Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling All Michigan Riders (2014)

847K views 21K replies 116 participants last post by  HighzerOfLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so we got riding season coming up in roughly 2 months, and I am sure everyone is ready to ride. But right now I am trying to get a feel on where everyone lives and who's down to ride. Every Tuesday we will be going to Hooters for bike night in Lansing and weekend rides to wherever.

So if people want, lets make a call to all MI riders and start setting up weekend rides and get togethers. As far as introductions, Ill start if off; names Paul, from Lansing, MI.

Reactions: strey117
#2,924 ·
He's asking $22,000

Here's his ad info

am selling my STI and wanted to put it here before I went to craigslist etc. It is totally stock except for Apex'i N1 coilovers set up by ptunning in Manassas, VA http://www.ptuning.com/ Other than that it has the SPT catback. I bought it from a dealership near Harrisburg, PA in Aug. 2011 and the catback was already on it. It had about 65k miles on it then. The original struts and springs felt tired so I got the coilovers. It's never been in any accidents, there's no dings or dents or noticeable scratches. Everything works fine on it. It has no issues and runs great. I have two motorcycles and two other Subarus and the VA personal property tax (if you live here you know) for all of them is getting out of hand so it's time for one to go. I don't want any trades. I'm asking $21,000 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2,929 ·
You offered 21k and he's asking 21k?
I'd tell him "I got 19k cash in hand, and can be there saturday".... bet he'd bite.
If not, just barter from there til you settle on a price.

Good luck, bro. Sharp car.

#2,934 · (Edited)
I'm going to Tennessee at the end of the month. What's a little detour lol
Idk of he will hold it that long.

It still comes down to buying a Wrx and u can make them better then a sti with the $5,000 u will save in the price u buy for. Insurance is different also. But idk I got to ask the parents because it's a big investment

#2,937 ·
FYI Paul. A car is not an investment. It is an expense. You will never get back outta a car what you pay for it unless it is a classic car. Just saying. Gotta look at it like you are throwing your money away.
Exactly! Real Estate, that's an investment because it has the potential to make you money. A vehicle is never an investment, unless you decide you are going to race that vehicle and have it earn you money.

Personally, I think you're looney to drop that much car on used tuner car, but that's just the cheap part of me talking.

BTW, tell that guy to use some of the coin he's making off of you and buy a better camera. Felt drunk looking at those pictures.

#2,938 ·
... that one just is what I'm looking for.
[/color]
Paul, it sounds like you keep trying to convince yourself that this car, and by "this car" I mean every car you look at is "THE ONE".

You were dead set on a hatchback STI, and the coupes didn't do it for you. Now you are settling on a coupe because THIS one is the one for you.

Like I said the other night, you are blinded by lust for this car, and it's going to get you into a car you're going to regret. $20K is a lot of money to spend on a used car that doesn't meet every prerequisite you demand.

Be honest with yourself, is this the absolute, undeniable, 100000% "dream car" STI you are looking for?

My money is on that it's not, and you're settling on the first pretty girl at the dance. Buy a cheap winter vehicle, get through until you save enough coin to get that absolute, undeniable, 100000% "dream car" hatchback STI you are wanting. Might take a few months, or even a year to save up the extra loot to get to the '08 hatchback you so long for, but you'll appreciate it that much more.

That's my opinion, I won't say another word if you don't want me to.

#2,939 ·
Paul, it sounds like you keep trying to convince yourself that this car, and by "this car" I mean every car you look at is "THE ONE".

You were dead set on a hatchback STI, and the coupes didn't do it for you. Now you are settling on a coupe because THIS one is the one for you.

Like I said the other night, you are blinded by lust for this car, and it's going to get you into a car you're going to regret. $20K is a lot of money to spend on a used car that doesn't meet every prerequisite you demand.

Be honest with yourself, is this the absolute, undeniable, 100000% "dream car" STI you are looking for?

My money is on that it's not, and you're settling on the first pretty girl at the dance. Buy a cheap winter vehicle, get through until you save enough coin to get that absolute, undeniable, 100000% "dream car" hatchback STI you are wanting. Might take a few months, or even a year to save up the extra loot to get to the '08 hatchback you so long for, but you'll appreciate it that much more.

That's my opinion, I won't say another word if you don't want me to.
No chad thank u very much. I mean damn good advice. I heard the 2008 and up have ringland failure issues in the engine that's why I was looking at the 07 and below.

The hatch it's cool, they both are, I mean 07 is the nicest of the sedan, 2009 is nicest of the hatch. I mean side by side idk what I would pick TBH. They are both nice.

2009 is a hatch, more room, better trans and power, nice style. 2007 is the rally style, bad ass blue interior, wing, gold rims, and a nice set up. I mean between those two idk what I would get. I lean towards the 07 due to insurance cost, but then could get a Wrx and build it to be better then a sti.

And I know they are a money put. All newer cars are that are over 10,000. I know I will loose money and I'm ok. I'm tired of these beat to **** cars, so if u have to pay a tiny bit extra to get a well taken care of car, I totally would.

I learned from my cobalt this and just impulse buy is never ok. I have been looking for what 3 months non stop? It sucks. But ya don't rip into me I already know

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.