Getting married !! - Page 3 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #61
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysse View Post
Haha, I've got some similar ideas to some things that have been posted but also some completely different ones...

I have a bit of a "list" of things that are important to me before I even consider "marriage":
- date for a decent chunk of time (knowing someone for a few months is NOT enough to consider getting married). Also, if my dog doesn't like you, you're out!
- travel together (if you can't navigate through somewhere unfamiliar to both of you, how can you work out some of the struggles that will come up in your relationship? Not to mention I'm a huge traveler, so dating a home-body won't work for me)
- live together (this doesn't have to mean you're going to get married, but I'd rather live with someone to fully understand all of their quirks before committing the rest of my life to it. Sometimes there are things that just won't mesh over the long-term, and that's ok)
- get engaged to show a long-term commitment. Frankly, I don't really want a "wedding". Being engaged is good enough for me - I don't want the fanfare or white dress, and dear god - NO big rings (they get stuck on things and get bashed up easily! and they're gaudy...).
- having a family is more of a commitment to me than a marriage is... and there will be no man in hell that can take my bike away! :P

Awww, God bless you

I wonder how long you're going to be "normal" for...eventually you'll turn and demand a ring of certain size.

Internet - where every chick is...normal
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fly_Killer For This Useful Post:
Alysse (12-08-2012), Neptune (12-08-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #62
Fly_Killer
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In all seriousness dude, merry her if you feel happy with her and you feel like she completes you.

Don't merry her if she's going to suck the life out of you or just because it's a right thing to do and society says so.

Best of luck!
Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
Fly_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #63
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
She said she ain't that ready yet, and wants to finish school first, I'm thinking maybe ill save up and plan and wait till maybe 2014-15'

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #64
redrr308
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Killer View Post
You have to pay her mother $7k + everything else???

Her mother better have some boobies on her...
That is what the 7k is for, duh... Seriously tho, going thru the same stuff here. Pretty sure I'm in this one for the long haul, she skipped her dads wedding to be with me at the track in October.
redrr308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement