Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Akrapovic Full Exhaust Too Loud

7K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  careboy 
#1 ·
I just picked up and installed an Akrapovic Evolution line full titanium exhaust on my 2006 600RR and I must admit it sounds pretty good. My only problem I've noticed with it is that its real damn loud. Its becoming quite annoying when cruising. The other reason I'm slightly concerned is that the city I live in has noise bylaws in place for motorcycle exhausts and would rather not get a ticket. for reference, the law is 90db at idle and 100db at 5000rpm. I havent had it tested but I would like to get some more info about how to potentially quiet the exhaust up.

#4 ·
Did you take the baffle out?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
No, this is the older version without the baffle. Full titanium including the tip. I'll grab a picture from google, sorry for the poor quality.

You're getting old...
That's sad to hear, old at the age of 22. I have a full header back exhaust on my car but it just doesn't drone like this. Maybe it's something I'm going to need to get used to. To be honest, my primary concern is getting in isht with the 5-0 and not so much the noise.

#6 ·
Wear ear plugs if the noise is bothering you that much as a matter of fact even if such noise is not bothering you wearing ear plugs now at 22 will make a huge difference when you get older as far as the Akra noise level get the pipes tested and go from there

#9 ·
Check out this web link for more info even the Walmart ear plugs are better than nothing I would be willing to send you a brand new set if you wish just cover mailing expense
Motorcyclists Ear plugs | allearplugs.com
www.allearplugs.com/.../Ear plugs for m... - United Kingdom

#11 ·
I am suggesting testing not because of your ears but to make sure you won't get fined the ear plugs will take care of your ears as I know most of the lads here wear plugs regardless of their exhaust manufacture and it works for them so I am sure will work for you as well

#12 ·
True, I hear ya. Ill see if any of the locals shops have testing equipment. The police around here can be pretty pissy and if I go in to request testing Im concerned they will write me a "fix-it" citation. Id rather not have that so Ill wait til I order the insert or whatever solution then go in before I put it in.

#14 ·
+1 with ear plugs, eventhough I wear them religiously, my tinnitus is slowly getting worse. This is due to the fact my exhaust (carbon KR-tuned) is way too loud and I didn't grab the insert from my mate when I bought the bike off him. I haven't even hit 30 yet so I reckon I'm gonna be deaf by mid 40s!

#22 ·
I have the same exhaust and it sounds slightly louder than stock in my opinion. It just sounds good. A lot of other lesser-brand exhausts are louder than my akra (and they're not even full systems). I ride with either earphones or plugs and have found myself using the plugs more frequently lately because I enjoy the exhaust note. Good pick up on your exhaust. Enjoy.

#23 ·
I wore earplugs even with stock exhaust. I'm only 28, but flying for a living pretty much means I'm gonna be deaf by the time I'm 40. I don't need any help from my bike. And with the Jardine RT-One carbon, my bike is loud as ****. Sounds great, but it's super loud, especially at around 7-9k, which is highway cruising speed.

Unless you have noise-cancelling earphones, you're only adding to the noise level. I've been looking for a good set of noise-cancelling earbuds I can wear under my helmet, but I haven't found anything good, yet. Anybody have suggestions for that? (If that's too much of a thread-jack, then just ignore it.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.