Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

another fuel pump not priming

766 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  onehunglow 
#1 ·
hey guys i need help first i have an 03 600rr i was out riding the other day came to a couple of lights then as i took off from one kinda hard bike stalled out. i pulled in a lot and tried to start with no luck i couldn't hear the pump prime anyhow i got it hme and hear we go.

i have on the stand i have a good battery with 12.86 volts i raised the tank and it looks like some messed with the wire in the harness one green wire witch i belive is ground was all burnt up so i cut the wire and put it back togethere with butt connectors and still no prime i have tried juming the bank angle sensor nothing haven't opened the run switch yet all fuses are good checked with volt meter and test light i also jump the pump to 12 volts and i works so pumps good. I have read on several forums about the yellow trouble shoot box in the harness that the last thing i will try tomorrow kick stand is working as should lights cluster cranks just no fuel any thought ideas would be great.

oh it also has a new ign switch from that last owner installed sorry if i confused any one with rambling lol

#2 · (Edited)
I would start with this:

1. Check the inside of the tank. If there is rust in there, that may be the problem. Test the fuel pressure to see if the line seems blocked at higher RPMs. I would say it is probably the pump, even though it seems to be working right now.
2. Could also be bad gas - if your bike has been sitting for a while (which also causes the rust).
3. Test the Regulator/Rectifier
4. Test the stator
5. Check spark plugs
6. Use more periods and commas

#3 ·
there's a pink wire that goes to the fuel pump and tells it to prime when you turn your key to the on position. Check your ignition lock and see if the wire is good.

It is known for going bad and the reason why in 05 they moved it to the kill switch on switch.
Sent from my LG-C800 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.