Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

wrathsrr '03 build thread

7K views 57 replies 13 participants last post by  wrathsrr 
#1 ·
Finally getting around to document my bike so far. This will be a slow thread with limited funds but hopefully picture heavy. Been into bikes for over 20 years with the old cruisers. After a 10 year hiatus and getting remarried, I wanted a bike again and picked up my 1st sportbike. An '03 F4i. And the bug bit hard.
The wife then decided in late '09 that she wanted a bike and we got her an '08 Ninja 250r. Had a great time that following year. Found a few riding buddies, did some day/overnight trips on the bikes. Was having a good time riding and the claws dug deep into the sport bike scene.

In late 2010 the wife was ready to upgrade, so she jumped on the F4i and loved it. So we started the discussion to sell her Ninja and she got the F4i and I could get a different bike. I contemplated jumping up to a 1k, but my head was telling me the 600 was the perfect bike for me so I started the hunt for my RR.

I fell in love with the Tribals and coming up a little short on finding one I could afford, this beauty popped up. A little negotiation on price, a 4 hour drive at midnite and it was sitting in my garage.

So here is how she sat when I picked it up. Only mod's were the unknown black screen, flushmounts, ebay seat cowl and IT.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
So next up was to get some modding done. Picked up some shorty levers from "the2wheels", painted the case covers and swing arm, added frame plugs and installed the 2Bros Black series slipon. Having the Yoshi on the F4i, I wanted to try something different and the carbon looks great with the bike.

#6 · (Edited)
Christmas present for the wife, sent out her plastics to get sprayed matte black... but soon after we decided to move to Southern Michigan. So money went tight for a while and with a car going bad on us we put her bike up for sale and ended up with a trade offer on a newer car, so we said good bye to the F4i.

All relocated downstate and at a local Bike Night.

#7 · (Edited)
So up to speed for the most part. Only small mods that were done until now. New/used Corbin seat from Chad (cbr6racr), clear Stompgrips and Woodcraft frame sliders from STG and a new oem seat cowl from Honda East Toledo. Had a incident with a semi chucking a rock at me and it caught a mirror before blasting me in the shoulder so picked up a set of ebay cf mirrors from a member here.

So all settled in our new place. And the wife gives me a nice Christmas present for the 2014 ride season. BKMoto's projector kit.

#10 ·
Carbon always looks great lol. Glad to see you put up a build thread
Thanks, man. I always like looking thru others build threads, so figured I should finally do one.

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks... yea, we've been talking about it. She knew being fresh on the 600 and moving to a bigger city/heavy traffic she would be leary. Now that we've been here a year, she's getting the itch again. We talked about selling both bikes, but she refused to let me sell the rr. I would get on her nerves being around all the time...lol

#24 ·
Next on the list of to do's is get it ready for ride season.

Changing all the fluids.
New rubber.
-1/+1 sprockets and red chain from Motomummy.
Rearsets, pass. pegs and gas cap sending out to get pc'd.
Thinking about getting red HONDA stickers for lowers.
Adding more CF.
I want to spray forks and calipers black.
Change up the rim stripes and add reflective black or red rotor buttons.
Cox red radiator guard.
Heat wrap midpipe
Red brake lines and hose kit.

#29 ·
Next on the list of to do's is get it ready for ride season.

Changing all the fluids.
New rubber.
-1/+1 sprockets and red chain from Motomummy.
Rearsets, pass. pegs and gas cap sending out to get pc'd.
Thinking about getting red HONDA stickers for lowers.
Adding more CF.
I want to spray forks and calipers black.
Change up the rim stripes and add reflective black or red rotor buttons.
Cox red radiator guard.
Heat wrap midpipe
Red brake lines and hose kit.
Nice little list you have for the upcoming season. Speaking of thinking about stickers...I'm probably the worst with those decisions. I have a folder full of stickers I've ordered, but then decided not to put on the bike because I changed my mind by the time I got them...so indecisive...

Thanks for the BOTM vote again.

#26 ·
Hate the gold so I'll get them and the forks done when I pull for new tires soon. Nissin lettering will be red. Hoping it turns out looking good. I want to add some more CF especially rear hugger, triple tree and dash cover for now.

:thumbup: wibbly !!

#28 ·
Thanks Chad and yea, I'm so over the snow. Got a few things to tinker with today. Fairings are not lining up like before the projector install, so going to mess with them today and I'll get some pics of some little bits I did recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.