Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Trashed '04 to DD/Track bike

964 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  razor7 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

So I literally just purchased a 600rr that has been down a few times on both sides. Nothing huge, but work to be started on. I'll be asking for a bunch of parts to get the ball rolling.

2004 CBR 600RR
- 20k miles
- Moriwaki Slip-on
- '05 RR forks
- Sprocket teeth changed (haven't checked exact count yet)

I guarantee, it's much more trashed then these pictures make it out to seem. Almost all cosmetic, but both clip-ons are mismatched and crooked in their own ways.

I'm not new to rebuilding things with engines. This is the current car I drive:

This:rs25.com build thread

To this: Complete with full automatic to manual swap (including main loom)

And one of my previous bikes, my 1000RR:

Take it easy,
-TC

See less See more
#4 ·
Bitch please.

$2500 out the door. Figure after fairings and clip-on replacement, $3000 total.

20k miles, salvage title

...nice man...time to start a build thread?!
Yeah, once I have progress to show... Can't really ride it till I replace the levers and clip-ons - the front brake lever is bent to where at full lock left or right it rubs on fairings - I can't even u-turn without putting it in neutral and shuffling my feet. Haha

-TC

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks! Probably won't be a BOTM contender, but it'll definitely be made back to how it should be.

that 1000RR is a cutie
Yeah... I'll always miss that bike. First (and only so far) that I've crashed - I think memories like that stay with you for a while. Fantastic bike, but the main harness was fried between the rectifier and main harness - it blew stators and rectifiers every 200 miles, batteries every 600. It was time to move on to something that didn't need a full harness swap.

What sucks is just before that crash, I had just installed (the day before) full actual carbon fiber lowers. Needless to say, they were trashed and unrepairable afterwards... still have one hanging on my wall to remind me to not be a ******* idiot.

-TC

#9 ·
Nice find! Did the previous owner swap the forks out? Inverted forks started in '05 if Im not mistaken.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.