Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

46 back on the M1 ***SPOILER***

65K views 539 replies 46 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 · (Edited)

"The final race in Valencia will be “very emotional,” Rossi said, “because I find a good atmosphere and good people to work and to make the race together. And I always make a group with my team, but not for choice, but because is like this. Maybe it’s my character. For sure it will be very hard to say ciao to the guys. But at the same time we’re not able to achieve any good results so is a good decision for me and I cannot wait to ride the M1.”

He also talks about Stoner being the only one to "master" the Duc

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_..._forward_to_yamaha/viewall.html#ixzz2B1iwqnRs

I'm looking foward to watching VR next season already, sad i know :p

See less See more
#400 ·
Rossi on family, racing, rivals, Honda and Ducati

Valentino Rossi has provided Movistar TV journalist Ernest Riveras with an in-depth interview at Misano, covering topics such as his relationship with his parents, his racing idols and his times with Honda and Ducati.

Having qualified on the front row for Sunday’s race at his home track, Rossi is in a good position to produce another memorable performance in front of the Italian fans.

With the Misano circuit being just a short drive from his home town of Tavullia this is always a special weekend on the MotoGP™ calendar for Rossi, though of course riding at home brings extra responsibility.

He commented, “It’s quite hard. On the one hand it’s really nice because perhaps after talking to you I can go home and eat there, which is obviously convenient, but on the other hand I have so many friends and family who want to come to the race. It’s tricky, you have to manage the situation carefully.”

Regarding who will be there to support him, he was asked if his father Graziano would be at the track. “Actually, he has come to less races this year,” replied Rossi. “He comes when he can and we always talk about the technical side of things. Sometimes he helps to explain how I can ride well or the reason why I might not have beaten someone. It’s always interesting to explain to him what we are doing on the bike and get his point of view.”

About his mother, Rossi added, “She comes to some races, not all of them, but that’s ok. When she comes sometimes I tense up and feel more pressure. She also thinks she knows a lot about bikes, she talks to me about the front tyre, the bike settings and how to go fast on the corners. I always just say, ‘Yes mum, ok, ok!”

Rossi also recognizes that for his brother Luca Marini the going could be tough given that he has such a famous and successful older sibling. “Yes, it is very difficult for him. He has some advantages, but there are also many drawbacks. His choice to become a rider is a brave one. But he's good, he goes very fast. We have a problem, because he is getting too tall, taller than me, but he likes riding, he is passionate.”

Quizzed about his view on this year’s dominance of the premier class by Marc Marquez and the suggestion that when Rossi was similarly dominant on the Honda certain people claimed it was the bike that made the difference, the Italian noted, “Honda are very strong, that's fine; it is probably the best bike at this time. But in any case, Marc, both this year and last has made ​​a difference in a situation exactly the same as when I did well with Honda. The Honda was the best bike, but Gibernau, Biaggi, my teammate, Hayden and Ukawa also had Hondas. But we don’t know if I won because I had the Honda. So I had to go to Yamaha and I think I have shown that I won because I was the strongest.”

Asked about the importance of surrounding himself with a trusted team, just as Marquez has done this year, Rossi commented: “For me that is very important because you need to have good, skilled people doing their jobs around you, of course, but it is also important to have people that you can trust, and there are not many. I like having a family atmosphere when I'm here at the races, because they make me feel calm and I know I can just focus on riding the bike.”

Rossi also took the opportunity to clarify recent quotes he had made where it was interpreted that he had regretted his decision to ride for Ducati for two seasons.

“Honestly, when I was asked again about it I couldn’t remember the comments well. The sentence was within a larger statement. In a certain sense I have not regretted having gone to Ducati, because it was a major challenge and if I had also managed to win with Ducati it would have been something very special, because it was an Italian rider with an Italian bike. But as I said, unfortunately, it was a mistake because I did not win and, therefore, if I had stayed at Yamaha certainly I could have won other races and fought for the title, which I didn’t do with Ducati. But if I had to go back, I would do it again.”

One thing Rossi says he would not do again is put up a wall between his side of the Yamaha garage and Lorenzo’s side.

