece on top of it n used a 1 bigziptie.

the only problem is the radar doesnt reach as far as it should since its hidden behind the plastic pieces compared to when i had it in my car. but it still works really good. definitely saved me from alot of tickets
Awesome bro. I completely for got I started thread. I was riding to Knoxville from Charleston back in July and wanted to get a radar detector for that trip but never did and after my bike got stolen I forgot about it. I like your set up have you seen the post I think on the R1 page where the guy intergrated his into his gauges that a pretty cool set up also but yours is reversible which is nice.
__________________

08 CBR600RR:
Two Bro CF Slip
Arrow Headers
8000K Headlights
EBC Double H-Sintered (front and rear) eh
Lamin-x Dark Tint for Headlights
Kriega US-30
Powder Coated Rear and pegs


FS: PM if for info & Pics
Bazzaz FI TC w/Custom Map $430
Bank angle Sensor $20
stigrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #68
aogokrazy
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 105
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that would be sweet to actually integrate it!... but if you a are looking for an alternative a buddy of mine actual puts the detector on his shoulder and has a velcro for his display right by the spedo. works well and is simple.
aogokrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #69
BLUETORI
AMA Supersport Racer
 
BLUETORI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: not close enough
Posts: 1,490
Thanks: 45
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
I think you should put it in or integrate the radar into the third eye!!!!!
Put alert in the cluster, maybe use the HISS spot that isn't used in the U.S speedo. Or cut another spot and put a big red led in it.
Sounds like your cup of tea my friend?
__________________
PM me if you have a red clip for an Arai side pod.
BLUETORI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #70
eLiZeRR
BOTM Winner 6/13
 
eLiZeRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 131
Images: 1
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigrider View Post
Awesome bro. I completely for got I started thread. I was riding to Knoxville from Charleston back in July and wanted to get a radar detector for that trip but never did and after my bike got stolen I forgot about it. I like your set up have you seen the post I think on the R1 page where the guy intergrated his into his gauges that a pretty cool set up also but yours is reversible which is nice.
Na i haven't seen it but that sounds nice, thanks cause i really wanted to be able to put everything back to stock when i sell the bike which i dont plan to any year soon, Im pretty satisfied with my set up, but i wouldnt mind havin it integrated to gauges though
eLiZeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.



Powered by: vBulletin | vBadvanced CMPS & Gallery
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum