Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

R.i.p * 4

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  hxccalinip 
#1 ·
hi all

ive been trying to find an english newspaper article about this accident but its only been published locally in afrikaans.

ill summarise though:

motorcycle t-boned car. the bike penetrated the car and eneded up on the laps of the two girls in the back seat (went to school with one of the girls, took her to prom 12 years ago in our final year, but then lost contact). it sounds like the rider was also found inside the car!

the car then caught fire. the front passenger succeeded in dragging the driver out of the car but she was dead, the rider and 2 girls in the back burnt beyond recognition, but was probably dead on impact already.

it is said the bike was racing (2 other bikes involved left the scene).

the girls were returning from their year end function.

RIP Natasha.

the afrikaans article containing photo of the scene: http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Vier-sterf-in-vlambotsing-20121120

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Sorry to hear man. Horrible story and I'm sorry for your lose. I used Google to translate it for you.

Hilda Fourie and Nicolize van der Walt

A Hairdresser of Hartbeespoort her best friend and colleague dragged from a car after a motorcycle allegedly participated in an illegal straatren drove into their car.

The colleague-girlfriend and two of their colleagues, as well as the motorcyclist, died in the crash Monday night.

By Monday afternoon, Michelle de Klerk (24) not a single tear shed not about the death of her friend, Wendri Eloff (22), and two colleagues, Natasha Fourie (32) and Chantelle the Lura, her mother, Freda the clerk, said.
Michelle has a broken rib, bruises and cuts sustained.

William Grundling, the motorcyclist, was a member of the-Mac's motorcycle club.

The four women, all hairdressers at Innovative Hair Design in Hartbeespoort, at about 18:45 on the way back home after their jaarafsluitingsgeselligheid in Sun City.

Ao. Sam Tselanyane, a police spokesman, said the women of the N4 on the R512 (old Rustenburg Road) commented.

According Tselanyane 'a motorcyclist (Grundling), which drove in the direction of Hartbeespoort, the women's Volkswagen Polo hit in the middle.

"Just after the collision, a fire broke out and three passengers as well as the motorcyclist died at the scene.

"Three of the bodies burned beyond recognition," said Tselanyane.

Verster Eloff was shortly after the crash in which his sister was on the scene.

According to him, witnesses said three motorcycles moments before the collision races. After the collision, the other two motorcyclists sped away.

"The motorcycle hit the car and landed in the car where Chantelle and Natasha sat behind."

It was horrible for him to see his younger sister so.

Wendri daughter of Wendri Eloff Oosthuizen, director of the service center in Potchefstroom.

Clerk sr., A businesswoman from Hartbeespoort near Klerksdorp, said her daughter was "unnaturally calm" after the collision. "My child, the true facts and I visited that everyone's parents and tell them the story.

"It will give her and their closure. The motorcycles chased and hit the car. They just simply sped away.

"She and Wendri best friends. She Wendri out of the car and an unidentified man helped her. She could, Chantelle not get out because the car started burning.

"She told me (Saturday) as 19:00 called and shouted over the phone there was a crash and car fire."

Clerk sr. said they are thankful to the Lord because her daughter almost unscathed, but her heart goes out to the parents whose children died.

Michelle is expected to begin intensive psychological therapy.

Marius and Hildegardt Fourie told their only daughter, Natasha, the morning before the collision changed her BlackBerry messaging profile photo and said how nice it at Sun City.

"Some of her friends said she thoroughly enjoyed it very swam the highest slide drove and had a lot of fun,'' said Marius. The couple are advised not to self-identify their child's body.

"It's so painful and unreal,'' her mother said.

On the table in the living room is an open Bible and a framed photo of Natasha smile.

"But this consolation at least we know where she is ..." said Hildegardt.

Innovation Hair Design was closed yesterday afternoon. Standing in front of the salon numerous bunches of flowers.

Chantelle's family could not be traced.

#6 ·
Damn I don't want this too come out wrong but I really do hope the two girls in the back were killed on impact. Being that the other cause of death would be being burnt alive.

May they RIP.
the physics of fitting a motorcycle, a door and 3 people into the back of a small sedan tells me they felt no pain, for which i am glad. this is such a tradgedy.

#7 ·
Terrible. Stupid people racing on streets. Not the first time I ever heard of bikes ending up inside a car. So often you hear people say it's a 400 lb bike what harm can it do?? Here's your worst case scenario. Sorry your friend was killed op. I would be pretty heartbroken if someone is knew died for such a dumb pointless reason.

#11 ·
Very sad to hear this. Similar story happened here near me a few years ago. Rider was doing 50mph over speed limit down residential street. Small car pulled out of drive. T boned car through back door/back seat. Cut car in half, cut rider in half, dismembered bike, dismembered child in rear seat. Totally sad. Totally stupid. Totally unnecessary. Definition of a squid. Spineless, cold blooded, and with very little brains. I take that back. The aquatic squid is a relatively clever creature. The two wheeled squid not living up to the difference in evolution from the sea creature. Be careful out there guys. Being a good rider has more involved than bike handling skills and bravery. It also involves having a brain and a conscience.

#13 ·
guys this gets worse. there is another article in the same paper today where the police say they currently have no evidence that the bike was racing or speeding for that matter. the rider was on his way home after celebrating his ENGAGEMENT with his friends. he leaves behind his fiancee and a 16 year old son.

#14 ·
Horrible way to go :| Sorry for the loss!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.