Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

weight limit??

27K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  redridinghood11 
#1 ·
am i to heavy for a 600rr? Im 6 ft 240lbs. can the stock suspension be set up/adjusted to handle my weight?

#2 ·
in stock trim, no, with new springs, yes

i was pushing 280 for a bit there, and its plenty fine

but hey, im down to the 240 - 250 (depends on the day) range !

#3 ·
just need to get your forks re-sprung with stiffer springs. Not all that bad. As far as height... ugh it is as high as it can go unless you choose to rise the front end higher than the recommended setting.

#4 ·
i've always wondered how comfortable a sport bike is for "bigger" people?

I know its uncomfortable for me and im 5'7" 160lbs.

I'm not bashing im just curious what the reason behind bigger guys wanting a sport bike. I would have to think its not speed and handling because those things are somewhat lost with a bigger rider on board. Is it purely looks?

just curious

#5 ·
Why is it uncomfortable? I've ridden my CBR600RR at both 160 lbs and 220 lbs and I don't see a difference. The only comfort issue was my right knee from an injury, and my neck from wind pressure on my degenerative disc disease.

OP, you can set the sag for your weight temporarily (which will change over/under-steer characteristics) but at 220 lbs the suggested suspension settings from sport rider (click here) are amazing! I tried setting sag, but didn't feel right. If you want to change spring rates for your weight (if you intend on staying at that weight) the calculator at http://www.racetech.com/ is good. I will be dealing their products here soon. As in really soon. Ohlins has a good article about setting up the rear shock absorber for passengers, but with the +1 recommended by the suggested settings from sport rider feel great for me (I am down to 205 now)

#21 ·
correction. I don't think i CARE about the extent of your injuries.

Your buddy pushed you out of a truck why don't you go b**** to him about it.
That's not what happened, at least that's not what they told me. I don't remember anything. Anyway WRONG accident. I am talking about the guy who purposely rear ended me on my old bike 3 years ago. Then the one 2 years before that, the one 5 years before that. All not-at-fault. Moral of the story? F*** cagers!

#22 ·
That's not what happened, at least that's not what they told me. I don't remember anything. Anyway WRONG accident. I am talking about the guy who purposely rear ended me on my old bike 3 years ago. Then the one 2 years before that, the one 5 years before that. All not-at-fault. Moral of the story? F*** cagers!
That was the most boring story i've ever read and it wasn't even a full paragraph...

pssst....no......one.......cares.

#9 ·
Not taking a shot but the guys that are 225 - 275lbs, you guys lean over the bike? I was just saying cuz the 600RR is a handling whore and every one of my larger friend's do NOT lean and ride 1000RRs. I rode 250cc and a kawi 500cc for $h!ts and giggles and they are stupid slow. I would imagine that with 225-275lbs on a 600 would give the same effect right? I know when I have my girl on the back my bike is alot slower and dances in the turns so I don't dare lean hard. I'm 175 without gear and she's 110 without gear so the combination is 285 without gear. Like stated earlier I think this is well beyond the 600RRs suspension. I would upgrade your suspension if you intend on leaning around some turns and that's the reason why I asked if you did indeed lean around turns cuz if you don't then I'd recommend another bike. Good luck bro.

#24 ·
I rode 250cc and a kawi 500cc for $h!ts and giggles and they are stupid slow. I would imagine that with 225-275lbs on a 600 would give the same effect right?
Just for shits & giggles, I once gave a 300 pound guy a ride on my bike. He told me to floor it. Trust me, between the 600 & the 250, there's still no comparison.

As for a "weight limit" on the CBR600RR, I would have to say with proper suspension adjustment, within the confines of the rider being under 300 pounds,(and possibly more, just not much more) the suspension can be setup to cope with their weight. Keep in mind, that if you are ripping it around a track, with added weight you're putting more stress on your tires & generating more tire heat. Basically if you're a real big & fast guy you might overheat regular tires. You could to a size up in the back and maybe a compound stiffer all around, and keep them in their optimum heat range.

#18 ·
this is what this site has come to? holy hell...

#33 ·
Seriously kids... if you can't ignore each other like grown ups than just take your bickering to PM's.

Us ("overweight" but in-shape) other folk reading the thread don't give a damn what either of you think of one another, nor do we want to see your lovers quarrel thrown all over the thread.

Reactions: Boombasauraus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.