#1 · (Edited)
Rizzo's Build Thread
Motorcycle: 2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Color: Pearl Yellow
Modifications: None
Mileage: 3,847
Purchase Date: December 18th, 2009
Other: Early Christmas Gift

This is the build thread for my very first bike, a 2003 Honda CBR 600RR. The bike was purchased with 3,847 miles and no modifications. Enjoy this Build thread and see the links attached to see mods installed.

First Day

Finally Home

Current

Mod List With Links

Handling, Performance & Acceleration
- Michelin Power Pure's 180/55 (1)
- Dynojet Power Commander III USB (Custom Tuned)
- Yoshimura RS5 Slip On (1, 2)
- Michelin Power Pure's 190/55 (1, 2, 3, 4)
- EBC HH Pads (1, 2)
- EK MVXZ 520 Black Chain & Driven -1 +2 520 Black Sprocket Kit (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Speedo DRD
- BMC Race Air Filter
- Fren Tubo Stage Tier 3 White Brake Lines (1, 2, 3)
- Galfer SBK Front Rotors

Appearance
- Clear Alternatives LED Integrated Tail Light
- OEM Solo Cowl (1, 2)
- Flush Mounts
- Driven D3 Black Grips (1, 2)
- Pro Grip P5005 Tank Guard
- Rizoma Bar Ends
- Crash
- China Fairings (1, 2)
- Corbin Seat (1, 2, 3, 4)
- TMW Gas Cap
- FP Racing Shorty Levers
- Motofansclub White Repsol Fairings (1, 2, 3)
- Marchesini Rear 17x6 (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Rizoma Barracuda (1, 2)
- Evo-Tech Steering Stem Nut
- Tripage Adjustable Tag Bracket (1, 2, 3)
- Tripage Flash Relay
- Woodcraft Adjustable Rear Sets
- Slowboy Rear Res Cover (1)
- Slowboy Black Key
- Gilles VCR Rear Sets (1, 2)
- Driven D3 White White Limited Edition Grips (1, 2)
- Rizoma Axle Sliders (1, 2, 3)
- Woodcraft Swing Arm Sliders (1, 2)
- Retro Solutions H7 Projects with Audi LEDs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs (1, 2)
- 1CarbonTech Carbon Fiber Ram Covers, Side Tank Panels & Exhaust Shield( 1, 3, 4)
- Marchesini Front Rim (1, 2, 3, 4)
- 90 Deg. Valve Stems
- HRC Valve Stem Caps
- Street Skins Custom Front & Rear Seats (1, 2)
- Seat Pins
- Rear Res Delete
- Lawst-Caws Frame Plugs
- Scorpio i900 Alarm

Other
- Learning the Clutch Ways
- First Ride
- Crash
- Photo-Shoots (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Oil Change
- 2013 MSU Racing Car / Bike Show
- Random Rides (1)

See less See more
#1,632 ·
Well after finally opening up the fairings I received from sfstanto I noticed he completely lied about most of the fairings. Nose is cracked and missing a mounting tab and the tail he only took pictures of one side is completely rashed.

Guess I'm on the hunt for another nose fairing. Well, live and learn because I'm outside the 90 day claim for PayPal. Baffles me how people can rip others off and not care.

So if anyone has a nose with no cracks and no missing tabs I'm looking. Now onto nose fairing number 3!

#1,636 ·
Well after finally opening up the fairings I received from sfstanto I noticed he completely lied about most of the fairings. Nose is cracked and missing a mounting tab and the tail he only took pictures of one side is completely rashed.

Guess I'm on the hunt for another nose fairing. Well, live and learn because I'm outside the 90 day claim for PayPal. Baffles me how people can rip others off and not care.

So if anyone has a nose with no cracks and no missing tabs I'm looking. Now onto nose fairing number 3!
Sucks man. I've been ripped off before. One thing I've learned is that if you want to lower your chances of it happening again, just push yourself to wait and pay more for something as it's usually the better deal.

#1,638 ·
Update:

Well after searching for a very long time, I finally located and purchased an OEM nose fairing with no broken tabs. The nose I purchased is off of a 2006 600RR, which will bolt directly on. All i need to do is change the ram air tubes to an 06 and I'll have no issues.

