Where can I find cool Rear View mirrors! Please help! : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > 07-13 RR Modifications

07-13 RR Modifications Modifications to the '07- to 013 600RR

Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
SniperFalkon
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Where can I find cool Rear View mirrors! Please help!

I been looking everywhere and I cant find any decent looking rear view mirrors. I tried every website and all of them are either mirrors for the handle bars or ugly looking mirrors!

Has anyone replaced their OEM mirrors with something cooler? I know at least 1 of you have. I cant stand the OEM ones, they fugly!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

P.S. Im looking for the rear view mirrors that get mounted on the front of the bike near the windscreen.
SniperFalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SniperFalkon For This Useful Post:
CBRFanatic818 (02-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Rizoma - pricey, but beautiful stuff:

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/mirr...otype-sport/en

Barracuda - I have these:

There are tonnes of other options, too.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
SniperFalkon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaku View Post
Rizoma - pricey, but beautiful stuff:

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/mirr...otype-sport/en

Barracuda - I have these:

There are tonnes of other options, too.
holy fuk balls those are nice. I dont want any LED ones tho, just simple black ones. Ill look into the sport prototype ones on rizoma, those look freaken sweet. thanks man

Last edited by SniperFalkon; 12-08-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Moeman
**Miss O'Seven BOTY 2011**----- Triumph for Tarek

Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,926 Posts
Feedback Score: 144 reviews
www.pjsparts.com PJ & Page are the masters of Rizoma ask me I know great customer service , fast delivery , best pricing as well , lots of experience as they both ride 2

Honrary Chairman

In memory of SpdyG_AK , Close Assault & Phatstud
Moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moeman For This Useful Post:
SniperFalkon (12-09-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Moeman

Check out the Rizoma sport prototype on Miss18RR

Same mirrors on Miss O'Seven

Honrary Chairman

Last edited by Moeman; 12-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Hey Falkon, now that Moeman posts here, that reminds me there's also LighTech. I had a pair of these on my bike when I first got it, but switched them for the Barracudas because I couldn't see very well with them and wanted indicators in there for better visibility from cars.

This is Moeman's thread:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=119209

LighTech site, but you'll need to buy elsewhere:

http://www.lightech.it/

Some pics of mine when I had them mounted. I'd offer to trade you these for your OEMs because I want a pair, but I live in Italy. If you're interested, we could check out the costs of shipping - I didn't like them, but you can ask Moeman what he thought. It's usually a rip-off from this end and not worth it, but we can think about it if you like. I can send you more detailed shots to show them clearly - EDIT: now that I think about it, it'll cost me a fortune to ship them, but I can check if you're interested.

Barracuda also does the same mirrors without the lights:

http://www.barracudamoto.it/ just click on EN for English

Last edited by Maaku; 12-08-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Maaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maaku For This Useful Post:
Moeman (12-08-2012), SniperFalkon (12-09-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
Moeman

I had the CF lightech but the viewing surface was not large enough the Rizoma design offer the largest viewing surface than any other mirror out there without any vibration orLoss of focus issues when you ride at higher speeds

Honrary Chairman

Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
X-treme1
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Hey Falkon, now that Moeman posts here, that reminds me there's also LighTech. I had a pair of these on my bike when I first got it, but switched them for the Barracudas because I couldn't see very well with them and wanted indicators in there for better visibility from cars.

This is Moeman's thread:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=119209

LighTech site, but you'll need to buy elsewhere:

http://www.lightech.it/

Some pics of mine when I had them mounted. I'd offer to trade you these for your OEMs because I want a pair, but I live in Italy. If you're interested, we could check out the costs of shipping - I didn't like them, but you can ask Moeman what he thought. It's usually a rip-off from this end and not worth it, but we can think about it if you like. I can send you more detailed shots to show them clearly - EDIT: now that I think about it, it'll cost me a fortune to ship them, but I can check if you're interested.

Barracuda also does the same mirrors without the lights:

http://www.barracudamoto.it/ just click on EN for English
If Falcon doesn't want to swap, I may be interested. Send me a PM if you guys don't make a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
ash2020
AMA Supersport Racer

i know someone who has the barracuda,s,they are nice as far as mirrors go
sniperfalkon what about a rearview camera set up and get rid of the mirrors or do you not fancy that option
ash2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
ash2020
AMA Supersport Racer

or what abot this option
http://www.600rr.net/vb/attachment.p...1&d=1354556140
i may also be interested in a deal if you dont strike one with xtreme or falkon
The Following User Says Thank You to ash2020 For This Useful Post:
SniperFalkon (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #11
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Hey X-treme, Ash,

Let's see what happens with Falkon first as you said. In any case...

