» Honda 600RR Prices
Go Back   600RR.net > Technical Talk > 07-13 RR Modifications

07-13 RR Modifications Modifications to the '07- to 013 600RR

Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tamer Throttle Tube

" The Throttle Tamer incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as we call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.

The Throttle Tamer has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This virtually eliminates the jerky “throttle snatch” especially evident in modern fuel injected street bikes. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation requires to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.

"
Source: http://www.g2ergo.com/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-1.html

What do you guys think of this contraption? Do you think it's lazy to install such a product since it is a bit of a shortcut to good throttle control? I personally think if you take pride in becoming a good rider then there is no need for it unless you have a problem with your bike and this would somehow alleviate the issue.

Thoughts?

PS. Anyone know if it used in any competitions? MotoGP,WSBK,BSB, AMA?

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam
Rad Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
tary preisser
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good question!
tary preisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
Ccdel237
Pocketbike Racer

I have always wanted a non-linear throttle.. I don't know anything about these bit non-linear is a nobrainer. Power lag is nuts between 50-100% throttle. Then again I've never been to a track. The non-linear 'feel' may come in use at a track.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
ViciousCycle
Training Wheel Hero

I wrote a rather long review of it in the reviews section....

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=3658145
The Following User Says Thank You to ViciousCycle For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (01-10-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
tary preisser
Moto GP Racer

if you ride above 8k it (throttle response) will be a lot smoother.

sometimes not possible in traffic or stop/go situations.
tary preisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
X-treme1
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Why learn the right way, when you can buy this and keep doing it wrong...

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #7
Ccdel237
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-treme1 View Post
Why learn the right way, when you can buy this and keep doing it wrong...

I wouldn't go that far. I like this idea because it allows for the benefits of a quick turn throttle but without the immediate lurch when first rolling on.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
X-treme1
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
From the description it sounds like the opposite of a quick turn throttle. It says it take more turn for the first 50% and is more like stock for the second half. It's just meant to eliminate how touchy and jerky the throttle can be at low RPM's. if you just take the time to learn good throttle control, the problem will go away. What happens when a new rider gets used to this and then tries to ride a bike without it? Just learn the right way and don't waste time with shortcuts.

2010 Leyla
X-treme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to X-treme1 For This Useful Post:
03cbr-rider (01-09-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
Maaku
Moto GP Racer

My bike rolls with no throttle at about 12kph (8mph) and I can keep it rolling forward while filtering at just over 5kph (3mph) with half-clutch (sorry, don't know if there's a term in English, this is a translation of what I learned in Japanese). I don't feel any lurch when I start moving unless I screw up so I don't see the need for this in terms of control once you're able to do it, but it might be a nice option to reduce fatigue a little on the clutch when you're in stop-and-go traffic in the city? Seems like it might have the same effect as a reduced power setting when you first start rolling. If I commuted, I might look into this, but I just need to deal with city traffic on the way out to the twisties usually.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
03cbr-rider
Moto GP Racer

I enjoy the instant throttle response with the stock tube. Overcoming the difficulty to roll back on the throttle smoothly is a great skill to have and very necessary if you want to become a better rider. I think we're heading into the direction where more options are available for sport bikes to make them more user friendly to avoid having to overcome problems associated with learning how to ride correctly. I don't want to have to rely on my bike to keep me from making mistakes, I want to rely on myself. The technology will always continue to get better and the motorcycles will improve, but it's never a bad thing to learn skills on your own first...

Last edited by 03cbr-rider; 01-09-2013 at 10:07 AM.
03cbr-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Tater S
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
I enjoy the instant throttle response with the stock tube. Overcoming the difficulty to roll back on the throttle smoothly is a great skill to have and very necessary if you want to become a better rider. I think we're heading into the direction where more options are available for sport bikes to make them more user friendly to avoid having to overcome problems associated with learning how to ride correctly. I don't want to have to rely on my bike to keep me from making mistakes, I want to rely on myself. The technology will always continue to get better and the motorcycles will improve, but it's never a bad thing to learn skills on your own first...
Exactly why I don't like traction control and anti lock brakes. Soon all new motorcycles sold in the US will be required to have anti lock brakes.
It just raises the base price for something I didn't want.

Nanny state country it is

Crash Stats: Length of ownership
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=313730
Tater S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #12
Ccdel237
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-treme1 View Post
From the description it sounds like the opposite of a quick turn throttle. It says it take more turn for the first 50% and is more like stock for the second half. It's just meant to eliminate how touchy and jerky the throttle can be at low RPM's. if you just take the time to learn good throttle control, the problem will go away. What happens when a new rider gets used to this and then tries to ride a bike without it? Just learn the right way and don't waste time with shortcuts.
That's a good point but in a throttle situation I don't think it will inspire bad habits. I'd just like a 1/5 turn feel for the last half of the turn and stock 1/4 for the first half. Doesn't really change anything for rolling on, it just makes you not have to crank your arm as far to full throttle it.

Bikes have different power bands and throttles anyway so if you switch bikes you'll have to get used to something new anyway.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #13
Rad Rage
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
i enjoy the instant throttle response with the stock tube. Overcoming the difficulty to roll back on the throttle smoothly is a great skill to have and very necessary if you want to become a better rider. I think we're heading into the direction where more options are available for sport bikes to make them more user friendly to avoid having to overcome problems associated with learning how to ride correctly. I don't want to have to rely on my bike to keep me from making mistakes, i want to rely on myself. The technology will always continue to get better and the motorcycles will improve, but it's never a bad thing to learn skills on your own first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tater s View Post
exactly why i don't like traction control and anti lock brakes. Soon all new motorcycles sold in the us will be required to have anti lock brakes.
It just raises the base price for something i didn't want.

Nanny state country it is

Co-President of Team46

Married to Shin Soo-Ji (7/7/2013)

Amat Victoria Curam
Rad Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement