Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Post Your Latest Purchase

286K views 3K replies 450 participants last post by  GT592 
#1 ·
There's a thread like this at another forum I frequent. Curious to see what you guys blow your money on.

Just bought these items on eBay

See less See more
#2,167 ·
Bought a new project. 1980 Suzuki GS550, clean title, 9,6xx miles. Has a short somewhere, so I need to track that down, but has good compression and the carbs have been rebuilt. Snagged it for $100, so couldn't pass it up.

She ain't a pretty one yet, but given some time....

Planning on doing a cafe build with the inspiration being something like this....

Some GSXR forks and Ohlins piggyback shocks may be in the future, if I can convince the wife that they are "needed".

Reactions: gioarge
#2,171 ·
Caved and got the Note 4(along with Invisible Shield Glass screen protector and OtterBox Defender case):

As you can see I'm typing this on a Macbook and not going back the iPhone is nearly "sacrilege" but I just didn't see enough in the 6+ to justify going back from Android - having expandable storage and a removable battery were also key points. My wife went for the 6+ 64gb.

My only concerns coming from the HTC One M7 are that it doesn't have the sealed all-aluminum construction and while the M7 wasn't waterproof itself, it seemed like it could handle a possible downpour better in the RAM mount. Looks like the next purchase will be some type of waterproof bag case(other than going cheap and just using a ziplock). I also considered the GS5 Active, but heard too much negative about the GS5 in general to pull the trigger on that one.

Also you can see the awful purple hue I keep getting on the M7 in low-light which is a total WTF moment considering I got the M7 b/c of supposedly superior low-light pictures despite only 4 ultrapixels(vs. the 13mp GS4 at the time).

#2,172 ·
Outdoor Products 3-Pack Ultimate Dry Sack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AZNATC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_TrEHub125N4NR

I have an assortment of different size dry packs that I keep in my Kriega and tail bag. On rainy days, my phone and wallet go into the small dry bag, and that either goes into a Napoleon pocket in my jacket, the backpack, or the tail bag. I've used these for a few years now, and have never had any problems with anything getting wet - I'm very happy with the bags.

#2,173 ·
Missus bought me this, LS2 FF386, with a free tinted visor for sale for $150AUD.

I paid for her to get another tattoo. Our Xmas presents to each other.

Attachments

#2,175 ·
I bought a Smoke NV Express kit from my local tobacconist yesterday.

Figured with the spinal surgery coming up in January, I really should start to quit smoking and get (relatively) more healthy. I was going to waste the money on cigarettes anyway so figured why not give it a shot.

So far, first full day without a smoke, and still feel alright. Working well. Wife still smokes (so I use the e-cig when she smokes), however orderer her an e-cig too online.

About time I kicked this dirty habit. :)

http://www.smokenv.com.au/smoke-nv-express-kit.html

#2,176 ·
I bought a Smoke NV Express kit from my local tobacconist yesterday.

Figured with the spinal surgery coming up in January, I really should start to quit smoking and get (relatively) more healthy. I was going to waste the money on cigarettes anyway so figured why not give it a shot.

So far, first full day without a smoke, and still feel alright. Working well. Wife still smokes (so I use the e-cig when she smokes), however orderer her an e-cig too online.

About time I kicked this dirty habit. :)

http://www.smokenv.com.au/smoke-nv-express-kit.html
Good for you, good luck with the quitting and the surgery :thumbup:

#2,179 ·
Not really a purchase, since it's a company phone and I got it for free but...

And what's currently on my nightstand

:lol:

#2,183 ·
Pit bull front stand! Hybrid

#2,184 ·
Picked these up for snowboarding in Vail in Feb, but they'll also make great added protection with my Dainese leather pants and BiLT Ironworkers...

Also picked up 2 pairs of pressure owned(and not even broken in yet) Ironworkers for $60.

And I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on a pair of RS Taichi e-Heat gloves for Vail (as well as riding) but thankfully cooler heads prevailed and I got a pair of Cirq Spike snow gloves for $50 vs $200 for the RS-T's, not to mention my Held Titans with Bilt FreezeOut liners do well enough in as cold as it gets for riding here in AZ.

#2,187 ·
I call these the "I got such a good deal on these used that I don't care that they don't match a single piece of gear I wear" Held Phantom I's....

#2,189 ·
I can only compare the Phantom Is not the IIs to the TItans. Started with the Phantoms which are still functional and upgraded to the TItans, both absolutely great gloves. The Titans have the edge primarily because of better ROM around the wrist especially for WOT, as well as a smoother and more comfortable palm. Titans have a finger bridge for added protection not to mention the much more plentiful distribution of stingray leather. The finger bridge is not a nuisance in any way even for someone who brakes with three fingers such as myself. Only rode with my Titans for 4 times so far and they haven't fully broken in yet, but they improve with every ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.