Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2012 Milan Bike Show - EICMA

10K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  Maaku 
#1 ·
I went to the Milan bike show yesterday to check out the new CBR600RR and the other endless supply of bikes they had. There are a tonne of photos of the new RR in another thread so I'll just repost 1 to start here because I couldn't get a full view of the bike due to the huge numbers of people there - the first shot was not taken by me, but by motoblog.it, the rest were. I'll put them up so you can see the details up close if you're interested. Here is a link to the photos from the other thread: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=3637005&postcount=388

Front lights and cowl:

Gauges:

Front end:

Front wheel:

Rear wheel and swingarm:

Exhaust and tail assembly:

Side cover for ABS version:

Repsol Colors:

Will put up pics of the new Kawi ZX-6R, Triumph 675 Daytona, KTM SuperDuke 1290 and some other stuff when I've got a bit more time.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Thanks, guys. Between people bumping me from the left and right, walking in front of me when I tried to take a pic with a better view and one guy stumbling over me when I leaned down to take a low angle shot, it's a miracle I got anything out of this. This show is massive. Will get the rest of the pics up later in the week - the wife's driving me nuts after spending half a day at the show 2 days ago then going for an awesome ride on probably the best road I've ever been on yesterday! :cruising:

Oh, and it's the 2012 show, with 2013 models. Oops.

#11 ·
The most impressive bike, imo, is the new Kawi ZX-6R (636). It looks really nice in person and has a great finish. This bike seems to stand above the other 600s with its extras from the last gen and the new upgrades, which you probably already know about.

Front end - not sure about those integrated lights; might look better in the mirrors, but otherwise it's very sharp:

Rear and undertail area - has a nice finish underneath and a tail-light visible from the sides:

Side view - I'm not keen on the exhaust, but an aftermarket part would fix that and the bike wouldn't need much else:

Another view from the back - best shot I managed of the gauges, etc.:

Upgrade 1:

Upgrade 2:

Doesn't look like it, but I couldn't really see the subframe so it wasn't clear. I doubt it would be an easy fix, if possible.

#12 ·
Very Nice. Thank you for the pics. I think the pics you took make it look better. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

#14 ·
Thanks, very kind of you to say. If it lives up to half of what they say, it'll be awesome.

Daymn looks like Kawi paid a bit more for the "model" lol Yup agree about the front lights, also not sure how i feel about the "ZZ" int in the rear tail light? The one with the Leo Can looks much better!
Yeah, Kawi definitely made more effort on the model front - they had more bikes to sit on and try as well. The Honda section was full of scooters. The Leo can is way better and I'm sure Arrow, Akra and the other usual suspects will come out with something decent, too. I see what you mean about the light, but it actually didn't look too bad in person.

#15 ·
I just want you to know (Maaku), that I am jealous as all hell..:fyou: :crackup:

Thanks for sharing the info/pics. *By the way, I'm sold on this one..the bike isn't half bad either.

#16 ·
I just want you to know (Maaku), that I am jealous as all hell..:fyou: :crackup:

Thanks for sharing the info/pics. *By the way, I'm sold on this one..the bike isn't half bad either.
Just for this fine response, I'll throw up this shot of her partner in crime at the HRC stand. More Honda pics and other bikes to come later.

#18 ·
RR does not look so bad. With the swingarm and frame blacked out I think it would look even more appealing like the ZX.

#20 ·
CBR500R - looks ok, but nothing special. I don't really like it much, but it'll fit the bill for people who want a faired bike that isn't too aggressive and is good for commuting, but still has some sportiness to it.

Rear - note the black swingarm (but a cheaper looking one than the RR), mirrors, comfy rearsets, keyhole in the side of the rear fairing and apparently digital gauge - I didn't bother looking closely enough to see too much with this one.

Front - again, the mirrors look better than our RR, but not much; decent wheels and they kept the third eye.

Triumph Daytona 675 - WAY better in person. Great finish and felt a little smaller than the last version, but you'll obviously have to check yourself to know.

Front:

Front left - nice Ohlins and Brembo bits,

Rear right - new exhaust looks a whole lot better than it first did and an aftermarket one would be even better (I don't mind it like this);

Rear left - frame and subframe look decent in person, too. They flow pretty well with the bike's lines.

Fairing detail - more clearly shown here, but not the best focus.

Rear right - red version, there's another regular Daytona 675 with a blue lower that looks good, too.

Honestly, it doesn't make much sense because they made a black swingarm for the cheaper CBR500R.

#21 ·
I think the 675R is an incredible bike, especially for the price and for all it comes with. I sat on last years model and it just didn't fit me right. Wonder if the seating is any different on the new one.

#22 ·
It definitely is, but I don't know if it'll feel better or not for other riders. When I first sat on one of them a few years ago and last year, I could barely get one foot on the ground - I'm 5'3". This one felt like my '09 RR, which I can tippy-toe both feet on or get a solid plant on one sliding off just a little. I was able to bend my elbows a little leaned over so the ergos seem a little more forgiving. I would consider this bike now - I wouldn't have before just because I didn't feel comfortable on it and don't want to mess with the suspension.

#24 · (Edited)
As I walked around, who turned up on stage but Max Biaggi! He was pretty cool and answered questions from the audience after a short presentation. One audience member asked "Who do you think is the best Moto2 rider right now?"

Max, sounding a little bored by the question: "Mmm, yeah, I don't really know, they're all good. You know, they all have great talent and potential and I wouldn't like to say." Something like that, but my Italian's not super fluent so take that as a loose translation.

Meanwhile, I decided to check out the scooters. I only ride my RR out of the city, never to commute - too much of a pain for many reasons not worth listing here. Found some interesting stuff:

^ oops, cut that one off a bit...

This post has been deleted
#30 ·
Finally edited a few more shots.

The Bimota DB11 looked very nice:

Brammo was there again with a sportified version of its Empulse RR - I think it looks great and suspect my next bike could be electric the way they're moving forward with design:

Akrapovic introduced this concept bike - very interesting:

Headbanger, Italy's answer to HD, had some sweet models:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.