Gun control discussion - Page 20 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 12-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #571
orientexpress11
Resident Arai Freak

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakeslayer2 View Post
Tell me about it. There is nothing that anyone will do that nys has not already had in place since 2008. And 1994 before that. Nor do I really think the answer is taking rifles away from law abiding citizens. It's not the rifle, it's the person. The dude killed his grandmother with a hammer. How does he get a gun. I hope it was illegally otherwise something needs to change.
Convicted criminals can't own firearms, so no matter what source he used to obtain it, it is illegal.

- JFK
orientexpress11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #572
pancakeslayer2
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's what I thought but I wasnt sure. But back to the topic at hand. If I was a direct neighbor, I would just grab my ar and sit in the corner away from the windows. The last thing we need is this guy going door to door with an illegally obtained gun and me a law abiding citizen with nothing that can compete with his firepower.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
pancakeslayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #573
Rikuno
Pocketbike Racer

Some of you have no idea how easy it is to get a hold of a gun on the black-market. Its extremely easy and cheep. If someone wanted an assault rifle, they would get it no problem.

Some people say we dont need an assult rifle and its not good for protection. Bullshit.
If someone breaks into my house with an AK47, im not gonna want a 9mm to defend myself, im going to want the biggest baddest rifle i can get my hands ahold of. Thats why we keep a gun in almost every room of the house secured and hidden from everyone. I dont talk about them, i dont mention them, and i only take them out to the range or farm to shoot for fun sometimes. They have not been used to shoot anyone, yet they are there if someone wants to break in or cause harm.

Still not convinced? Ask the guy who defended off three or four armed robbers wanting blood and money from his house with his assault rifle. The video is on youtube.

This woman does a pretty good job at explaining gun control.

Last edited by Rikuno; 12-25-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Rikuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #574
pancakeslayer2
Training Wheel Hero

The guy in Webster used three guns and one was a bushmaster .223 with a flash suppressor. I did not hear about any other attachments but nys banned flash suppressors if the rifle also has a pistol grip, or collapsable stock. This just goes to show that the current bans don't work. Banning all semis might do something but then again, all the guns out there already would still be available to criminals.

pancakeslayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #575
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikuno View Post
Some of you have no idea how easy it is to get a hold of a gun on the black-market. Its extremely easy and cheep. If someone wanted an assault rifle, they would get it no problem.

Some people say we dont need an assult rifle and its not good for protection. Bullshit.
If someone breaks into my house with an AK47, im not gonna want a 9mm to defend myself, im going to want the biggest baddest rifle i can get my hands ahold of. Thats why we keep a gun in almost every room of the house secured and hidden from everyone. I dont talk about them, i dont mention them, and i only take them out to the range or farm to shoot for fun sometimes. They have not been used to shoot anyone, yet they are there if someone wants to break in or cause harm.

Still not convinced? Ask the guy who defended off three or four armed robbers wanting blood and money from his house with his assault rifle. The video is on youtube.

This woman does a pretty good job at explaining gun control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6YRCS0oqE
That's been on my favorites for a while on YouTube...

Strong views and it being from a woman doesn't make it look so "evil" to most who just blow it over from a guy.. Great video

My YouTube channel.

Support your troops, Not your government.
CK_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #576
Eurodriver
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakeslayer2 View Post
The guy in Webster used three guns and one was a bushmaster .223 with a flash suppressor. I did not hear about any other attachments but nys banned flash suppressors if the rifle also has a pistol grip, or collapsable stock. This just goes to show that the current bans don't work. Banning all semis might do something but then again, all the guns out there already would still be available to criminals.

You're also forgetting that he was a convicted murderer and it was already a FEDERAL offense to possess a firearm.

I hope they ban all guns. Because weed is banned, and I can find it a few blocks from my house. If guns are banned, then guns will be more available too.
Eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #577
Rikuno
Pocketbike Racer

Old 12-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #578
nurdie
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Banning guns will never be accomplished in this country without another civil war. So unless all of you people that are for banning guns wish to fight a war (with guns ), then forget it.

You can try and regulate them all you want. The historical fact is simple: whatever you ban (mags, bullets, action types, full-auto, semi-auto, etc) is just going to inhibit the law abiding citizen (the good guy) from possessing. NOT the bad guy. Use common sense when thinking about this concept. For instance: I was rear ended by a guy tweaking his brain out on something in July. My whole family was in the car. It wasn't bad, he just rolled into me at an intersection, got out of his car, and start frantically running around screaming that the rapture was coming. I took my pistol out of my center console and put it in my conceal holster. Cops come. I inform them with my CCL. The cop disarms me. Why??? The good guys aren't out to get anybody, only out to protect themselves/family/public. The only answer I got was "This is for everybody's safety, sir" But never got any plausible answers to my legitimate questions.

Gun owners are slowly being made to look like crazy 1940's batshit crazy racist white skinheads. But it couldn't be further from the truth. Gun control has failed worse than the war on drugs has. The very definition of a criminal is somebody that breaks laws. What is gun control legislation? LAWS. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Mr/Mrs police officer: If a gun carrier wanted to have a shootout with you, he/she isn't going to f'ing tell you "i'm carrying". Teachers/employees: If a mentally disturbed person wants to come shoot up your school/place of business, they aren't going to phone ahead, and they certainly aren't going to stop at the door with the big NO GUNS sign on it ?!??!??

"Oh but why don't we take guns off the street so they can't have the gun in the first place?" Because that is impossible. Criminals still have guns in Australia, UK, China, Japan, etc, etc. Mafia, corrupt cops, and street criminals alike. But nobody every talks about Switzerland, or about how their government ISSUES "assault" rifles to its citizenry. Nobody knows about the gun violence in that country (or lack of).

And this "assault" thing. What a crock of rhetorical propaganda that is. Define: assault. Thanks, now define: rifle. Great job, now define: car, knife, shoe, metal bar, motorcycle, toothbrush, and light saber.

The biggest flaw in our current level of "gun control" in this country are gun free zones. Gun free zones are some of the most dangerous places you can go to, and unfortunately, all of our schools are that way. Makes me sad that there are still americans that are defending gun free zone laws after the plethora of innocent children they have killed in the last decade.

/rant
FLIPDAWG (01-03-2013), Need600 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #579
Hrcfan1
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Passing a feel good legislation is dangerous. It gives all those people who are ignorant about guns false hope that it will do anything. The liberal agenda is being pushed through by using tragedies like Newtown. It's sick. Now they are trying to make $ off of it. Talks of a 50% tax on ammo. Are you really that stupid? Criminals don't buy their ammo from dealers. All you are doing is punishing the law abiding gun owner. Liberals taking away your rights. Big government telling you what's good for you. Killing American jobs to boot. American gun & ammo manufacturers are going to suffer.

Feinstein eats, sleeps & breaths this issue. She is the originator of the 94 ban. She looks for any way to push her agenda. She is an ignorant idiot. "Assault weapons" describes no gun in particular. It is a made up political term. Just about anything can be an assault weapon. This term allows them to include more types of guns in the ban. Like the original ban this will do nothing to stop gun violence. The administration wants to look like they care. They want the impression that they are doing something about the issue. The issue isn't HOW these crimes are being committed its WHY. Instead of making worthless policy use your efforts to look at the WHY.

There are more important things they should be doing first. Pass a friggin budget already. It's been four years! You are breaking the law by not doing so every year. Figure out the fiscal cliff. Leave our 2nd amendment alone & just do your effing job already!!!!

Current Rides:
2013 CBR 600RR Repsol
2013 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC
1998 CBR 600 F3 Smokin Joe's

Past Rides:
2008 CBR 1000RR
2007 CBR 600RR
2006 CBR 600RR
1996 CBR 600 F3 Smokin Joe's
Hrcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hrcfan1 For This Useful Post:
Gashuffer (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #580
oh8cbr600rr
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttynu View Post
Alright guys, I finally legal, and will be buying my first gun, I've decided to get the glock 19,gen4.

Later in the road, I'll get me the xdm45. :) post pics soon
better get yourself an assault rifle before they ban them lol
oh8cbr600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oh8cbr600rr For This Useful Post:
Nuttynu (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #581
oveRRide
AMA Supersport Racer

Haha oh8, nothing in america is going to happen where you're going to have to use 1k 5.56 rounds.

GOGATORS
oveRRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #582
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oveRRide View Post
Haha oh8, nothing in america is going to happen where you're going to have to use 1k 5.56 rounds.
Weird cause I go through 5k+ ammo every year...