He explained, “No, I wouldn’t, because it didn’t help. I hoped that, with the wall, the data wouldn’t be transferred between the two teams. But the wall was there and the data was shared. But it was a mistake on my part. It all started because, for all I had done for Yamaha, after so many years that they did not win and then they won again, I expected more recognition. I did not expect them to put Jorge Lorenzo in the team, because Jorge was already very strong.”

“But then over the years and reconsidering it with a cool head, Yamaha did well, they were right, because it is right that a team like Yamaha Factory has two riders who can win and recognition in sport is something relative. But it was right because for Yamaha it was very important to have Jorge Lorenzo and therefore I think they made the right choice. Now I’m very pleased to make a team with him. Also because, at first, the first year, he learned a lot from me, but in these years I am also learning a lot from him and, therefore, the important thing is to try to have the two bikes at the front, to try and beat the Honda and if there are two of us it’s easier. But a teammate is always a rival.”

Finally, Rossi was asked which past riders he would have most liked to have measured himself against. The Doctor replied: "I would have liked to see how Giacomo Agostini rode and certainly Mike Hailwood, who are probably the two greatest ever. But I would have also liked competing against Schwantz and Rainey, Doohan and Lawson. Those 500cc years were really historical.”

Reactions: CBR Time
#401 · (Edited by Moderator)
WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::banger::rocker::cheers::wave:

WOW so very happy for Vale today, really too bad for Marc :( god i would have loved to see that battle!! Marco is looking down today with big smiles :)

Rossi claims first win of 2014 as Marquez crashes
The home crowd went wild at Misano on Sunday as Valentino Rossi took his first victory since Assen last year, with Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa also on the podium, whilst Marc Marquez finished 15th after a crash.
Nine time World Champion Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) took the lead in the early laps after getting in front of pole man Lorenzo and then asserting his authority in an early battle with Marquez. On the 10th lap Marquez went down at Rio corner when in second place and whilst he restarted his RC213V he could not achieve more than a solitary point.

Rossi kept the hammer down at the front to eventually win by 1.578s and reach the milestone of 5000 Grand Prix points in style. It is the 107th victory of Rossi’s remarkable career.

Yeah he'll be walking home today hahahaha

#402 ·
1 point now from Dani

Race Results:
1 25 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 160.4 44'14.586
2 20 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 160.3 +1.578
3 16 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 160.2 +4.276
4 13 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 160.1 +5.510
5 11 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 159.7 +11.771
6 10 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 159.3 +18.999
7 9 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 159.0 +23.100
8 8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 158.2 +36.458
9 7 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 158.1 +38.480
10 6 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 157.7 +45.878
11 5 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 157.2 +54.765
12 4 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 157.1 +56.775
13 3 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 156.7 +1'02.734
14 2 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 156.1 +1'13.546
15 1 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 156.0 +1'15.948
16 2 Leon CAMIER GBR Drive M7 Aspar Honda 155.7 +1'20.760
17 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 155.4 +1'26.422
18 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 154.5 1 Lap
19 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Avintia 154.5 1 Lap

Current Points:
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 289
2 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 215
3 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 214
4 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 177
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 142
6 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 98
7 Aleix ESPARGARO Forward Yamaha SPA 92
8 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 92
9 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 74
10 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 74
11 Alvaro BAUTISTA Honda SPA 64
12 Scott REDDING Honda GBR 54
13 Cal CRUTCHLOW Ducati GBR 47
14 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 43
15 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 38
16 Karel ABRAHAM Honda CZE 33
17 Nicky HAYDEN Honda USA 29
18 Colin EDWARDS Forward Yamaha USA 11
19 Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 11
20 Broc PARKES PBM AUS 7
21 Mike DI MEGLIO Avintia FRA 4
22 Danilo PETRUCCI ART ITA 4
23 Alex DE ANGELIS Forward Yamaha RSM 3
24 Michael LAVERTY PBM GBR 2
25 Hector BARBERA Avintia SPA 2
26 Leon CAMIER Honda GBR 1

#410 ·
Longest winning career in Grand Prix racing for Rossi
This makes Rossi the rider with the longest winning career of all-time in all classes of Grand Prix racing, taking this record from Loris Capirossi as shown in the list below.

Rossi’s Misano triumph occurred precisely 18 years and 27 days after his first win in 1996 in the lightweight category. This beats the previous record held by Capirossi who won the MotoGP™ race in Japan in 2007, 17 years and 49 days after he won the 125cc race at the 1990 British Grand Prix.

Rider - First GP win - Last GP win - Length of winning GP career

1. Valentino Rossi - 125cc/Czech/1996 - MotoGP/San Marino/2014 - 18 years 27 days

2. Loris Capirossi - 125cc/GB/1990 - MotoGP/Japan/2007 - 17 years 49 days

3. Angel Nieto - 50cc/E. Germany/1969 - 80cc/France/1985 - 16 years 8 days

4. Phil Read - 350cc/GB/1961 - 500cc/Czech/1975 - 14 years 71 days

5. Loris Reggiani - 125cc/GB/1980 - 250cc/Czech/1993 - 13 years 12 days

6. Dani Pedrosa - 125cc/Dutch TT/2002 - MotoGP/Czech/2014 - 12 years 49 days

7. Max Biaggi - 250cc/South Africa/1992 - MotoGP/Germany/2004 - 11 years 315 days

8. Toni Mang - 125cc/W. Germany/1976 - 250cc/Japan/1988 - 11 years 211 days

9. Alex Barros - 500cc/FIM/1993 - MotoGP/Portugal/2005 - 11 years 204 days

10. Luigi Taveri - 125cc/Spain/1955 - 125cc/Italy/1966 - 11 years 133 days

The victory at Misano for Rossi also extended his record for longest winning career in the premier class of Grand Prix racing. Rossi already held that record after winning at Assen last year, but he has now extended his premier class ‘winning period’ to 14 years and 67 days since his British Grand Prix victory in 2000.

Meanwhile, Rossi’s win at Misano also made him the tenth oldest rider of all-time to win a premier class Grand Prix, as shown in the following table:

Rider - Age at last premier class win - Race

1. Fergus Anderson - 44 years 237 days - 500cc/Spain/1953/Montjuich

2. Jack Findlay - 42 years 85 days - 500cc/Austria/1977/Salzburgring

3. Les Graham - 41 years 21 days - 500cc/Spain/1952/Montjuich

4. Jack Ahearn - 39 years 327 days - 500cc/Finland/1964/Imatra

5. Harold Daniell - 39 years 240 days - 500cc/Britain/1949/Isle of Man TT

6. Frantisek Stastny - 38 years 247 days - 500cc/East Germany/1966/Sachsenring

7. Nello Pagani - 37 years 328 days - 500cc/Nations/1949/Monza

8. Troy Bayliss - 37 years 213 days - MotoGP/Valencia/2006/Ricardo Tormo

9. Phil Read - 36 years 235 days - 500cc/Czech/1975/Brno

10. Valentino Rossi - 35 years 210 days - MotoGP/San Marino/2014/Misano

#412 · (Edited)
@ Aragon: Poor Vale :( glad he was ok though, craziest race thus far
1 25 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 158.0 44'20.406
2 20 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 157.4 +10.295
3 16 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 157.4 +10.312
4 13 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 157.3 +11.718
5 11 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 156.3 +29.483
6 10 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 156.2 +29.686
7 9 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 156.2 +29.763
8 8 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 155.8 +37.841
9 7 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Drive M7 Aspar Honda 155.5 +42.957
10 6 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 154.9 +53.937
11 5 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Octo IodaRacing Team ART 154.5 +59.824
12 4 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 154.5 +1'00.718
13 3 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 153.6 +1'15.227
14 2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 153.1 +1'24.526
15 1 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 152.4 +1'38.255
16 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 150.2 1 Lap
17 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 148.7 1 Lap
18 23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 148.7 1 Lap
19 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Ducati 145.7 1 Lap
Not Classified
4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 163.6 5 Laps
46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 164.1 20 Laps
29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 160.8 22 Laps
17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 154.1 22 Laps

Updated Points:
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 292
2 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 217
3 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 214
4 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 202
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 142
6 Aleix ESPARGARO Forward Yamaha SPA 112
7 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 108
8 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 92
9 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 87
10 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 85

#413 ·
Ezpeleta: ‘Rossi is an example to all riders’
The first point to be covered by Mr Ezpeleta was why the start of the 2015 World Championship has been put back one week provisionally, compared with 2014. Mr Ezpeleta, “The clash with another sports event, a big football match in the Spanish league is one reason, as it not only affects a significant market such as Spain but that match attracts global interest. However, there were other equally important matters to consider, like the fact that there will now not be so many weeks between Qatar and Austin, which caused some complaints last year. It’s also better to start later as there should be less moisture in Qatar, which is always a concern with the night race.”

The provisional schedule announced on Friday includes 18 Grands Prix, as is the case this year, with Brazil once again not featuring. Mr Ezpeleta stated, “The circuit has not been completed. We preferred to wait this time, and we have total faith that for 2016 it will be ready. For this season we had a lot of demand from countries who want to come in and it is too soon to advance further developments. What is certain is that there will still be four races in Spain, because they all have an existing contract. From 2016 we'll see.”

Meanwhile in terms of MotoGP manufacturers, the forthcoming regulation changes for 2016 are encouraging constructors such as Suzuki and Aprilia to make a return to Grand Prix, with KTM also aiming to enter the premier class in 2017.

Mr Ezpeleta commented, “We are not talking with any one manufacturer, it's the brands themselves who according to the regulations decide that they are interested in coming. It's what we expected. We have not been to see anyone to tell them to come to MotoGP. Before the announcement of the standard ECU, Suzuki had already expressed an interest in returning. Aprilia initially said they would return in 2016 and have come back one year earlier.”

Regarding the benefits of the Open regulation to manufacturers such as Ducati, Ezpeleta noted, “There is a consensus among the three current manufacturers. It is a policy that favors the Open bikes and manufacturers that have not won anything in recent years, or are returning to racing. Based on results they will lose the soft tyre. I think no one would be happier than Ducati to lose these benefits immediately. The same applies to Suzuki next year.”

Regarding Moto3™ frontrunner Miller’s arrival in MotoGP next year, Mr. Ezpeleta said, “It's an individual’s choice. We think it's normal to go through Moto2. The impression we have, and the impression given to us by those who have gone through Moto2 to get to MotoGP is that it's a great training ground. But if you want to skip a category it’s a decision for you and your team.”

Meanwhile, on the role of highly popular and successful Italian rider Rossi in the World Championship, following his recent superb win at Misano, Mr. Ezpeleta noted, “He is a pillar of the championship, but not the only important pillar. I've never hidden that for us Valentino is someone special. He is 35 years-old but I think that age is not what defines you, it is the desire you have. I think physically he is similar to when he was 25. In his case I think it is the opposite even, that he is fitter than he was then. Regarding how iconic he is, above all he’s a great rider, he loves his job. With his qualities, he is someone who is able to reinvent himself, to use a bike that does not suit his riding style, he understands that it is fast. He is an example of what we think a rider should be.”

#414 ·
MotoGP Aragon: Valentino Rossi accident update

“Valentino suffered a concussion with a suspected loss of consciousness”

Valentino Rossi escaped serious injury in Sunday's Aragon MotoGP accident, but remains under observation.

Rossi was putting pressure on Dani Pedrosa for third place early in the race when he ran off track in a downhill section. He then highsided from his Movistar Yamaha - sending bike and rider tumbling roughly to a halt.

The Italian, winner of the previous Misano round, was taken away on a stretcher, heading first for the circuit Medical Centre and then a CT scan at Alcaniz hospital. The seven time MotoGP champion's physical condition will be checked again by the Clinica Mobile later today.

Michele Zasa, Clinica Mobile Medical Director, said: “Valentino suffered a concussion with a suspected loss of consciousness. From a neurological point of view he has recovered very well.

“He was taken to hospital in Alcaniz to make a further check, in particular a CT scan of the skull that has ruled out any bleeding in the brain. As a precaution he will be observed in the coming hours, but there are no special reasons for concern.”

Movistar Yamaha team director Massimo Meregalli added: "Vale was riding very well up to his crash, it's a pity because after his out lap he said the changes we made were perfect and he felt the bike was working well.

"We are not clear yet on the cause of the crash but he was clearly riding with potential to finish on the podium. Fortunately he seems to be fine and has been taken to the hospital as a precautionary check up following an initial check at the Medical Centre."

