FatalCycles- The true side comes out : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Vendor Experiences

Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Angry FatalCycles- The true side comes out

So few months ago I got some fairings from Fatal Cycles. Org review was http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=286211. So at the beginning I was overall pleased, but when it came down to getting parts replaced things changed. The overall kit was ok, but there were some issues that were to be fixed. The front cowl was painted black but the backside was left the stock white plastic color, but it had overspray allllll over it. The side fairing had chips in the paint. And the tank cover had issues with the paint fade not matching on both sides. I told him the deal, he apologized, and said he would fix it. Emailed him 3 weeks later (since thats how long first kit took) to check on delievery and he said he never ordered them. Why? B/c even though I emailed him the parts and he said "ok, gotcha" b/c I didn't circle the parts on the picture he never ordered. But he never even emailed me to tell me "hey circle the pic so I can get this going". I then had to wait another month + for them to come in. He used to email be back promptly but not it takes weeks for responses and normally takes multiple emails. Well finally I got my replacements in today, but it only had the side fairing. I emailed him back to ask about the front cowl and tank cover and this was his response

"
The replacement stands as correct. We replaced the side fairing as it was damaged. Upon further review, the front fairing and the tank had no damage therefore do not warrant replacement. The front fairing is never painted on the backside. The kit itself is custom and no two are alike, that is why your tank is painted the way it is. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Fatal Cycles"

So basically damage equals chips, but not overspray from a bad painter? And b/c its "custom" that means that the painter can screw up the tank cover where both sides dont match. I was even nice enough to fix the bottom fairings myself b/c they don't latch together by the front tire.

So to sum it up...when you first buy from Denver you will receive good service but after he has your money and its time for him to back up his "great customer service" and "quality" and "easiness of getting replacement fairings" he drops the ball. I've been extremely patient with this guy, ignored all the bad reviews about him under "D9 Industries" (now I know why he changed his business name), sent him customers, and now this is what I deal with. I'm waiting to see if he decides to follow through with his promise, if not well...thank godness for saved emails, small claims court, and an awesome bank that will take care of it for me. So to the .net community, unless you think your luck is good enough to get a perfect kit the first time then I'd go elsewhere. I've seen better reviews from the other guys on here and they are cheaper.
lownslo600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Went home for lunch to grab a part for my car. Figured Id check out the one fairing he did decide to replace. The blue is so far off I can't even use it, couple bubbles in the paint, and a few other bits that are not looking right. Quality ha.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Mickking
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOL That sucks so bad man, that kit looked badass...if it was done right. I was gonna order from them next year but nevermind! Back to the drawing board.
Mickking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeap, tried to give a new guy a chance and this is what happens. He would of gotten alot more of my money, but after some of the stuff I read about when they were D9 industries I figured I'd wait and see how he handled these repairs...glad I did. Especially after he sold me a "complete fairing bolt kit" for $40 that came with the windscreen bolts and 8 fairing bolts, nothing else...not even the rubber nuts you need for the fairing bolts. Next time around, I'm just going to repaint my stock fairings. Tired of trying to support small business's and end up getting screwed worse than a big corporation. Only thing he did was make it less likely I'll trust new vendors/dealers on here.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
MTSHEDHEDZ
Knee Dragger

And a bunch of you guys were defending these jokers when I gave em sh it about their low budget junk....
MTSHEDHEDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
X-treme1
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
They sell the same Chinese crap you see on eBay. They just use a middleman here in the states. I got a solo seat and the rubber part was damaged. Three weeks later I got a replacement, and it still doesn't look quite right. The rubber just has an uneven looking finish; kinda hard to explain.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
Baltimoron
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSHEDHEDZ View Post
And a bunch of you guys were defending these jokers when I gave em sh it about their low budget junk....
I read through that thread earlier today. The last thing "Fatal Cycles" posted was on 7-15 saying that they would send you a sticker. Well, did they follow through?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
MTSHEDHEDZ
Knee Dragger

No they did not,more BS from a scam artist.
MTSHEDHEDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
Baltimoron
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Someone posted another bad review of them today.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
dropyerjaws
Training Wheel Hero

Yep, right here.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=290306

MTSHEDHEDZ, almost jumped on the bandwagon about defending him at first when you were on him. Glad I kept my keyboard quiet.

He does get you at first with that overwhelmingly eager, helpful want to be the best thing at first though...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Isn't that the truth. Like I said at first, things were great, but now you got to send him multiple emails to get a response. And I dont know why they have a phone when they never answer it or return calls. But I've been nice, trying to give him time to fix the issues and prove what he said about quality and service but I'm done now. His wife came back and said they would go ahead and replace the tank cover and front cowl but that was after I politely said I'll get a small claims case going if I need to. Luckily, I gotta great bank that will handle it. Basically waiting on a response now for my email requesting some type of proof that they will fix these issues before i take the legal route. Only thing I can say dropyerjaws is save your emails.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
SuuScbr
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
damn bro, sorry to hear, you were the one to try em out and were not taken care of, SUCKS!!!!

be careful out there, I still back motofans, they are the shifts!!!! ill be mounting some motrocycleusa fairings this weekend,

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttp://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112
SuuScbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
FatalCycles
Lifetime Premium

working

lownslo600 and dropyerjaws

We are fixing your kits as we speak and are in contact with you regularly. This is not an overnight fix. We don't mass produce these kits and we sure as hell don't have them in stock to be able to immediately send you new pieces out. We have apologized for the mistakes and are fixing them.

Have we told you that you have to give us more money to fix your problems?
-No, we haven't.

Have we told you that you have to send any parts back to us?
-No, we haven't.

Have we not answered every email you have sent us in a timely manner?
-Yes, within 12 hours.

We are trying to resolve these issues. With any company there will be problems. Large companies and small. The difference is we are willing and trying to fix our mistakes and problems. Stop the witch hunt on here. We know everyone is on your side now. What you forgot is that we were on your side the whole time.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Emails lately have not been answered in 12 hours. There have been a few that took a week to get a response back and that was after multiple emails. I understand this is a process, but at least send me an email back letting me know you got the message and are working on it.

As I stated on here and via email to you I have no problem working with you. And if you ask anyone, I believe they will all say that I have been extremely patient and flexible. However, I do not like feel like my good nature is being taken advantage of. Whether it is or not, that won't be determined until the issue is resolved.

This would be the first bad thing I've had to say, which came about after I got an email back from you (believe it was from the Mrs.) stating that the other parts were not going to be replaced after already having a conversation with you (Denver) where you apologized for the quality of those pieces, told me they would be replaced, and that you would be talking to your parts manager to make sure those issues didn't happen.

I finally got an email back from you guys stating that you would indeed replace those, but I still haven't got a response back after I send the pics of the mismatched color side fairing you sent me. So I still don't know exactly whats going on and if I need to do anything else like circle another picture of the fairing kit.

So no witch hunt, but I'm not going to let me previous review sway ppl to a company that I'm currently unsure whether they back their promises based on previous events.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #15
weStTXgrEase_mOnKay
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Woooooooo!!!!!!!

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

weStTXgrEase_mOnKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #16
schissler
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So what happened?
schissler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #17
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

haha, yah forgot to post. So they sent me another set, and it was worst then the first set I got. It was obviously a quick crap job. I was so busy with work that I just let it go. I will never ever deal with him again and he's lost quite a few thousands of dollars at least just from me and friends. Funny thing is now he deals with cbrforum.com. though about getting on there and letting them know how off his stuff is.

But my lowers are chipping paint already so I know the paint was super thing. Fitment is all off. Funny thing on the left and right side fairings, each set has the same exact defect so it is obviously something to do with how they are hanging their stuff when they paint. Big dried clear coat drops, paint smudges, etc. So I'm just going to wait till next year when I get some extra cash and get my OEM stuff repainted (if I dont have a new bike by then).

All in all, he's products are the same thing you are going to get off of ebay. You are just paying him to be the middle man (and a very bad one at that). They try to go back on their agreements/promises until you threaten legal action. Half ass work. But you know what they say about Karma. Its a bad time for small businesses....i'm sure his time will be up before long
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
skoobie snacks
Moto GP Racer

yeah.... was thinking about getting some fairings from fatal as well but this definately changed my mind. I have yet to hear a customer that was 100% happy.
skoobie snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
TheX
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,110 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That's too bad, it sounded like they were going to take care of it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
schissler
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry to hear it didn't work out too good!
I'd spread the word on every forum and in any way possible if I were you.

Never heard of anyone being totally satisfied by his product or service yet!
schissler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #21
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeah it was def a let down. Thing that really bugged me was them "trying" to go back on their word on fixing the originals. Guess they are used to dealing with ppl that don't hold them accountable. Oh well, I learned a lesson and eventually he'll learn his when he runs his business into the ground. Changing your name to avoid your past only works so much. And honestly this kinda puts me off in regards to dealing with small businesses. I'll deal with some that are proven (Tripage/TST/STG) but I won't try to help out any newcomers anytime soon.

So biggest lesson for me and everyoneeeee else. Stick with OEM. It is the ONLY way you are going to get a quality product with no defects. And I challenge any vendors to prove otherwise, b/c if you do then I got some money for you haha
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #22
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks.

Motofan for the win. Same crap. But customer service way better. And my order came in right pieces. Chops here and there from normal wear and tear. But at least I don't go they this junk service. That's one flaw of online sale.

OP, post pics ..

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."

Last edited by Nuttynu; 12-13-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Yola
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #23
Dynamic
AMA Supersport Racer

I got mine from Auctmarts and I'm very satisfied.

And yes post pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
lownslo600
AMA Supersport Racer

I'll see what I can do. Only camera I got is the one on my phone and it wont pick up much detail besides where the paint was chipped and what not. Plus they are in my attic right now.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #25
KrazyGraphics
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sorry to hear about that man , I hope you get it all worked out.

Custom Motorcycle Graphics www.KrazyGraphics.com

Check out my website @ https://www.KrazyGraphics.com

Like the FaceBook Page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KrazyG...36983032993883
KrazyGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement