The Gun Thread - Page 78 : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Off Topic > Off Topic & Flame Thrower

Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #2311
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttynu View Post
So would which would be less inexpensive ... Building an AR-15, or buying one Of the shelf, nothing fancy , but just factory built
Right now neither... Your looking at a house payment right now...

But if you wait until all this crap blows over building will almost always come out less than complete if you just shop around a little and keep an eye out for small or large sales which is almost once every 2 months for some places.

Look for the lowers that are on sale.. normally $120+tax and fees but on sale $99 plus tax and fees and my local shop literally rotates between 6 companies and has at least 2 on sale at a time so its just waiting for the logo you please..

Uppers Brovocompany USA almost always has the best prices and carrys BCM again my favorite upper right now..

Then just shop around and look for sales on the sights stocks and partks kit.. I didn't find any of that one sale but shopping around showed me one sight was $30 to $50 more expensive for the same exact product every day price.. So if I waited and shopped around for sales I could have shaved off a few more $$ on my total purchase.. But if you wait until this is all said and blown over you can probably build one no issues for $900 to $1000 that you would spend $1200 to $1300 for ready to go from the shop. Area will vary pricing..

That being said there are companies that are cheaper for obvious reasons and more expensive for other obvious or material reasons. So buyer beware you can build an AR for $450 that will sell equivilant $550 complete but will be that cheap for obvious reasons

I think ARs in the $800 to $1300 range are about the same and the $300 to $600 ones are in the same boat and can run it don't expect much and the $1500 to $3000 ARs are about the same class mostly just little details perfection over the $1000 range ones which are still clean but not measured down to .000001" and using the hardest metal known to man for overkill pretty much..

My YouTube channel.

Support your troops, Not your government.
CK_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #2312
Nico
Administrator

Thanked 1,241 Times in 891 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRider View Post
Do you think $1050 is overpriced for a quality rifle?
Not over here... I doubt you could find a Sako for less than $1500 second hand, more like $3k if you want a new one.

04 600RR

Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #2313
Nuttynu
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
AR is deffineitly on my list, but maybe next summer. I'll do more research on them and bring one of my buddy to go check them out at the shop

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #2314
MXRider
Buzz Killington

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Not over here... I doubt you could find a Sako for less than $1500 second hand, more like $3k if you want a new one.
I recently watched a video about gun enthusiasts in Australia and I was very impressed at their commitment. They are some very talented guys running .223 bolt action rifles shooting 1000 yards. Pretty cool if you ask me.
MXRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #2315
klmmicro
Knee Dragger

This is one of my favorites.

2005 XR650L (In Need of Repair)
2007 CBR600RR (Stolen)
2012 CBR600RR (Current)
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #2316
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Holster doesn't fit those grips but that's nice...

This is my dream.

Limited SA Long beach operator... Limited run for long beach PD..

My YouTube channel.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #2317
Nico
Administrator

Thanked 1,241 Times in 891 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRider View Post
I recently watched a video about gun enthusiasts in Australia and I was very impressed at their commitment. They are some very talented guys running .223 bolt action rifles shooting 1000 yards. Pretty cool if you ask me.
There's really three types of shooter over here: you have your hunters, your trap shooters and your target shooters... 800m (875 yards) is the normal sort of distance they are shooting, most use 308 target rifles prone supported and have a grouping of about 6-8".

I've seen quite a number of guys shooting .223 at 250m with a grouping of around 1/2"...

My personal best is .223 8" at 300m with a 1.5x scope prone unsupported. Never had the opportunity to shoot anything with better optics at a target, only thing I've shot with better optics has been hunting rifles and then I've managed to hit a fist sized rock with 8 rounds at around 400m standing supported.

04 600RR

Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #2318
klmmicro
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_32 View Post

This is my dream.

Love the Operator series. They work very well and are a great value. Have fired more than few, they always impress.