Rossi had closed to within one point of Pedrosa and second in the world championship prior to Sunday's race. However Pedrosa also made a mistake late in the race and the pair are now separated by only three points with four rounds remaining.

The Italian's team-mate Jorge Lorenzo won the race, which saw late bike swaps due to steadily increasing rain.

The next round of the championship takes place at Motegi, Japan on October 10-12.

#415 ·
valention Rossi discharges himself from the hospital

"Although the local doctor wanted to keep him at the hospital overnight, Valentino discharged himself

MotoGP star Valentino Rossi has discharged himself from hospital and returned to the Aragon circuit.

Rossi was sent for precautionary scans after a heavy accident early in Sunday's race, during which the Italian suffered 'concussion with a suspected loss of consciousness'.

In a Sunday evening update, Clinica Mobile Medical Director Michele Zasa said: “Valentino is progressing very well. In Alcaniz the CT scan was negative and although the local doctor wanted to keep him at the hospital overnight, Valentino discharged himself.

“Now he's in his motorhome relaxing, and in any case the Clinica Mobile is keeping him under observation for the whole night. From a neurological point of view he has fully recovered and at the moment he's fine so we'll keep on taking care of him overnight and hopefully by tomorrow morning everything is going to be ok.”

Rossi fell after running wide on a downhill section, almost clipping third place Dani Pedrosa before highsiding as he crossed astroturf on the edge of the race track. The incident is sure to raise questions about the use of low grip astroturf, which meant Rossi lost control before reaching the asphalt run-off area.

Pedrosa crashed later in the race and Rossi is now battling both the Honda rider and Aragon winning Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo for second in the world championship.

#416 ·
Rossi on MotorLand crash: 'I’m fine, everything is ok'
On Monday morning Rossi underwent a new medical check with Dr. Michele Zasa from Clinica Mobile.

After the check Rossi returned to the garage where Movistar Yamaha MotoGP members and teammate Jorge Lorenzo were shooting a TV commercial for Movistar.

The following questions were put to Valentino as he missed yesterday’s post-race media debrief and TV interviews.

Valentino, how are you today?
"I’m fine, everything is ok, and this is the most important thing. I did not injure myself too much except for a big bump to the head. Last night I had a little headache but today I'm fine, I'm 100%. It was a real shame because before the race we made a change that would have helped me a lot; the bike was strong, I was going well, I had recovered the gap in the first few laps and I was there with the leading riders. I felt good and I am sure I could have made a good race, so it was a real shame to fall. In a way I'm almost glad because even though we had a difficult weekend on Sunday we were competitive and this was supposed to be a track that is not very good for us."

Have you watched the race? What can you say about your crash and about your rivals’ race?
"Unfortunately, like Iannone I went onto the artificial grass. This is always very dangerous and especially in these cases because the track was still wet from the morning shower and there was nothing to be done. Marc and Dani tried to stay on track on the slick tyres but they took a big risk and in fact they crashed. In my case, if I had gone off track one meter before, I would have just gone wide, instead I touched the grass and I fell."

We have a triple header of back-to-back races ahead of us in Asia and Australia. How do you see the coming races?"Now there are three races in a row, three races that are all beautiful and I know all tracks very well. I like all of them a lot. I will try to do my best as we have done in the last races."

#418 ·
Vale gave Marc a bit of a fight, but in the end MM93 passed him to take his second world championship!!! just glad he was on the podium to share his moment
Rossi congratulates Marquez on World title win
The nine time World Champion made an excellent start from the front row of the grid, leading through the opening turns. Rossi was able to extend his lead, running at the front for the opening four laps.

Lap five saw Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) get past Rossi and create a comfortable lead. The Italian then focused on staying ahead of Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) and keeping the World Championship alive, even if for just another race.

The pair battled during the middle of the race with Marquez eventually getting the upper hand on Lap 16. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) closed in drastically on Rossi, pushing the Italian to improve his pace as the race drew to a close.

Rossi finished half a second ahead of Pedrosa at the flag and is now level on points with the Spaniard in the battle for second.