As for the rest of the fairings, well they need some work. Some are in decent shape where some are pretty rough. I'll be running Woodcraft frame sliders to fit into the holes already cut in the mid fairings.

As for the color, I'm still leaning towards a simple white, or something along the lines of a dark grey to go with the white brake lines and seat. Still unsure of this. The bike is currently still in storage and will be making the trip to my new house as soon as I adjust the chain, change the spark plugs, flush the coolant and check the air filter box for any mice that may of decided to make a home after its lengthy amount of time in storage.

#1,640 ·
Update

Last weekend a fellow rider on here visited my parents house to help get the bike up and around. We did the below

Coolant flush to engine ice
Ngk iridium plug change
Rotella t6 oil change with k&n filter

Only managed to break the lower fairing clip, but oh well I don't mind because I have OEM fairings ready to go on.

Bike fired right up, and taking it down the road brought back memories. I'll have it up here at my house end of July to enjoy the bike once again.

Reactions: dixon cider
#1,645 ·
Small update:

I should have the bike at my new house this coming weekend. Just need to arrange a ride to take me to the place that it's at so I can ride the bike to my new place.

#1,646 ·
It been over a year since I posted on this build.

Since then, the bike has sat in my garage on the stands. It never made it out this year or even was started. The day has come where I've put the bike up for sale because I just don't ride it anymore.

If anyone is interested or knows someone interested and wants more information, PM me. I'm going to reevaluate in the spring if I want to keep it, but I think the time has finally come.

I apologize for no new updates, pictures or anything. I just haven't touched the bike this year due to long hours at work, going off roading in my Jeep and other things around the house.

#1,647 ·
About a week ago, I started the bike up and it ran like a champ. Turned over first try and no issues at all being it's sat for over a year. Should have a video to post in the next couple days for some type of update.

#1,649 ·
It will be a sad day when someone comes to pick up. Good luck tho. Im assuming no new bike after this one?

#1,650 ·
No new bike after this, you're right. I've ridden it 3 times in the last 3 years. It sat in my garage all last year and I never really thought about riding it.

It's sad that I won't have another bike, but I enjoy my Jeep Wrangler too much. I'd rather go out wheeling then this. It also doesn't help that no one with a bike lives near me and it's just a "toy" to me.

#1,651 ·
Maybe make it into a track beast? Or u dont do track days. Ive been thinking about wranglers since i moved to AZ but i decided on a Taco i stead. A teuck would serve me more use. After i pay off my wedding a lil ill have to go pick one up

#1,652 ·
Bike is already built for the track minus fairings. Track days are expensive and I never got into that type of riding. I just don't ride it at all, hasn't moved in over a year and only started a couple times. I enjoy driving cars too much and it's always been like this.

The bike was a toy, and now I have one that allows me to take my someday family with me on the adventures. Plus my wife doesn't complain about the Jeep because she can drive it.

#1,655 ·
Sad to see her go. I just got back into riding after my 2-year hiatus. I too enjoy my Wrangler, but the riding itch hit hard this second year without a bike.

#1,656 ·
I hear ya there. When I sold the bike, it made room for me to purchase a brand new RAM 1500 in Sublime Green which is amazing to drive. Never thought I'd love a truck, but this thing is so nice.

I've yet to miss the bike, but I miss speed. Hopefully the new owner is enjoying it the way I should've.

#1,657 · (Edited)
Going to bump this to the top after selling the bike almost 4 years ago.

Since that day, I’ve never heard from the next owner, seen images of the bike or been able to locate it. No one on this site as far as I know has laid eyes on making it seem like it vanished, which is hard to believe.

I continue to wonder what happened, but may never know. If anyone has seen it, purchased it or knows the person who owns it, have them get ahold of me. I’d like to get an update on what’s happened in the almost 4 years since I let it go.

#1,659 ·
You know I thought my math was right. I looked at my join date, not the sale date. Thank you for catching that. It’s been almost 4 years, but feels like forever.

#1,660 ·
I still miss my 600rr. I imagine parts of my bike made it to hundreds of other bikes lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.