The holster is a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 that I have had for a few years. Works like a charm to make the full size 1911 melt into obscurity when carrying. Comfortable, rugged and simple...it is my favorite IWB. They did not make the SS2 in black when I bought mine, but they do now. Might have to get one...

2005 XR650L (In Need of Repair)
2007 CBR600RR (Stolen)
2012 CBR600RR (Current)
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #2319
orientexpress11
Resident Arai Freak

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

This is my dream.

They are sweet 1911s. I have two half-rail TRP Operators but the next two on my Springfield Armory wish list is a full-rail TRP Operator and a Professional. The holy grail of Springfield Professionals would be to get either a FBI or DEA serial numbered pistol, too bad they are going for $9k+ when you can find one .

- JFK
orientexpress11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #2320
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmmicro View Post
Love the Operator series. They work very well and are a great value. Have fired more than few, they always impress.

The holster is a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 that I have had for a few years. Works like a charm to make the full size 1911 melt into obscurity when carrying. Comfortable, rugged and simple...it is my favorite IWB. They did not make the SS2 in black when I bought mine, but they do now. Might have to get one...
Yea it looks like a nice coutiony comfortable holder. Just my OCD would but me with that dark wood and light leather. I'd have to due it or I'd go nutts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientexpress11 View Post
They are sweet 1911s. I have two half-rail TRP Operators but the next two on my Springfield Armory wish list is a full-rail TRP Operator and a Professional. The holy grail of Springfield Professionals would be to get either a FBI or DEA serial numbered pistol, too bad they are going for $9k+ when you can find one .
Yea my buddy had a SA OP in green and that thing jammed on everything at least once a trip.. He had a Kimber too and had the same issues.. I think he has bad luck with 1911s because a good amount of other SAs have ran pretty good. I want a standard OP but the LB issued is legit and go for about $9k as well... Sorry ill get 3 les Baers for that haha

My YouTube channel.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #2321
oveRRide
AMA Supersport Racer

Just apply to the bureau or DEA haha

GOGATORS
oveRRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #2322
Renegade44
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
AR is deffineitly on my list, but maybe next summer. I'll do more research on them and bring one of my buddy to go check them out at the shop
Build one! It's really not that difficult. Even if you do not have any experience with them, you can do it. Just do a little reading and watch build videos on youtube.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence
Renegade44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #2323
orientexpress11
Resident Arai Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oveRRide View Post
Just apply to the bureau or DEA haha
I could do that, but they stopped making the FBI and DEA serial numbered pistols. IIRC, 250 or so were made with a FBI prefix and less than 100 with the DEA. Springfield did away with special serial numbers so the builders of the guns wouldn't know if it's going to a civilian or a hostage rescue team leader.

- JFK
orientexpress11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:47 AM   #2324
tab112302
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44 View Post
Build one! It's really not that difficult. Even if you do not have any experience with them, you can do it. Just do a little reading and watch build videos on youtube.
I would agree with building one. I have wanted to do it for a while now and finally went through with it. I had been researching for a while but didn't buy until after all this ban talk just started. I didn't want to go all out on this first build and went with decent parts that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I am just waiting for everything to come in the mail and for my 10 day wait to be over so I can pick up my lower. Once everything comes in I will post up some pics of the final result. You can find stripped lowers here locally and the price isn't bad. I got mine for $116 just the other day and they told me they had plenty in stock. I doubt that will last, but if you look around you can find everything you need still in stock and at good prices.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #2325
oveRRide
AMA Supersport Racer

Still waiting to turn 21.... Come on 2014.

GOGATORS
Old 12-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #2326
TribalCBR06
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok289 View Post
Also what's the best way to go about building an AR? I'm looking for an AR15 style build but I'm unclear on what I all need, and what will fit together properly.
Seeing you're still new to this, I highly recommend just buying a complete AR for now. Building one isn't rocket science, but the problem is finding parts in stock.

I have a friend who is just getting into AR15's right now and he is asking some real basic questions like what calibers fit in a standard lower receiver, etc. I suggest doing some reading/research before you attempt to build.

The thing with building it is it can be a slow process. On the other hand if you can find a complete AR in stock you can buy it right away granted you have the funds. The timing right now with all the gun control hysteria doesn't help either...

Quote:
When I built literally the same thing true to specs for $850 yea.. I do. And last I looked BCM complete rifles were going for $1600 to $2500...

BCM Upper M4
BCM BCG
BCM mil spec buffer/stock
DPMS LPK
Mega mil spec lower
Troy BUIS (BCM uses Troy sights on their completes)
Raddlock CA legal BB
10/30 GI mag
Big 5 POS hard case

After tax/fees/shipping $850 OTD
Well unfortunately those prices do not apply anymore. You can't hardly find parts to build an AR; If you can find a BCG in stock post up a link. Anything BCM is always out of stock too.

Nice rifle btw.

Quote:
So would which would be less inexpensive ... Building an AR-15, or buying one Of the shelf, nothing fancy , but just factory built
Building is always cheaper, but at the cost of time and patience. Parts are getting harder to find, and any name brand products (BCM, Spikes, PSA etc) will be out of stock for months.

I have 2 builds going on right now and they are painfully slow. One is a pistol AR in 5.56/223, the other is a 300Blackout Midlength. I am having trouble finding bolt carrier groups (BCG) in stock and even LPK's are slim pickings.

Buy a complete one, or an upper + lower then just mate them together.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
TribalCBR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #2327
TribalCBR06
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oveRRide View Post
Still waiting to turn 21.... Come on 2014.
you'll get there soon enough. In the meantime, save your pennies. I would even recommend buying mags and any kind of parts for the firearm you plan to purchase. Ammo is good too.

If you're ever down in Orlando hit me up.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:03 AM   #2328
TribalCBR06
Moto GP Racer

Back on to the pics:

I'm not sure if its better to go simple with the Magpul handguard, or stick with the rails which are currently on. The quad rail plus the Eotech adds significant amount of weight and heft to the rifle. Its one or the other; when I have both on there the rifle weighs quite a bit with ammo.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #2329
havok289
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCBR06 View Post
Seeing you're still new to this, I highly recommend just buying a complete AR for now. Building one isn't rocket science, but the problem is finding parts in stock.

I have a friend who is just getting into AR15's right now and he is asking some real basic questions like what calibers fit in a standard lower receiver, etc. I suggest doing some reading/research before you attempt to build.

The thing with building it is it can be a slow process. On the other hand if you can find a complete AR in stock you can buy it right away granted you have the funds. The timing right now with all the gun control hysteria doesn't help either...

Well unfortunately those prices do not apply anymore. You can't hardly find parts to build an AR; If you can find a BCG in stock post up a link. Anything BCM is always out of stock too.

Nice rifle btw.

Building is always cheaper, but at the cost of time and patience. Parts are getting harder to find, and any name brand products (BCM, Spikes, PSA etc) will be out of stock for months.

I have 2 builds going on right now and they are painfully slow. One is a pistol AR in 5.56/223, the other is a 300Blackout Midlength. I am having trouble finding bolt carrier groups (BCG) in stock and even LPK's are slim pickings.

Most of the basic questions I've gotten out of the way with some of my friends who have AR's I know a reasonable amount about guns, at least I feel I do. Plus with all this gun ban talk I have time to wait for stock, as I don't have the money to shell out for a new one right now.

I think I may just hold off and build it slowly, I don't have a problem doing that, I feel if I were to buy one just outright I would become unhappy with it rather quickly and wish that I had just built one myself. That's how I am with all things so for me it seems it would be worth it to do it the way I know I'll enjoy it.

- 2004 CBR1000rr - Sold
- 2008 CBR600rr - In action

->Spiegler SS Brake Lines
->Renthal grips
->China gold levers
->Brake Res. Delete
->Leo Vince SBK Slip on
->OES frame sliders
->HotBodies flush mounts
->CBR Heaven fender eliminator
->BKmoto 35w HID 6000k
havok289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #2330
Renegade44
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok289 View Post
Most of the basic questions I've gotten out of the way with some of my friends who have AR's I know a reasonable amount about guns, at least I feel I do. Plus with all this gun ban talk I have time to wait for stock, as I don't have the money to shell out for a new one right now.

