THEDONS757's turning to the dark side : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > RR / Other Brands Bike Build

RR / Other Brands Bike Build This forum will be dedicated to RR build threads you are also entitled to post threads for other bike brands here are .net we love them all

Old 12-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
Thedon757
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
THEDONS757's turning to the dark side

well ive been hovering and researching for a few months now. finally got my bike close to the way i like it and prepped for next season. little bit of background...been a die hard yami guy for some time now. even though my wife is a honda rider to the core of her. ive raced my r6s for 2 years and got a killer deal on a wrecked 06 600rr and decided it was time to build a new bike. my old r6 ran great for me but there are some things i just couldnt get around. the fact no one wants to make parts for a 9 year old bike anymore, harder to find spares, and just pure technology. this was yamis first year at fuel injection, hell the thing didnt even have inverted forks yet!!! but it got me around miller the last few years with some impressive finishes and a handful of podiums.

but enough about yamaha cause i know you guys are all so glad to read about them. its a 06 600rr. was in a minor lowside and plastics were trashed. the guy got rid of it because his no cut frame slider made a gouge on the frame so he thought the bike was trashed so i got it very cheap

all work is done by me including paint. I have support from possibly the best shop and most knowledgable people ive ever met over at Trackstar. if you need anything talk to kelly rees. ill be racing amatuer with ccs next year and i hope to see a few guys from the forum out there.

pics

the wifes 1000rr, (yes my wife rides a litre bike and i ride a 600, let the flame begin)

and my old r6

list of mods so far

pazzos
woodcraft clip ons
woodcraft frame silders
woodcraft sharkfin
woodcraft case covers
vortex rearsets
gilles chain adjusters/lifters
leo vince sbk full titanium exhaust
v stack mod
bmc filter
venhill front rear brake lines
vesrah pads
ohlins ttx rear
ohlins valves and springs in the front (no more cardtridges for sale :( )
gpr stabilizer
kelss ignition
sharkskinz
sbk rear brake master mod
stomp grip
vortex gas cap
ballistik battery

on the way
bazzaz fi/qs/ti
stm slipper
galfer wave rotors

id like to thank trackstar, woodcraft, sharkskinz, apex track services, ogio, and no fear energy for your 2013 support!!!!
Thedon757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
Thedon757
Pocketbike Racer

some track day photos from her first time out. didnt want to paint her yet, new paint attracts pavement and i didnt want to wad her up breaking her in.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The bike looks sick! Kudos on the riding form also. Good luck with the upcoming racing season and keep the pics comin'. Finally, as part of the dot net tradition....pics of the wife or she doesn't exist :

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.

Last edited by Rad Rage; 12-10-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Rad Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Thedon757
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
The bike looks sick! Kudos on the riding form also. Good luck with the upcoming racing season and keep the pics comin'. Finally, as part of the dot net tradition....pics of the wife or she doesn't exist :
ahhhh, i think thats a internet forum tradition not just a dot net tradition lol, me at the wifey on the hot pits at miller, and her helping me in between races filling up my bike.

and her riding her cbr with her dog on the tank.

and thank you for the compliments man. i was all over the place going from the r6 to this bike. never thought all the little tiny differences would come together to make a totally different riding style. but i love it. is anyone on the forum racing ccs florida this year?
The Following User Says Thank You to Thedon757 For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (12-11-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
slowboyracing
Super Vendor

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Do you race in a any series, or just a track day rider?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Thedon757
Pocketbike Racer

i raced with masters of the mountain up in utah at miler motorsports park. done a ittle bit with wera and finally get to do a full season with ccs next year
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
Thedon757
Pocketbike Racer

some jennings practice dialing the bike it. shes quick, just needs some fine tuning and the same with my lines. i tend to run a hair wide with this bike but nothing i cant get used to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement