Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Flashed ECU? What does it mean?

5K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  weStTXgrEase_mOnKay 
#1 ·
I have an 09 600RR. I have a full exhust system on it, Power Commander V, and custom mapping. And to my surprise dyno only shows only 104 horse power! Isn't that the stock horse power? Anyhow, my buddies say I have to "Flash the ECU" and that would give me 10 extra horse power! What does it mean to flash the ECU and who does it? A regular mechanic? Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

#2 ·
If you have a female ecu you can see its bewbies once you remove the cover.

#5 ·
a female ECU is the ECU with with a convex-shaped receptive port at the bottom.
The male ECU is identified by the protruding over-hang rod

bewbies are a pair of round control units, and adjustments for the sensitivity are usually made there

#4 ·
Female ecu's tend to cause a more responsive touchy throttle. Bewbies are where you connect the bazzaz or pc. Male ecu's have no plug in "entrance" ports, well some don't anyways.

#11 ·
#17 ·
Rrreeeaaaalllllyyyyyyyy????????? Whhhhhheeerree???????

#16 ·
insert ******* answer

if you have to ask, you likely dont have the experience, or know how to make use of any extra horse power it may free up, thus is pointless.

#18 ·
Don't get hung up on horsepower numbers. Dynos vary and weather changes and atmospheric conditions can affect the readout.

Does the bike pull strong and smooth throughout the rev range? If so, then you should be a happy camper.

#19 ·
I thought honda ECU weren't flashable??

#21 ·
Don't listen to all this clowns...
A flashed ecu is an ecu that has been worked on and programed by a certified dude.... Only one person can do that and his name is Barry Allan. You'll see his trade mark logo...something like "Z" kinda logo.... Thats how you know when its real. Most likely he wont tell you how he does it but you'll know thats he's the real deal.

#22 ·
^^^ Breaking news!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.