To be honest, I stopped sending my parents (in North America) Christmas gifts through the post office and told them to stop sending stuff to me due to the crazy costs and terrible service here (I have to pay a ridiculous tax if anything arrives with a value written on it). We just buy online and get stuff sent direct now. I'll check out the costs and if it can be done for what I consider not too much, I'll send them to either Falkon, you or someone else. The problem is that at some point, the shipping can become more expensive than just buying something new and obviously that's just a waste. I'll visit the post office and see what they say.

Just a couple of details/conditions on this:

1. It all depends on the cost of post.
2. Post will be slow, I guess.
3. This is an extremely low priority for me right now and the post here in Italy is very slow so be prepared for a wait.
4. If you'd like to throw in a set of front, OEM indicators, I'd smile because I need a pair. The LighTech mirrors cost a bit more than the OEM. I'm only half serious about this, but go ahead and toss them in if you like! :-)

I didn't like them, but I'm sure somebody else might. They gave me a great view of my elbow, but if you don't mind moving your neck around, these mirrors look very good. They're in good shape, but not perfect. Here are a few phone pics so you can see them better. They're not perfect, but pretty close to it and you could buff them up a bit to smooth out a couple of rough spots (less than 0.5cm) that must have been hit by debris from the road. I can't even make it visible with my cell camera (8MP).

Last edited by Maaku; 12-09-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
SniperFalkon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Check out the Rizoma sport prototype on Miss18RR

Same mirrors on Miss O'Seven
amazing pics MOEMAN! thank you very much. I had no idea they look that small :(

Doesnt that extend a bit too far from your bike? and how is the view on those? can you see traffic clearly? I love the protoype sport look by rizoma but im afraid that the mirror might be too small or extend too far out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2020 View Post
i know someone who has the barracuda,s,they are nice as far as mirrors go
sniperfalkon what about a rearview camera set up and get rid of the mirrors or do you not fancy that option
I dont like that rearview camera setup at all. I want a rear view mirror setup, it looks cooler :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaku View Post
Hey X-treme, Ash,

Let's see what happens with Falkon first as you said. In any case...

To be honest, I stopped sending my parents (in North America) Christmas gifts through the post office and told them to stop sending stuff to me due to the crazy costs and terrible service here (I have to pay a ridiculous tax if anything arrives with a value written on it). We just buy online and get stuff sent direct now. I'll check out the costs and if it can be done for what I consider not too much, I'll send them to either Falkon, you or someone else. The problem is that at some point, the shipping can become more expensive than just buying something new and obviously that's just a waste. I'll visit the post office and see what they say.

Just a couple of details/conditions on this:

1. It all depends on the cost of post.
2. Post will be slow, I guess.
3. This is an extremely low priority for me right now and the post here in Italy is very slow so be prepared for a wait.
4. If you'd like to throw in a set of front, OEM indicators, I'd smile because I need a pair. The LighTech mirrors cost a bit more than the OEM. I'm only half serious about this, but go ahead and toss them in if you like! :-)
those look pretty nice too, but i dont like how thick the arm is. I like something thin connecting to the mirror like the rizomas in moemans pick...those got me drooling lol
Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #13
Moeman

The Rizoma offer tons of viewing surface off the mirror , you do not have to move your elbows or turn your head in order to double check who is behind you or if the lane is clear or not .

The design of their arms and the angle used to attach them to their bases is what gives you that capability the arms do not really extend out too much even though they might seem that way the mirror itself can be adjusted both vertically & horizontally too .

I forgot to mention the glass itself has a hint of blue so with bright sun shining right at the mirrors that blue hint directs the bright sun light away from the surface They are expensive sure the bases are sold separate but worth every dime spent

Honrary Chairman

Last edited by Moeman; 12-09-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #14
Moeman

If you look at the third picture from the bottom & magine if you draw a straight line from the pointed spot in the mirror straight down all the surface area to the left of that line would be the viewing surface available for use at the left side mirror & the same goes for the right side except that area is to the right of that imaginary line ask questions if you do not understand my post

Honrary Chairman

Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #15
SniperFalkon
Banned

Quote:
If you look at the third picture from the bottom & magine if you draw a straight line from the pointed spot in the mirror straight down all the surface area to the left of that line would be the viewing surface available for use at the left side mirror & the same goes for the right side except that area is to the right of that imaginary line ask questions if you do not understand my post
oh very nice, I get what you are saying..it makes complete sense for it to extend out a little so you dont see your elbows, thats actually a huge plus!

Price doesnt concern me at all, i always pay extra for quality items. You are saying that the base is sold seperately? How did you order the mirrors and base since the distributors only have email addresses? Do you just send them an email saying you want that particular brand and they send you an invoice?

Thanks again Moe!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperFalkon View Post
those look pretty nice too, but i dont like how thick the arm is. I like something thin connecting to the mirror like the rizomas in moemans pick...those got me drooling lol
Yeah, I agree with you, but it's subjective. If I were getting mirrors and not worried about price, I'd go with the Rizomas for sure.

Quote:
Price doesnt concern me at all, i always pay extra for quality items.
Now that you mention it, they make some other awesome parts that might interest you.

Here's a link to their catalog for your year RR. The rearsets, levers, mirrors and grips are almost works of art.

http://www.rizoma.com/super-sport/ho...-rr-2009-12/en

I have the grips (sport line), levers (RRC) and a pair of Zero-11s waiting to go on the rear. Very satisified with these parts. I really wanted a pair of mirrors with indicators so I couldn't buy theirs, but Barracuda stuff if great, too.

Extreme, Ash - after I check things out at the post office, I'll let you know where I can ship them to. If you could PM me a pic or post one here (if Falkon doesn't mind sharing this thread), that'd be great. Obviously I hope to get a functional pair (as a back-up). I'd start a new thread, but I doubt this will go past you guys if you're interested.

Last edited by Maaku; 12-09-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #17
ash2020
AMA Supersport Racer

what about a rearview helmet falkon if your not a fan of the oem mirrors
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
Moeman

Quote:
oh very nice, I get what you are saying..it makes complete sense for it to extend out a little so you dont see your elbows, thats actually a huge plus!

Price doesnt concern me at all, i always pay extra for quality items. You are saying that the base is sold seperately? How did you order the mirrors and base since the distributors only have email addresses? Do you just send them an email saying you want that particular brand and they send you an invoice?

Thanks again Moe!
www.pjsparts.com the telephone number is 859-748--9335 call them either PJ or Page his wife will answer the phone tell them what you are looking for they will invoice you thru pay pal when the parts are ready to ship once you pay the invoice the parts are shipped and you get an email with shipping information including tracking info it's that simple and to help you out to get the right stuff
They always treat might right and made sure I am happy with the order do your self a favor and stick with them trust me & BTW I am not in any way shape or forum affiliated with them I just respect them and like what they do and how they do it top notch service from start to end

Mirror link is
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=506
Adapters link is
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...products_id=43

Part # BS778B I know it's states its for the 09 RR but will work for your. 012 OEM miRrors from 03 has been the same

Honrary Chairman

Last edited by Moeman; 12-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #19
SniperFalkon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2020 View Post
what about a rearview helmet falkon if your not a fan of the oem mirrors
whats a rearview helmet?

Quote:
www.pjsparts.com the telephone number is 859-748--9335 call them either PJ or Page his wife will answer the phone tell them what you are looking for they will invoice you thru pay pal when the parts are ready to ship once you pay the invoice the parts are shipped and you get an email with shipping information including tracking info it's that simple and to help you out to get the right stuff
They always treat might right and made sure I am happy with the order do your self a favor and stick with them trust me & BTW I am not in any way shape or forum affiliated with them I just respect them and like what they do and how they do it top notch service from start to end
thanks moe! Ill give them a call monday. The mirror link doesnt work for me though, but ill just call them. Ill probably post a pic of how my bike looks after i get them installed too :)

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with you, but it's subjective. If I were getting mirrors and not worried about price, I'd go with the Rizomas for sure.