My YouTube channel.

The Following User Says Thank You to CK_32 For This Useful Post:
oh8cbr600rr (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #583
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Ar-15 is deff on the list to0, maybe next month

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #584
oveRRide
AMA Supersport Racer

Target shooting and whatnot sure, it sounded like he was alluding to some governmental intervention he'd have to fight.

Like I said, nothing in america is going to happen that'll cause you to do that. You can go target shooting and use all you want but that's for recreation.

GOGATORS
oveRRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #585
oh8cbr600rr
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttynu View Post
Ar-15 is deff on the list to0, maybe next month
next month might be too late lol
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #586
oh8cbr600rr
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by oveRRide View Post
no maybe not but with all this ban crap going around you better believe ammo's going to go threw the roof for assault rifles in reality IF something did go down 500 rounds would be plenty 10mags of 25 + a refill..just remeber why we have the 2nd ammendment "...A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" even hundreds of yrs ago they were smart enough to know you cant trust the government
Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #587
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

The guys feeding this gun ban scare by scare buying or scare spreading have no clue how this works...

Gun "bans" don't ban rifles that's what the one side wants with their idiotic views but what actually happens is they ban a few by name/serial # ARs like DPMS for example and then make it so you can't buy that exact model which the manufactures just change the name and its a whole new same exact rifle...

If anything its a gun restriction and if a things being scarce is high cap mags and features... Them banning an actual rifle type isn't going to happen anytime soon. So all the idiots buying guns before they are banned is stupidity which they obviously didn't learn on 2002... 2004 or 2008..

If you want an AR buy in a few months when inflation kills off and drops a little probably won't go back to how cheap it was but still cheaper than now... Gun shops are admitting marking up even up to 200% on some guns just to have something on the shelves to not look bare and lose customer base with no stock... And people are still buying even at that price to make them raise it more to again keep some stock on the shelves to not be an useless empty store lot...

So don't join the idiot party and buy now... Wait 4 months or so when everyone calms down and the idiots get off their fantasy that they buy something before mommy and daddy America say they can't anymore and not over pay to give into the scare.

Again mags more understandable that will make the ban way before the actual AR will but even then there are grey area loop holes CA and other states have been getting through for years now. So just buy your hand gun if reasonably priced then wait out for your AR its not going any where

My YouTube channel.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #588
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

@ Ck, correct . We're just going thru a phase cause of these recents shooting .i honestly think they can't ban anything in a month. You know how the gov ... They take there sweet as time..

I'll wait till the supply and demand evens out

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #589
havok289
Pocketbike Racer

CK, I'm not sure you understand the new bill that is coming into effect. The new revised form of this bill will make sure that companies can no longer just change the name or change the features of their rifles to get past the legalities. I strongly recommend that you read the new bill, there is a short version you can see on the NRAs website here:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...-ban-bill.aspx

Also, check out this video. This guy explains the main focus of the bill.

This ban is no joke this time around like the one in '94 was. Diane Feinstein has covered all her bases this time. If this bill passes, every firearm owner will be required to register their weapons as NFA items, which as it stands now already takes about 8 months to do, with all of America having to register their firearms at one time it will take years.. And even more money that America already doesn't have. All of your 'assault' weapons, which by these new standards, include all of your defensive carry weapons (ie detachable magazine) will be required to be submitted to the government upon your death. Etc etc..

This ban is no good, and while everyone keeps saying, it won't be passed, it won't be passed... That's what everyone said in '94.. And it passed

- 2004 CBR1000rr - Sold
- 2008 CBR600rr - In action

->Spiegler SS Brake Lines
->Renthal grips
->China gold levers
->Brake Res. Delete
->Leo Vince SBK Slip on
->OES frame sliders
->HotBodies flush mounts
->CBR Heaven fender eliminator
->BKmoto 35w HID 6000k

Last edited by havok289; 01-02-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Autocorrect
havok289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #590
raemhild
Premium Member

Keep an eye on Illinois, they're pushing a similar ban right now. Could be a decent representation of what's to come...

Sent from my Evo 4G..
raemhild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #591
sumone
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
holy ****..... I pray that bill does not pass....