Rossi reflected on the race, “I had a small chance to keep the championship party open, I wanted to keep it open another race. Marc’s advantage was very big, but maybe we could keep it open still. I tried my maximum, especially with Pedrosa behind me at the end. I had a good pace but Marquez had something a little extra so it was impossible. I think this was a higher level race to the rest of the season, so I’m satisfied with how we went. We were always on the lap record pace and no one made a mistake.”

“It’s not for the World Championship, but for second place the battle will be very high level. Me, Dani and Jorge are all very strong and our teams are all working at the top. Jorge is in great shape and I’m very worried about him! Our target is to win again. I think that Marc deserves the championship; he won a lot of races and in a lot of conditions. He doesn’t make mistakes and he improved his level so congratulations to Marc,” he finished.

#419 ·
WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a crazy crashed filled race , VR46 taking the win, both Reps out, poor Cal who made it to P2 crashed :( BSmith first podium for him!
Rossi takes 82nd premier class victory in incident packed race
Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) started from eighth on the grid in his 250th appearance in the premier class and was there to take advantage as Marquez crashed out of the race lead with 10 laps to go.

It is Rossi’s 108th career win and his 82nd in the top class of Grand Prix racing. The result is also the first all Yamaha podium since Le Mans 2008.

His teammate Lorenzo took second place even though his pace faded towards the end, with Cal Crutchlow crashing out ahead of him when in second on the last lap. Monster Yamaha Tech3’s Smith got his first MotoGP podium as nine riders either crashed or failed to finish, many of them frontrunners in the race.

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) crossed the line fourth, with Hector Barbera (Avintia Racing) as high as fifth. In his 200th Grand Prix race Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) was sixth and his teammate Scott Redding seventh.

Hiroshi Aoyama (Drive M7 Aspar), Alex de Angelis (NGM Forward Racing) and Nicky Hayden (Drive M7 Aspar) completed the top ten.

With the pressure off and the MotoGP™ title retained last weekend in Japan, Marquez had fired away at the front looking for a 12th win of the year and attempting to equal Mick Doohan’s record from 1997 for most premier-class GP wins in a single season. But Marquez’s race ended as he lost the front end coming out of Lukey Heights when he led by four seconds.

Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing) was an early faller. Also early on Iannone (Pramac Racing) came into contact with the rear of Pedrosa’s bike, ending his race. The contact resulted in Pedrosa entering the pits due to bike damage.

Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP) clashed with the rear of Aleix Espargaro’s bike, causing the German to fall unhurt. Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) was forced to stop off several corners later due to the damage to his bike. Broc Parks (Paul Bird Motorsport) entered the pits and retired at mid race distance.

Late on Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) lost the front at turn four while rapidly gaining on Lorenzo, attempting to claim his first MotoGP podium. With just half a lap to go Crutchlow (Ducati Team) fell from an almost guaranteed second place.

After the race Bradl was given one penalty point by Race Direction for his collision with Aleix Espargaro at Turn 4. Smith also receives a penalty point for overtaking under yellow flags in the wake of the Marquez incident. The collision between Iannone and Pedrosa will be reviewed by Race Direction in Sepang as Iannone is still undergoing treatment after his crash.

Rossi delighted to win again at Phillip Island
Rossi started his 250th premier class Grand Prix on Sunday looking for crucial points in the battle for the runner up spot in the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship. A crash filled race allowed the Italian to mark this historic event with his second win of 2014.

He made steady progress in the opening laps, catching teammate Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) and engaging in a heated battle for several laps. Eventually getting the better of the Spaniard, Rossi settled into second as Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) had a two second advantage ahead of him.

Lap 17 saw the 2014 MotoGP World Champion crash out of a comfortable lead, promoting Rossi to first. By the race finale a huge gap of 10.836s saw Rossi clinch his 82nd premier class win ahead of Lorenzo. Rossi last won at Phillip Island in 2005.

Second in the championship, Rossi now has 255 points, eight more than Lorenzo, who is third. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) suffered a DNF and is 25 points behind the Italian in fourth.

An elated Rossi explained, “It’s a fantastic day. An amazing result coming after a great race. Sadly I had to start behind but I knew my pace and setting were quite good for the race. On the second corner I saw Marc and Jorge already ahead and I was sixth, I thought this will be hard! I was fast enough to overtake the other riders quickly.”

“I focused on just gaining on Jorge and I got there a little by little. We then had a great battle. Marc wasn’t too far, just two seconds but I settled for second to fight for the championship position. Then Marquez crashed and it was great after that. I came back to victory here almost ten years after my last win, a great achievement at one of the most beautiful tracks of the year,” he concluded.

Race Results:
1 25 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 176.7 40'46.405
2 20 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 175.9 +10.836
3 16 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 175.8 +12.294
4 13 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 175.6 +14.893
5 11 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Avintia Racing Ducati 174.5 +30.089
6 10 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 174.5 +30.154
7 9 45 Scott REDDING GBR GO&FUN Honda Gresini Honda 174.5 +30.158
8 8 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Drive M7 Aspar Honda 174.3 +33.166
9 7 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 174.3 +33.577
10 6 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Drive M7 Aspar Honda 174.2 +34.144
11 5 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 173.9 +39.468
12 4 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Octo IodaRacing Team ART 172.7 +56.684
13 3 70 Michael LAVERTY GBR Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 171.6 +1'12.813
14 2 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Avintia Racing Avintia 170.5 +1'28.050
Not Classified
35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 176.4 1 Lap
44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 175.9 3 Laps
41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 175.7 7 Laps
6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 175.7 8 Laps
93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 177.4 10 Laps
23 Broc PARKES AUS Paul Bird Motorsport PBM 170.2 14 Laps
26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 171.5 21 Laps
29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 173.9 22 Laps
17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda 170.6 23 Laps

Updated points:
Current points
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 312
2 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 255
3 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 247
4 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 230
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 166
6 Aleix ESPARGARO Forward Yamaha SPA 117
7 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 116
8 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 108
9 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 102
10 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 96

#421 ·
Rossi on a high in second as Marquez looks to win again
It is Marquez’s hunger for victory which drove him to this year’s title in fine style with 10 wins from the opening 10 rounds, though since then he has added just the one further triumph at Silverstone and has now gone four races without a win. Marquez still has the chance to match - and eclipse - Mick Doohan’s record from 1997 for most premier class GP wins in a single season of 12 victories.

Last year at Sepang Marquez was second in the race behind his Honda colleague Dani Pedrosa and he will aim to go one better this time.

Another rider who knows all about winning is Movistar Yamaha MotoGP’s remarkable nine time World Champion Rossi who delighted his fans at Phillip Island with his 82nd premier class victory in his 250th race in the top category of Grand Prix competition.

It was also Rossi’s 108th win across all classes and the 25 points from Australia helped him to move clear in second place in the World Championship. Rossi leads Lorenzo by eight points with two rounds remaining.

Lorenzo described his result in Australia as the luckiest second place of his career as his pace dropped in the second half of the race, but his rostrum appearance was the eighth consecutive podium of an excellent recent run.

Last year’s Sepang race winner Pedrosa was unlucky on Sunday at Phillip Island as his efforts came to en early end after he was hit by Andrea Iannone and was forced to retire. That DNF result saw Pedrosa slip to fourth in the standings, 25-points adrift of second placed Rossi.

Fifth overall ahead of the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix is the ever-consistent Andrea Dovizioso who stayed upright in Australia to take fourth, with nine riders in total unable to finish the race – including his Ducati Team colleague Cal Crutchlow who went down on the last lap with second place looking almost guaranteed.

Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Bradley Smith got his first MotoGP™ podium at round 16 and has forced his way back into the battle for sixth in the standings. That third place Phillip Island result took Smith up to eighth overall above Pramac Racing’s Iannone and LCR Honda MotoGP’s Stefan Bradl – both of whom aim to bounce back in Malaysia after their respective mistakes on Sunday.

Smith is now also only nine points behind sixth placed Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) and eight adrift of his Tech 3 teammate, Aleix’s brother, Pol Espargaro – with the Spanish siblings also suffering Australian DNFs.