Extreme, Ash - after I check things out at the post office, I'll let you know where I can ship them to. If you could PM me a pic or post one here (if Falkon doesn't mind sharing this thread), that'd be great. Obviously I hope to get a functional pair (as a back-up). I'd start a new thread, but I doubt this will go past you guys if you're interested.
I dont mind sharing this thread lol its cool. They have really nice stuff wow, those grips look sexxxxxxxxxxy. I guess ill be shopping from them for a few things.

Most likely pick up the levers grips next then worry about rears later. thanks for the link maaku!

Last edited by SniperFalkon; 12-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
Moeman

Link for the mirrors corrected

Honrary Chairman

Old 12-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I dont mind sharing this thread lol its cool. They have really nice stuff wow, those grips look sexxxxxxxxxxy. I guess ill be shopping from them for a few things.

Most likely pick up the levers grips next then worry about rears later. thanks for the link maaku!
Thanks, man. I didn't think there was much point in making a new one as these mirrors will probably disappear soon. If not, I'll make one.

The RRC levers are very nice - they're not long like OEMs, but not shorties. The "Feel" levers are folding, which is nice, but cost a lot more. I was at the local shop here asking about the Rizoma bar ends, but the salesman convinced me not to buy them OR the Proguard system because the former are lighter and less effective than OEM in his opinion and the guards are super light, too. He then told me to hold off on a new pair of boots until January. This was all after they gave me a discount on the levers months ago. I wish every shop worked like this one.

Rizoma, Barracuda and LighTech are all Italian. I try to buy locally as a rule, but the fact is that I know them because I'm here and this is what I see around me. I'm sure you have a lot of other options in the USA. I wanted ASVs for example, but they were more expensive than Rizoma levers after tax and shipping and the Rizomas look more elegant (imo). Have fund with whatever you end up getting.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
ash2020
AMA Supersport Racer

one of these falkon
http://www.justhelmets.co.uk/index.p...art&Itemid=174
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VYFla...la-d1lKA&gl=GB
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
SniperFalkon
Banned

Quote:
Link for the mirrors corrected
i emailed them and they said that the prototype sport ones are discontinued which is a huge bummer :((

I hate the mirrors that attach to the handle bars, thats not my cup of tea. Damn it this sucks, i hope to find one on Ebay hopefully or someone from these forums.

Last edited by SniperFalkon; 12-09-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #24
Moeman

They have so many other styles check these out
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/inde...c7690b688159de

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=489

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2666

Honrary Chairman

Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #25
Moeman

I was thinking of selling mine a while back and my choice as replacement were these but I decided to keep what I had as they did fit Miss18RR
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=640

Honrary Chairman

Old 12-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #26
SniperFalkon
Banned

Quote:
I was thinking of selling mine a while back and my choice as replacement were these but I decided to keep what I had as they did fit Miss18RR
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=640
hmm the limit sports arnt too shabby, its not too round either. That looks very nice.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #27
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

OK, so I can ship those mirrors to the US or the UK, there's just a small difference in the price.

I will: Get some bubble wrap, put them in a box with paper to make sure they don't bounce around and go to the post office to send these to a business or home address - I will pay for this. You can be PM your details to me.

You will: Send me a pair of OEM mirrors in good shape packaged in a similar way with a friendly greeting card and perhaps even some chocolate. OK, don't worry about those last 2 parts, but pics would be nice here. You'll pay for that part of the shipping and indicate that these have no commercial value for customs - not only because the don't, but because they'll force me to pay a ridiculous tax if you write a value. If you have to write something, keep it as low as possible (like $10 or something). I'll send you an address by PM.

They tell me 7-10 days for delivery of a normal package, but it could be delayed due to the holidays.

Extreme, you got here a couple of minutes before Ash so you've got dibs on them since the price is more or less the same.

By the way, the dimensions of the mirrors are:

Length (mirror, including skinny part, not including base): 18cm (7.1")
Width at widest point on mirror: 5.5cm (2.2")
Width at narrowest point on mirror: 2cm (0.8")
Depth: 4cm (1.6")

EDIT: Feel free to throw in a pair of OEM front signals if you've got a pair lying around collecting dust instead of chocolate. I'm half serious about this, I'd like to have a pair.

Last edited by Maaku; 12-10-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #28
SniperFalkon
Banned

Wow those are really nice too. I think the main reason im getting these mirrors installed is because of how sexy it makes the bike look, not so much as safety.

If i was really concerned about having trouble looking back, then that would be a great choice. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement