Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Reide181's White RR

12K views 100 replies 27 participants last post by  veity 
#1 · (Edited)
Reide181's Snow White RR

After BOTM I decided it would be a great time for me to finally start a build thread.

I will try and keep everything short and sweet! Be sure to know that this thread will probably be photo heavy because I shoot as a hobby. If you click on any of the photos with my name at the bottom, they will bring you to my Flickr page!

First Post:
-Favorite RR Photos/Video(s)
-Mod List (with clickable links to specific posts and websites)

Second Post:
-Riding Gear
-Brief Background on the Bike
-Information About the Rider
-Other Vehicles

Third Post:
-Camera Bag
-Photography Preview
-Links for my Flickr, my Instagram, my Tumblr, and my Youtube Channel

Favorite Photos/Videos:

Need to shoot something better with a tripod and slider. This was shot handheld with only what I could carry in a backpack!

Mod List:
*Links to specific posts related to the mods shown in blue and clickable
-All White Fairings with Clear Coat Over OEM Decals
-Amsoil 10W-40 Advanced Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
-Amsoil Oil Filter
-BKMOTO Bi-Xenon Retrofit Projectors (6000K) with Custom Painted Shields (Black with White Details) (Post 1) (Post 2)
-BKMOTO White Angel Eyes
-Driven EVO-Spec Black Superlight Steel 520 sprockets
-Driven D3 Grips (Black/Black)
-EK MVXZ black/gold 520 superlight chain with matching rivet link
-MotyDesigns Gauge Blackout (Post)
-MotyDesigns Gauge Recolor (Post)
-MotyDesigns Integrated Accum Gear Indicator (Post)
-OES Bar Ends/Sliders
-OES Frame Sliders (Cut)
-OES Rear Spools/Sliders
-Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa I Tires
-PJpart's Signal plates
-Pro-Bolt Aluminum Sprocket Nuts (10mm Gold)
-Rizoma Zero 11 LED Turn Signals (x4)
-Tripage 3-LED 3rd eye (white) (Post)
-Tripage Headlight Delay Relay (Projectors Only @ 14secs) (Post)
-Tripage LED relay
-Yoshimura RS5 Carbon Fiber Slip-on
-Polished Headers
-Black Anodized Adjustable Levers (Titanium Colored Adjusters)
-Black Fairing Bolts
-Tinted Windscreen
-Painted Rear Seat Delete
-Homemade Fender Eliminator
-2004 Rectifier Heat Shield Update
-Honda Racing Tank Pad

I want to thank all the great people who I have bought parts from. Customer service is always important, and every vendor I met on 600rr.net has provided the best customer service possible.

Website Link (600rr.net Screen Name)

BKmoto (borka)
Bob is the Oil Guy (Amsoil Dealer Group)
Motomummy (motomummy)
Motydesign (BrowningBuck)
PJ's Parts (not sure, can someone provide??)
Tripage LED (tripage)

See less See more
1 10
#2 · (Edited)
Current Gear:
-Shoei RF-1100 (White/Black)
-Alpinestars T-GP R Jacket (White/Black)
-Alpinestars S-MX Plus Boots (Black/White)
-Alpinestars SP-X Leather Gloves (White/Black)
-Drayko Drift Kevlar Riding Jeans
-Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0 (Black/Gray)(Rain and Bad Weather Jacket)

Background on the Bike:
The bike was purchased August of 2012 from a guy locally in Pittsburgh. Being a college student, money was/is tight, so I began looking for a “fixer-up-er”. Stumbled across this stock CBR on Craigslist and immediately went to go see it. The bike was dropped on the clutch lever side at a low speed (that I could tell from the fairings). After seeing no mechanical damage, I loaded my new CBR into the truck and drove home! From then on it was trying to bring my “baby” as close to perfect as possible. For all my vehicles, I like to mod as cleanly as possible. I guess my goal is to end up with something that looks like it could have come from the factory but better! OEM+ LOL!

August 2013 - First accident with this bike. Hit a deer head on, flew off the bike, slid across the road with the deer, and sadly the bike slid right into a telephone pole... Damn thing jumped right in front of me. Since then the bike has been rebuilt (again). I'm pretty sure the bike was fixed before my legs were LOL. WEAR YOUR GEAR EVERYTIME YOU RIDE, saved my upper body and head. Lifeproof case saved my phone hahah. Was wearing jeans and they were torn right off against the pavement. Learned my lesson and bought kevlar riding jeans.

About Me:
I am a Pittsburgh based exotic-automotive photographer and engineering student who has an obsession with Subarus! Basically sums it up!

^^ Don't mind the squidy shoes, they were just for the photo :)

My 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport:

Summer Mode

Winter Mode

#3 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Awesome snap shots I love Miss White she has been selected for my RR Orgy thread ( pictures forum )

#15 · (Edited)
First I will mini review the newest mod to the CBR. Ever since joining the forum, I wanted needed these lights! For me to completely commit to such a mod as the retro fit, I needed to have it a certain way. 1) HIDs needed to work as stock (on with key) and 2) must be different. Clean, simple BUT different.

To get this to work as I wanted I used Tripage's headlight timer which works fantastic! Set at 14 secs, the timer gives me time to turn the key, wait for the primer and start the bike with some time to spare. I have it set like this for 3 reasons, to have others enjoy the beautiful angel eyes for a couple secs without the HIDs over powering them, to provide less strain on the battery and I will never forget to turn them on so other traffic can see me! Safety first! Although for photos ONLY, I did install a switch located in the trunk to cut power to the HIDS.

Now on to the paint. The projectors are extremely easy to take apart. I didn't want something flashy, but I wanted something that the select few riders would appreciate. The final idea was gloss black base, with gloss white paint splatters. A cool but mild design IMO. Not even noticed at a distance.

As most people say, the hardest part of the entire install is hiding the wires. I am completely OCD about this so you can bet I was MFing and mad trying to cover everything!:drunk::banghead: Finished with a Tripage 3 LED 3rd eye to match the 6000K HIDs perfectly. In the end I couldn't be happier with the results!

Overall, YES, I would highly recommend this to anyone here. Boris at BKmoto provides perfect customer service, great instructions, prices, shipping time.... the whole bit. 5 of 5 stars for you sir. :thumbup: Tripage is the same!

Now...... PICS!

#17 ·
Those are sick! Very different... actually that's the first time I've seen projectors like that.

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks dmc, wanted to be unique is a "quiet" way. Most people don't even notice :thumbup:

Boris, lights are great. Thank you again! One quick question, what is the best way to get rid of the condensation in the lens? Only appears after the lights have been on for a couple min. Could be because I'm riding in 30 degree weather but would a bag of rice in some sorta of netting help? Lights are sealed perfectly (with extra silicon too) just has the condensation in the lens from the humidity in the air when I broke the seal installing them. Thinking I trapped it inside the housing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 ·
Thanks dmc, wanted to be unique is a "quiet" way. Most people don't even notice ?

Boris, lights are great. Thank you again! One quick question, what is the best way to get rid of the condensation in the lens? Only appears after the lights have been on for a couple min. Could be because I'm riding in 30 degree weather but would a bag of rice in some sorta of netting help? Lights are sealed perfectly (with extra silicon too) just has the condensation in the lens from the humidity in the air when I broke the seal installing them. Thinking I trapped it inside the housing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
thats just the trapped humidity, put the bike outside facing the sun on a nice warm sunny day, and it will vent out, headlights are designed to vent out moisture by themselves. after the initial trapped moisture vents out, you should have no issues after that.

#24 ·
Wow. Those headlights are awesome. Subtle like you said but still noticeable to someone looking for it.

Also, I'm very amazed with your shots of the cars. I'm also an aspiring photographer, how in the world did you end up getting some of those shots? (Lambo's and planes for example)

Subbed. :)

#26 ·
Next mod I would like to highlight is the MOTYdesign gauges. This is taken right from a thread I posted a couple months back, but I want to document the mod here to.

August 2013 - First accident with this bike. Hit a deer head on, flew off the bike, slid across the road with the deer, and sadly the bike slid right into a telephone pole... Damn thing jumped right in front of me. Since then the bike has been rebuilt (again). I'm pretty sure the bike was fixed before my legs were LOL. WEAR YOUR GEAR EVERYTIME YOU RIDE, saved my upper body and head. Lifeproof case saved my phone hahah. Was wearing jeans and they torn right off against the pavement. Learned my lesson and bought kevlar riding jeans.

In the process of replacing the parts that were damaged, I decided to dive into a mod I have been wanting for a while. I stumbled across MOTYdesign.com (BrowningBuck) on 600rr right after I first joined. Reviews were solid and I said "what the hell" and went for it.

I ordered the color change (all white), black out and Acumen gear indicator (red). Immediately after placing the order I received an email from Brian who gave me the shipping instructions, and I shipped my gauges to him via USPS that day. If I remember correctly I sent it USPS flat rate box on a Monday, delivered Wednesday, sent back out by Brian Friday morning and back in my hands Tuesday (8 days total). Updates were provided the entire time which worked out great because I am a very curious person and like to know whats going on (sorry if I was annoying Brian).

Gauges were shipped back and wrapped in bubble wrap the same way I initially shipped them. Initial impressions were great! Quality is flawless and I inspected the gauges to look at how everything was done. Factory look which is what I wanted!

Programing was easy once I read the instructions provided by Brian. Truly plug-n-play, no wiring. Then I was off riding! It's been a couple months and no problems so far!

The white color is pure white, despite what the last pic looks like. Black out is slightly blueish at night.

Overall, I am very impressed and YES I would recommend this seller/mod to other people.

Thank you again Brian!

#29 ·
Thanks man! I believe he is still doing this, his website is still up.

I unfortunately live in a smaller town. No cars and coffee. Closest place that does it is about a two hour drive.
I starting going to the meets and started to get to know a lot of people by shooting their cars. Made some great friends!

#38 · (Edited)
Thank you sir! Subframe is stock, the fairings fit a little tight but work just fine. Everything is secured as stock too, same bolt holes for the most part. A few holes are added/missing but nothing that can't bolted in a different way. Had to modify the stock intakes to fit inside the 2005 fairings. Cut about an inch off with a demel and rounded the edges off with a high grit sand paper. You can't even tell!

For example, I have an extra hole in the front fairing over the front wheel, but the fair stays put because of the way Honda designed it. Never had a problem.

Good stuff! What camera did you use for the video?

And what camera/lens set up for the photos
Thank you thank you! I use the same camera for still photos and video. My bag currently is a Nikon D7000, Nikkor 50mm 1.4, Nikkor 70's e-series 50mm 1.8, Nikkor 35mm 1.8, Nikkor 18-105mm, Nikon SB700 and a MeFOTO GlobeTrotter Tripod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.