Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Fake gloves?

5K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  Shadow6OORRider 
#1 · (Edited)
I ask this because I bought a pair of Alpinestar Sp-2's from ebay and they feel fine but the threads holding the gloves together seem to be a little low quality. Plus my leather OR fake leather is ripping and wearing after only a month (ride everyday).... Is this normal? The velcro strap seems very low quality too.

I don't know if this matters but its also made in china.

#2 ·
I'm fairly certain that alpine stars is made in Italy

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#15 ·
I'm fairly certain that alpine stars is made in Italy
Negative, those gloves would be a lot more than $100

I like turtles!!!
So do I

Are you sure? In that case I do I have fake gloves then? :banghead:
Negative

I thought it was just there HQ that was based in Italy?
Now we're talkin.

OP, contact Alpinestars USA and ask what they can do about warrantying those gloves.

800-438-2577

#3 ·
I like turtles!!!

#11 ·
x2

i bought some knock off a*'s a while back to hold me over a couple weeks til i got my new gloves. they kinda sound like what you have, i only wore them about two weeks and the stitching was already coming apart, i gave them to my friends gf that didn't have any gloves

#12 ·
There not made in Italy I have two pairs of gp pro gloves and the best test is to compare your stitch marks and amount of threads in certain areas. Check were the threads end on yours compared to the website pics.

#14 ·
Tons of fakes out there. Bought a pair of smx gloves from kijiji(Canadian Craig's list) and the leathers were thin, stitch was crap, and the packaging was very low quality. Most of all the fit was way off. I returned them to the seller the day after and bought from a reputable seller at full price. Don't get me wrong you can find deals out there but you're taking a risk all the time.

Cut your losses and throw those away. Don't want to risk further injury on those knock offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#26 ·
Damn them, damn them!!!!

#25 ·
Most Alpinestars stuff is now made in multiple locations in Asia.

I have sp-2 gloves that have lasted four seasons and one crash and are still going strong.

With that said there are lots of fake A*s stuff out there. I suggest buying from a trusted vendor rather than over eBay.

BTW the real SP2 do have some fake leather in places, but real stuff in the important places. They do have foe suede on the palms in high wear areas.

#30 ·
There are some pretty well copied A* products floating around. Even the packaging looks original! Obviously the quality is not the same. I once looked at a pair of A* GP Pro gloves. Gloves looked legit and so did the packaging, but once you try them on you defiantly feel the difference! On inspection you will find things like the Kevlar liner is not there, bad cut and stitching etc. Best is to find a legit shop and pay the premium price. At-least you will have piece of mind knowing you got the real deal!

#33 ·
Be careful when buying A* gloves on line. My friend bought some gloves on Craig's list for 50$ less than it is advertised anywhere else. I happened to own the same gloves and same size. His was 2 sizes bigger than mine and it was clearly not made by A*. Only buy from reputable sites.

#39 ·
not a fan of A* gloves, crap quality and even worse is trying to deal with their customer service.

Idk what happened to them but their quality and CS has definitely lowered their standards

#41 ·
Problem with buying on Ebay and Craigslist is you can easily end up with 4th shift, "b" stock and discard product. Learned long ago to not bother buying brand name anything from Ebay as you pay a premium for junk too many times. Not that you can't get good stuff, but there is too much of a chance that you will get ripped off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.