Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Official 2013 Honda CBR600RR Pics / Info

128K views 424 replies 134 participants last post by  dreamzboy 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT

Well not quite yet... Haha

But in all seriousness, I work for a Honda dealer and today they finally released to us when we will finally find out about a few 2013 Honda models that they have been keeping a secret.

Honda of Chattanooga Blog 2013 CBR600RR Still working on getting pricing etc up.

Not sure if this video has been posted by anyone yet but figured I would upload it real quick just to show you what we see as dealers as far as info goes on the 2013 CBR600RR.

I'm not trying to advertise the dealer I work for so I hope this isn't taken that way, just wanted to let you guys know what just popped up for us as dealers. If it is against the rules technically just let me know and I'll keep my mouth shut ;)

See less See more
#149 ·
Personally there is not enough for me to get rid of my 08 but I dont know what you guys are fussin about. I think the bike looks great. I like how they show the engine again instead of covering it up like on the 09s. The tail vents are sweet and those wheels are amazing. Crossing fingers older models can use them. I can understand the front end responses but still it looks better than everything else on the market... esp the 636 which is one hideous looking bike imo. I hope this new cbr takes the reins back in the shoot outs. Either way the cbr500 is awesome news...cant wait for my sister to move up from the cbr250.

#150 ·
I have to admit that showing the engine again is nice (unlike my 09) which also probably means that Honda went to some lengths to reduce the size of the C-ABS modules which also probably means lower weight (the old system added around 20 pounds to the weight of the bike if I remember well enough) which is all well and good but I can't help thinking that the engine showing and the tail vents are detailed and while they add to the whole package they can't make up for things like the all red colour scheme on the ABS model, at least not for me anyway!

#152 ·
And they wonder why 600's dont sell anymore. I mean really Honda, think about what you just did. You went back in styling, you gave us a different wheel, which is probably heavier? and a BPF fork, well I say BFD I will for sure keep my better looking 2008. I will tell you what they will do too. You guys ready here it comes for their 2 year update they will enclose the fairing and say its better in the wind tunnel for transitioning from high speed corners. Wow you also gave us a LED tail light wow big seller. That all red one looks like a VFR from the 90's. I am so glad I bought the Kawasaki 636 this year. Big let down....

#155 ·
#161 · (Edited)
finally have a tail light ON the tail section.

i want to know if it has a slipper.
Are you kidding, of course not! If it isn't part of the innovations list on the website then it certainly doesn't exist for now.

Now I appreciate the BPF, LED tail light and that's about it.

Only colour I would buy is the Repsol, the others suck hardcore.

The rims (which maybe I should reserve judgment on until I see them in person) for now, suck. Much prefer the trispokes.

The nose is unique but not sporty enough, the 636 looks better IMO.

Definite no from me.

Lets see how the performance fares.

#160 ·
Yep not impressed at all....

The front looks far to tame, for me the newer R6 has the best looking front, (looks like an evil insect) If they had added a slipper clutch they would have said.

Its not a bad looking bike and there are some positives for me, i like the fact that they have kept the tail pipe where it is, i like seeing a little engine and the vents on the rear are great but i really was expecting something that was going to blow me away and it hasn't...

This post has been deleted
#164 ·
hmm wheels and BPF, are good yea but I dont like those headlights from the side and how they're sunk in, from the front they're alright

but really a good condition 2007? would you really buy the 2013 instead for more than double the price(easy)?

I wanted the blade and I still want that 2012 blade
short answer...No

but seriously take one look at honda's motogp bike that just won the 61st constructors championship and then look at this new cbr. Tons of similarities.

If I was looking at 2013 model 600cc bikes this is the one I would get. I cant wait for everyone to change face once this thing gets reviews/ people start seeing it in person.

#165 ·
I took the liberty to do a revision of the 2013 600RR. Just a quick pencil job.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#168 ·
Are you guys blind? That front looks NOTHING like an r6. Not even close.
You like it or not that's a different story. I'm not even sure if I like it yet but I applaud them for making it unique. It looks NOTHING like any other bike now.

If anything it looked more like an R6 in the previous year cause of the seperated headlights with a sharper nose.

This goes to show that whatever they do with styling doesn't matter for so many people since they can't even see the design or perceive it right

#171 ·
Well THIS is an interesting development...

Word on the street is that the Honda press team accidentally released a crappy drawing from the son of the lead 600rr engineer.

Here is the REAL 2013 CBR600rr:

I better get love for this, paint is a horrible program to use when :drunk:
WOOW, this RR is great, I knew Honda had it in them. Now we are talking, I am going to buy it. I am heading to Suzuki right now!

#172 ·
pretty sure the old r6 is what we were getting at hell thats exactly what sin said.

as for the bike its self its still a honda and im sure it will still perform well. i think most are just disappointed at all the hype of it being all new for 2013 and being relatively unchanged as far as the mech side of the bike goes.

#173 ·
well kinda what i thought i guess, just an update
"Honda’s CBR600RR has long been heralded as the best all-around 600-class sportbike the world has ever seen. A winner both on and off the track, it offers a perfect balance of high-revving power, precise handling, light weight, and a compact overall size.

And for 2013 the best just got a whole lot better. We’ve given the CBR600RR some major updates, including new 12-spoke wheels, revised ECU settings, and a fine-tuned ram-air system to increase torque. Best of all, the CBR600RR gets a new “Big Piston” fork and retuned rear shock. And it’s all wrapped up in some sharp new bodywork. There’s even a version with Honda’s revolutionary Electronic Combined Anti-Lock Braking System (C-ABS), the first ever on a production Supersport motorcycle."

not overly impressed to be honest. Glad the can stays put, we'll have to wait and see how it fairs in the market? for me buying a new six, id be serioulsy looking at the new Kawi 636

#174 ·
Yep, not a fan of the new look. Good looking integrated taillight but the front end looks like it was chopped off

#178 ·
I'm going to give that bodywork some time to grow on me before I make a statement.

So very very happy that they are keeping the undertail exhaust.

Love the integrated tail light, upgraded suspension and wheels.

If only Honda had thrown in a 675 triple... Since that's where everything is headed these days... I hope Honda does like Porsche and upgrades motors on their existing platforms halfway through model years....

That said, I am glad Mr. Strife lived up to his name. :popcorn:

#179 ·
Same turn signals, same swingarm, same engine, same headlights-only they're horizontal? Same tail from 03-06, taillight is back to where it originally was, after "briefly" being put in a stupid place. Same red/blue from the 90's.
Half of this "new" bike is 10 years old.

Of course, the 600rr has always been the standard. But that standard is getting old now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.