Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Help with japanese painting

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  weStTXgrEase_mOnKay 
#1 ·
so i thought i might as will post this and see if any of ya know much about artwork, can someone translate what this printing is and what might i should know about this artwork. ?:shakehand

?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yup its japanese, I believe they are the lyrics to "stairway to heaven" by Led Zepplin.

#4 ·
No, Monkey, it's says "Smoke this plant and all will be right with the world..."
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

#7 · (Edited)
Its Chinese not Japanese.

http://www.chinaonlinemuseum.com/painting-bamboo-xia-chang.php

"Bamboo in Wind (清風高節)
Xia Chang (夏昶, 1388-1470), Ming Dynasty (1368-1644)

Hanging scroll, ink on paper, 203.4 x 59.7 cm, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York

Bamboo, which bends without breaking, has long been a symbol of integrity and strength. It was also a favorite subject of Ming and Qing scholar-painters. Xia Chang, a native of the Suzhou region, enjoyed a successful official career that led to his appointment as minister of the Court of Imperial Sacrifices in 1457. He expanded Wang Fu's (王紱, 1362–1416) style of bamboo painting to become the leading bamboo painter of his time, famous even in Korea, Japan, and Southeast Asia.

Applying calligraphic techniques to painting according to the precepts established by Zhao Mengfu (趙孟頫, 1254–1322), Xia Chang executed his bamboo stalks in the archaic seal-script style and his bamboo twigs in the "grass," or cursive-script, style. Xia Chang's calligraphic mode of bamboo painting was followed by many later Ming and Qing painters."

#9 ·
I am taking a history to modern china class, and the teacher is fluent in mandarin. I can see if he can read it for us?? Let me know

#11 ·
I will. I have the class Tuesday I will report back.

#15 ·
i think its is chinese. the online line source was proven, but i hope my painting is really. maybe worth like 20k or someN. then i can get me a new bike..!!

#18 ·
Nah bro. Sorry. I just got over food poisoning. I will try n check with him today.

#19 ·
What exactly do u want to know about it

#20 · (Edited)
The worry free work of the bohemians-- something like that. Is the last pic. That's all he translated. But as far as value he said its hard to say. It seemed he was in a hurry n didn't say much about it.

Reactions: Nuttynu
#21 ·
And by how easy and quickly he read it, I assume its chinese

#23 ·
He said its un sure if its as a replicate. And as far as value that can go by quality, artist, etc. He also mentioned he had never heard of that artist before. I will try and ask him later on what it could mean. On my phone it was hard to read all the way zoomed in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.