I think I may just hold off and build it slowly, I don't have a problem doing that, I feel if I were to buy one just outright I would become unhappy with it rather quickly and wish that I had just built one myself. That's how I am with all things so for me it seems it would be worth it to do it the way I know I'll enjoy it.
The best thing to do in your situation is to purchase a stripped lower, throw it in a safe, and buy parts for it when you can. The lowers are going to be one of the first things to go if any form of ban were to be enacted. During the 1994 ban, only complete rifles were grandfathered in though.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #2331
Owns24
AMA Supersport Racer

Smith and Wesson M&P 15
Add ons:
Quad Rail
Surefire Weapon Light with pressure pad
Broom Handle with retractable Bi-Pod
MAGPUL BUIS
MAGPUL PMAG's
Stark Equipment Corp's SE-2 AR-15 Sling Grip (highly recommended)
EoTech 516 Red Dot

That's my baby!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1356449260.352849.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	31539

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Owns24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #2332
tab112302
Super Moderator

Quote:

Nice rifle btw.

You can do a complete build for those prices still. I just did and can't wait to get everything in the mail. I have seen some BCGs still in stock as if a few days ago. As soon as I get out if bed and go downstairs I will see if the places still have them while I shop around for any Christmas Day deals. Looking to try and pick up an Aimpoint Pro for under $400 as that is the lowest regular price I have seen right now.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #2333
Renegade44
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owns24 View Post
Smith and Wesson M&P 15
Add ons:
Quad Rail
Surefire Weapon Light with pressure pad
Broom Handle with retractable Bi-Pod
MAGPUL BUIS
MAGPUL PMAG's
Stark Equipment Corp's SE-2 AR-15 Sling Grip (highly recommended)
EoTech 516 Red Dot

That's my baby!
Attachment 31539

That's a solid set up. What brand is the case you have it in?

Old 12-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #2334
oveRRide
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
you'll get there soon enough. In the meantime, save your pennies. I would even recommend buying mags and any kind of parts for the firearm you plan to purchase. Ammo is good too.

If you're ever down in Orlando hit me up.
Haha for sure bro. And I'm not really looking to buy anything fancy, enjoyed the glock 17 but I've got a lot more to shoot before I decide.

GOGATORS
Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #2335
tab112302
Super Moderator

Well the places I have seen BCGs in stock are sold out now. Guess I bought at just the right time.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #2336
smiley6111
Pocketbike Racer

Called my local gt's today seems every mag has been bought and lower receiver! This is stupid. Checked cl and ppl are selling them for 50$ a peice already

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
smiley6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #2337
Owns24
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44 View Post
That's a solid set up. What brand is the case you have it in?
That's in a Pelican 1700 case, fits perfectly as you can see.

Owns24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #2338
Kpru-04RR
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley6111 View Post
Called my local gt's today seems every mag has been bought and lower receiver! This is stupid. Checked cl and ppl are selling them for 50$ a peice already

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
It's getting crazy I can't find any mags or even 223 ammo, I was supposed to go shooting this weekend but looks like that's not happening. Not to mention I was going to get an AK but saw some wasr 10's going for $1800, crazy!

Kpru-04RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #2339
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpru-04RR View Post
It's getting crazy I can't find any mags or even 223 ammo, I was supposed to go shooting this weekend but looks like that's not happening. Not to mention I was going to get an AK but saw some wasr 10's going for $1800, crazy!

My YouTube channel.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #2340
CK_32
Moto GP Racer

Dam now I'm kind of regretting not buying my 308 lower to start my LRAR build...

Wonder if those are sold out or off the shelves too... If they aren't I know they are probably over priced as is the 5.56s

My YouTube channel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement