Haha, I've got some similar ideas to some things that have been posted but also some completely different ones...
I have a bit of a "list" of things that are important to me before I even consider "marriage":
- date for a decent chunk of time (knowing someone for a few months is NOT enough to consider getting married). Also, if my dog doesn't like you, you're out!
- travel together (if you can't navigate through somewhere unfamiliar to both of you, how can you work out some of the struggles that will come up in your relationship? Not to mention I'm a huge traveler, so dating a home-body won't work for me)
- live together (this doesn't have to mean you're going to get married, but I'd rather live with someone to fully understand all of their quirks before committing the rest of my life to it. Sometimes there are things that just won't mesh over the long-term, and that's ok)
- get engaged to show a long-term commitment. Frankly, I don't really want a "wedding". Being engaged is good enough for me - I don't want the fanfare or white dress, and dear god - NO big rings (they get stuck on things and get bashed up easily! and they're gaudy...).
- having a family is more of a commitment to me than a marriage is... and there will be no man in hell that can take my bike away! :P
Awww, God bless you
I wonder how long you're going to be "normal" for...eventually you'll turn and demand a ring of certain size.
Internet - where every chick is...normal
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fly_Killer For This Useful Post: