Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Any sites have any slip one for cyber Monday?

4K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  CK_32 
#1 · (Edited)
Any sites have any slip ons for cyber Monday?

Been looking and waiting for slips to go one sale but everyone I come across is listed at or around $450 to $500...

I'm looking to hopefully score a

Yosh RS5 CF slip

Leo Vince SBK CF slip

Or

Two bros CF slip

For my 08 RR.. Anyone know of any spots holding sales for any of these figured now would be the time for good sales if any...

#3 ·
#4 ·
Also don't be afraid to ask any vendors if they can go lower on their advertised prices. It's worked for me most times. Our vendors here are pretty cool that way

#7 ·
Yea I've been tempted to look in the used market again... But I heard a rumor I'm not sure is true or not that they can wear out after so many miles through the pipe and can lead to loss of DB sound and power output..??

Can anyone confirm or deny this..? Because I'm wanting my pipe for sound and sound. Power is eh but I just want my bike to sound as sexy as she looks. Only reason I've shyd away from used pipes..

#8 ·
Biohazard is the way to go. You can pick up a CF Leo for right around $400. I picked mine up from there at a great deal. The Leo by far was the winner for me as far as sound. When I installed it, rode around and it was awesome. Took out the DB and it was sex to my ears. Good luck with the purchase you make.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
See that's what I hate when I'm driving around I hear these sexy bikes roaring around the city and want to see what they use.. Or if I see a yosh or Leo of course they drive sub 3k and don't even let her scream..

And YouTube is so misleading with the variance of phone mix quality and my speakers.. And everyone has a different opinion of what sounds the best but I've never heard them side by side so I'm like torn between these 3..

I just want throaty as close to GP roar as I can at high ROM with out sounding like a fart can at low RPM.

#11 ·
Yea I'm down maybe meet up one day...

I still REALLY want to get a couple guys together with all the different slips/systems and make a video so everyone can see the variances and not have the same issue as me..

I'm still emailing random MFGs to make a video since they have the inventory.. No replies as of yet.. But yea that would be cool if we could get a couple other slips and I can hear them at once..

#14 ·
Being a .net member certainly doesn't hurt.
After putting on my leo, it became louder than my friends Harley, gave me a good laugh. What I like about the Leo, that set it apart for me from other exhausts, was its super clean tone at high rpms. It sounds wonderful idling, as does the yosh, but something about making my Leo scream, it's like it's meant for the bike.

#15 ·
Have you owned both..?

I want the moto GP scream. I don't like the deep growl I like the GP sound.. Which one would you say gives that off..?

I also saw a video on a like K3 tuning or something sounded exactly like what I wanted but gives off 2 different sounds in my cousins beats and my computer speakers.. My computer gives off the GP sound I like but my phone and beats have a growl sound like the rest of them.

And the only reason I consider 2 bros is because my buddy for a new 750 a while back and put a 2 bros and that **** was LOUD.. But that was a 750 so... Yea haha and I hate how long those fu**ers are

#16 ·
I've only owned the Leo, but know people with Yosh cans. Prefer mine hands down, and bought it for all the same reasons you're contemplating. I never considered the 2bros, because that's gonna give you that deep growl.

#17 ·
If you're concerned about pipes sticking out too far... the Leo superseded their original aftermarket exhaust from the 77XX series to the 82XX series. I think it was about a year and a half ago. The newer 82XX series looks like it sticks out a little bit more than the 77XX series. It doesn't annoy me because the aesthetics of the pipe look really good.

Also, the 2bros IMO has the deepest growl. Yoshi sounds more buzzy at higher rpms than the 2bros and Leo.

And yes, the 2bros does stick out. But people chop it.

#20 ·
John- yea that's what I want is throaty lows and GP screaming mid/highs..

I've been searching at pipe vs pipe debates but its always his is the best but its the only pipe I've owned.. Or I had one on a 02 and one on a 11 so its not even relavint really. I've been looking for this one distinct sound ever since I was behind a guy on a 09 and he took off flakiness nice then punched it and thing sounded like I was on the motoGP circuit and I tried the catch up to see his pipe but he was gone (in my stang). I've been looking for those notes and pitch ever since then and havnt heard any yet but either people punch it and I can't see what tip or they don't bring the bike above 4k and you don't even hear their pipe.. I've head the tones that guy had but nothing near as loud and crisp.

And my buddy beeps telling me look at 2 bros but them being like 10" too long is ugly and I think they sound too gurthy for what I'm looking for.. But the black series cut is sexy AF.

#24 ·
I did the same thing. I fixed everything after I crashed besides bodywork but I didn't have an exhaust yet cause my 2 brothers got crushed. I took it down the street a couple times open down pipe. Almost jizzed in my pants above 9k rpm. Got a stock exhaust now and I love it.

#30 ·
Yea that would be chill.. Being 562 you shouldn't be too far from my digs maybe get a .net little so cal meet up ride and I can check it some of your slip ons..

You still have that yosh? Assuming its sold and gone to fund the leo

:fyou: MAP Pricing= Fleecing people on a daily basis. An artificial way to drive the price up.
Yea I call it the as seen on tv only special.. Now only $599.99.. Wait wasn't it $499.99 last week... And don't they cost like $5 to make.. :retard:

#33 ·
For sound I'd take my LV over my friends akrapovic. Same at idle but the LV is louder and better sound. Also comes with an insert if you find it too loud. I just threw it away after opening the box

I got another friend with a 2 bros but I can't get over how ugly it is. IMO. Sounds decent but my LV sounds better. :)

For looks hands down the akra is the best.

All three bikes were 07-08

#35 ·
Sounds great. Since I bought my new Bell Star, my Leo sounds even better, for whatever reason.
Anyways, you can also look into Toce exhaust. Bart over at TST is selling those. It's an awesome sounding pipe.

#36 ·
What's a slip one??

#38 ·
^^^ Haha, I get it now mang. Thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.