Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

R6 or RR trackbike?

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  makct04 
#1 ·
Hey guys, after riding my 08RR for 2 and a half years and a good few trackdays, I've decided that it may be a good investment to get a bike dedicated to being track oriented. My buddy has been looking to sell me his 2006 50th anniversary R6 with a cracked fairing stay and upper cowl for $3500, and I thought that would be the perfect track bike. My question though is, should I keep the R6 for street use and convert my CBR, or keep the CBR for my city riding, and use the R6 for track? Opinions and reasons for those opinions is greatly appreciated! Oh and keep in mind that my long term goal is to eventually use the trackbike in WERA's C-Class Superstock after I get more tracktime and a racing school under my belt if that affects your opinions. Thanks dotnetters!

#3 ·
Hmm. It wasn't particularly wrecked, just a minor lowside. So I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Plus, I know almost exactly how to fix it. Do you think I really am overpaying even at that price?

#5 ·
Personally, Gettin that year for 3500 06 r6 is more than a fair deal.. Track the R6, you will love the rippn power band it has past 8k, it will surprise you, also drops a little faster in corners and feels more of a compact ride but i like that stuff.

Speaking of track bikes..I just picked up a 07 600rr. and am winter stockpiling on parts right now. Jus scored some marchesini mag wheels from erion racings ol garage sale they got.. i cant even whisper the deal i gots :toothy2: & This will be my 2nd rr, and ive owned one r6. I know that this time will just be like any other affair, gonna just spoil her and enjoy it while i can ;)

#6 ·
Thanks! And I'm just gonna have a good time with this one. lol, i'm gonna be so timid out on the track on the R6 at first. The grip isn't nearly where I want it, but the old owner had very hard, unforgiving tires on it.

#8 ·
You will have more parts availability and they will be less expensive for an R6. There are not a lot of CBR track bikes compared to the others. Used CBR parts are harder to find, and track related modifications are typically more expensive.

Reactions: Mirror
#11 ·
Hey, thanks for all the opinions guys! I'm gonna go hopefully pick up the R6 today and start noting what I want changed off it immediately. I hope to start her off early next season in NOLA. I may end up bringing both bikes just to get a better feel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.