Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

848 crash

1K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  1/4milecrazy 
#1 ·

im no expert but it looked to me he was getting his bike too low compared to his body position, and his body was so straight wasn't sticking out at all

at least hes ok though

#4 · (Edited)
My theory: His body position didn't doom him. Not great form but I don't think he was pushing it to the point where that sort of thing would make a great difference. To me it looks like he was maybe carrying more lean angle than needed and might have gotten away with that too. Looks like he tucked the front wheel though himself in trying to make a line correction while leaned so far over.

#5 ·
Looks like he came into the turn ok, started to move off the line and immediately tucked the wheel to reposition, dumping the bike in the process, maybe because he was already nervous about the turn. He looked like he had tonnes of road left to work with and didn't need to do that.

#7 ·
:+1: i agree, might have put a glance on the crowd and saw the cop... i know that at times riding when the camera guys are out i tend to look as well, and only takes a second to loose focus and be down...

#9 ·
If you watch the slow motion, he is trying to turn the wheel to the left. Looks like thats what causes it to tuck. I'll be riding this road Saturday

#18 ·
Looks to me as though all three of the above caused him to crash. Bad BP caused excessive lean angle. He was riding at 100% of his ability. When he saw the cop he didnt have enough ability to keep him on the sticky side.

Just goes to show that Ducatis handle just the same as a CBR, a GSX-R or an Aprillia if the rider doesn't know WTF he is doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.