(V) (,,,,) (V)

t(-.- t) [-]

c><----- Save the TA-TA's----------c><
sumone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #592
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Diane must have some power!! Argh dam beaotch

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #593
jskateborders
AMA Supersport Racer

Obesity kills way more people in america each year than guns
jskateborders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jskateborders For This Useful Post:
Nuttynu (01-02-2013), tary preisser (01-07-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #594
jskateborders
AMA Supersport Racer

It's really a conflict of interest that the government is voting on something that protects people from the government...
jskateborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #595
Gashuffer
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
Obesity kills way more people in america each year than guns
So do car accidents. Ban cars!

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
tary preisser (01-07-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #596
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok289 View Post
CK, I'm not sure you understand the new bill that is coming into effect. The new revised form of this bill will make sure that companies can no longer just change the name or change the features of their rifles to get past the legalities. I strongly recommend that you read the new bill, there is a short version you can see on the NRAs website here:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...-ban-bill.aspx

Also, check out this video. This guy explains the main focus of the bill.

http://youtu.be/JDglpt8hpyg

This ban is no joke this time around like the one in '94 was. Diane Feinstein has covered all her bases this time. If this bill passes, every firearm owner will be required to register their weapons as NFA items, which as it stands now already takes about 8 months to do, with all of America having to register their firearms at one time it will take years.. And even more money that America already doesn't have. All of your 'assault' weapons, which by these new standards, include all of your defensive carry weapons (ie detachable magazine) will be required to be submitted to the government upon your death. Etc etc..

This ban is no good, and while everyone keeps saying, it won't be passed, it won't be passed... That's what everyone said in '94.. And it passed

Yes I've read the bill if it does pass I agree we are fu**ed but it won't. It literally names anything that's a fire arm... Military features... Really? Explain what a military feature is... My Glock/m9 is nothing but mlitary... That is their offer which is made ridiculous like a low ball vs high ball to meet in the middle so obviously both parties are going to give it their all so they have more to compromise on.. They will pick parts and refine it I to a more realistic bill then resubmit it then pass it... That bill literally contradicts it self so bad it doesn't even allow anything but antiques/realics for hunting use only... It won't happen. Too many people rely on rifles for living not only from hunting or protection from humans but rural area animals... Like I said it won't happen it will be submitted rejected revised then passed...

Like I said why its a strong possibility mags may be long gone... Reason I said grab those now while you can which is more understandable but rifles being gone wont happen... Its way to extreme too fast... Again it COULD happen... But not right now.. But that's where this is headed reason we need to stand up e mail out congressmen president and NRA and who ever ever read this article and explain to antis this is too e freak and is just the beginning and by the time they say sorry and want them back it will be too late...

But that exact bill will not pass. Its just meeting the deadline to be reviewed so obviously they go all out to squeeze as much as they can in to compromise on..

My YouTube channel.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #597
Niner1000RR
Moto GP Racer

The argument that "guns will never be banned so stop worrying about these law proposals" is exactly what could lead to that very thing!

Chicago banned guns for 28 years! And even when they lifted the ban in 2010 (because it didn't help) they still have the most strict laws in the nation on guns, and it's still not helping!

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #598
Hrcfan1
Lifetime Premium

Illinois is ramming a bill through now banning guns. Check it out. It has already passed the first step. Hoping it won't get through the senate. Lets all hope.

& to those who think they won't ban guns you seriously underestimate the liberal agenda & it's politicians.

Current Rides:
2013 CBR 600RR Repsol

Past Rides:
2008 CBR 1000RR
2007 CBR 600RR
2006 CBR 600RR
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #599
Asabon94
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrcfan1 View Post
Illinois is ramming a bill through now banning guns. Check it out. It has already passed the first step. Hoping it won't get through the senate. Lets all hope.

& to those who think they won't ban guns you seriously underestimate the liberal agenda & it's politicians.

That's right. Lets just disregard the document this country was based up. Watch them get banned and things get worse. That's my bet

2007 Cbr 600rr
Asabon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #600
Hrcfan1
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asabon94 View Post
That's right. Lets just disregard the document this country was based up. Watch them get banned and things get worse. That's my bet

The Constitution is being erased right before our eyes. IDK why more people just don't see it.

Current Rides:
2013 CBR 600RR Repsol

Past Rides:
2008 CBR 1000RR
2007 CBR 600RR
2006 CBR 600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement