Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Mad Matt's Thread

26K views 187 replies 32 participants last post by  dkid 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry to report guy's but i sold my bike today and am the new owner of an R1, but don't worry i shall be sticking around here as i love this place....

Heres a picture, its brand new....

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
So i picked my new R1 up yesterday evening, only had chance to ride her home and now I've spent a couple of hours today getting used to her….

How do i compare my new R1 to my Cbr600rr?? Well thats simple, you can't there just worlds apart…

Riding home was a little scary, brand new tyres and all that power comes a bit of a shock so getting home last night in one piece was my goal. Out early this morning, weather was sunny but very cold but one thing that really surprised me is how well it takes corners, it feels like its just planted to the road and nothing could possibly interrupt its path. This gave me great confidence and surly when the warm weather arrives next year I'll be knee dragging around even the sharpest bends. The power is just immense even though i have her set on Standard Mode and I've finally found what I've been missing "mid range power", thank you lord…..

Ive really enjoyed myself today and I'm in no doubt that its going to take me some time and many miles of riding before i get used to her or put her in A Mode. Oh and did i mention the noise, even with two standard pipes the sound is like thunder, i could listen to that noise day in day out for the rest of my life and die happy….

#40 ·
Mate i rode all the way through Wigan where i got it from in 1st gear, it was so smooth but i did nearly poop myself today riding out to Northwich. On a dual carriage way i was plodding along at 65mph in 4th gear, ( i know i was in 4th because the gear indicator was telling me) when an M3 flew past me. I thought fvck that and opened the throttle, to my complete shock the front wheel starts lifting off the ground. Won't be doing that again in a hurry. On the way back i put it in A mode (sport mode) and after about half a mile i decided to switch it back to standard, far to much power just yet...

The mid range is out of this world, trust me, whichever 1000 you go with whether it be a Blade, R1 or ZXR you will love it. Don't get me wrong the 600rr is a great bike but it feels like ive just gone from a Civic type r to an M5...

I will be changing the cans first mate when i have some money...

#45 ·
Thanks for fixing those pictures for me Brett you now officially my go to person with all things related to computing...

My new helmet is on its way mate and i reckon there will be plenty of smoked/mirrored visors to check out at the Bike show..

This post has been deleted
#50 ·
Heres some pictures from the bike show, there not the best as my picture taking skill are rubbish...

I will say i loved the bike show, i felt like a child in the worlds biggest sweet shop, and if your ever going to buy gear like leathers, boots or gloves wait for the bike show. J&S were selling all there this year stock off for peanuts, Alpinestar boots for £40, full leathers for £100........

Attachments

#66 ·
It's four years since the last time . My dad booked it all , I think the ferry was about £150 ish inc the bike . And then it depends where you stay , I've camped, stayed in a hotel and a guest house.. obviously camping would be the cheapest . The prices rocket for the TT and Manx as expected , but worth it . Even if you do it once . Lots on , motocross , trials , beach racing , sprints etc in between race days . Plus the island is beautiful , especially if you are on the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#70 ·
Cheers mate..

To be honest it may sound a little too loud, the cats been removed and Y-Pipe put in its place so its extremely loud. Don't get me wrong its a fantastic sound but i will be a bit worried about starting her up early morning, don't want to be waking the whole street up....

#76 ·
looks brilliant,are they original fairings that have been (swanned) or relacement swan fairings and youve still got originals
think i prefer swan livery to ths years milwaukee colours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.