#422 ·
VALE with a SOLID P2!! in a great spot now to clinch P2 overall, well done!! little battle with MM93 ;)

Points update:
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 337
2 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 275
3 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 263
4 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 230
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 174
6 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha SPA 126
7 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 119
8 Aleix ESPARGARO Forward Yamaha SPA 117
9 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 109
10 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 102
11 Alvaro BAUTISTA Honda SPA 89
12 Scott REDDING Honda GBR 75
13 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 67
14 Cal CRUTCHLOW Ducati GBR 63
15 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 53
16 Nicky HAYDEN Honda USA 44
17 Karel ABRAHAM Honda CZE 33
18 Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 21
19 Alex DE ANGELIS Forward Yamaha RSM 14
20 Danilo PETRUCCI ART ITA 13
21 Colin EDWARDS Forward Yamaha USA 11
22 Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 11
23 Broc PARKES PBM AUS 9
24 Michael LAVERTY PBM GBR 9
25 Mike DI MEGLIO Avintia FRA 9
26 Katsuyuki NAKASUGA Yamaha JPN 4
27 Leon CAMIER Honda GBR 1

#423 ·
Rossi on 2015 Title Shot
Rossi has produced another remarkable set of performances in 2014, improving on his 2013 form with 12 podiums and two victories this year – in his 15th premier class campaign.

The nine-time World Champion believes a tenth World title is achievable and gave this assessment of his chances, “I think that it is not impossible next year. This is the target and I say that because we can improve from this year to next year. Already the work for next year started, throughout all this season, in fact from the last test of last season. We have demonstrated good potential already.”

“I think I can improve next year, especially my team and especially Silvano (Galbusera - Crew Chief) with one year more of experience. He can improve because he knows MotoGP better. We can also improve the way of working between us because it has just been the first season. I know him better now and he knows me more, and the way I want the bike.”

However, Rossi also acknowledged, “But at the same time it will be very, very hard, because firstly I expect Jorge to be very strong from the beginning. At the beginning of this year he had some problems but from Sachsening he’s been so strong at all the tracks, so he is a real contender. Then with Marc we cannot forget that he won 12 races this year. That is ten more than me and he has a lot of points advantage!”

“So to try to fight for the championship with these two guys we have to make another step. I will try.”

#425 ·
POLE!!!! :)
First pole for Rossi since Le Mans 2010
In what has been a great season for Rossi with the Italian raising his performance levels again, the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider achieved his 50th career pole in the premier class and his first since Le Mans 2010 with a 1’30.843 lap at the end of Q2. The pole position give Rossi the edge over his colleague Jorge Lorenzo in the battle for second in the championship on Sunday.

Iannone (Pramac Racing) looked to be on course for his first pole in MotoGP™ but was beaten by Rossi by 0.132s as the session closed. Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team) will get away from third on the grid having qualified 0.156s behind Rossi.

Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) heads row two and is sure to push hard in the race to beat Rossi, at a track where the Spaniard won last year. A crash for Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) mid session left him in fifth, his worst grid position since Barcelona-Catalunya last year.

Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech3) completes the second row as he seeks to clinch sixth in the championship in his rookie season.

Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha Tech3), Crutchlow (Ducati Team) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) will line up on row three.

Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP), Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) and wild card Michele Pirro (Ducati Team) will line up on the fourth row, with Bradl and Pirro having made it through from Q1.

1 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 323.4 1'30.843 2 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 329.8 1'30.975 0.132 / 0.132
3 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 330.2 1'30.999 0.156 / 0.024
4 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 324.1 1'31.049 0.206 / 0.050
5 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 328.6 1'31.144 0.301 / 0.095
6 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 328.4 1'31.307 0.464 / 0.163
7 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 324.9 1'31.324 0.481 / 0.017
8 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 332.4 1'31.359 0.516 / 0.035
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 329.3 1'31.426 0.583 / 0.067
10 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 328.4 1'31.443 0.600 / 0.017
11 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 318.7 1'31.486 0.643 / 0.043
12 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 326.6 1'32.617 1.774 / 1.131

#427 ·
POLE!!!! :)
First pole for Rossi since Le Mans 2010
In what has been a great season for Rossi with the Italian raising his performance levels again, the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider achieved his 50th career pole in the premier class and his first since Le Mans 2010 with a 1’30.843 lap at the end of Q2. The pole position give Rossi the edge over his colleague Jorge Lorenzo in the battle for second in the championship on Sunday.
Yesssss!!!! :banger:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.