Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How-to: Install UniqueMotoLights Mini H1 Projector kit into 07-12 CBR600RR headlights

127K views 368 replies 74 participants last post by  Noobstar 
#1 ·
This post contains the instructions on how to install our UniqueMotoLights Mini H1 HID projector kit into your 2007 - 2012 Honda CBR 600RR headlights.

You may use this post as a support forum for installation questions as well, and i will try to answer any questions that may arise.

This install is not difficult at all, just follow these instructions.

I offer professional installation as well, you can send me in your headlights and i will install this kit, add any options you want like angel eyes, dual angle eyes, Audi Style LED Strips, On/Off switch etc... and will return your headlight to you completely assembled and plug and play.

Installation starts at only $150 + any additional options you choose.

For more information about the kit or to purchase yours please see this post:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=261180

My website to order is:
http://www.UniqueMotoLights.com

This How-to is still work in progress, so i will be periodically adding new info.

* When i say Right or Left headlight its always from the point of view while sitting on the bike *

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets start with the angel eyes;

For single angel eyes set you will receive two 83mm rings and 2 inverters, you will need to glue the angel eyes to the projector shrouds, using clear Silicone.
For Dual angel eyes you will also receive two 95mm rings.

Remove shrouds from projectors, by unscrewing the screws from the rear of the projectors.
Fish wires through the gaps as shown, very important you want the breaks in the angel eyes to be hidden, so for the right headlight place the wires to the right of the middle big hump on the shroud and for the left headlight to the left of the middle hump on the shroud. Find the hump which points up at 12 o'clock.

Apply silicone on the rear of the ring, all around the shroud on the extending humps of the shroud. tape in a few spots and let it dry.

For dual angel eyes, place the 95mm ring over the shroud.

Tape it in a few spots and also apply clear silicone all round on the extending humps of the shroud.

Look at the open headlight, this is the angle you need to tape the angel eyes, so the wires and gaps will be hidden once the lens is on.

If installing Flexible LED strips, simply silicone them facing forward like this:

Put shrouds on the projectors and secure them with the supplied screws.

Now onto the projector install:

I recommend you do this one headlight at a time.

Preheat oven for 10 minutes to 225 degrees.
Place headlight on a towel and put in center of oven with temperature set at 225 degrees for 8 minutes.
put some gloves on, and remove headlight from oven.
Dont waste any time, and dont let the headlight cool down as the glue will harden again.
Using a few flat head screw drivers or a putty knife and a screw driver pry the headlight open.
You might need to reheat the headlight several times until the lens is removed.

See less See more
#281 ·
this looks correct, exactly like my instructions are showing.

i dont recommend you use those twist on caps, either solder them and shrink wrap for best connection or use crimp butt connectors

#284 ·
I put the right ballast behind where the radiator cap is and the other one on the left under the square thingy. lol I will add photos. I extended all the wires except the white halo inverter wires (don't cut those wires, it will not work it you do) and ran them up towards the front of the gas tank and soldered them there. I did extend the battery wires too so it would make it easier to route the wires. Hope the pics help.

#287 ·
@Royal38
That's exactly where I placed my ballasts, best location by far!
Also! Nice reservoir cap! Where'd you get it? ;)

#292 ·
Alright I got a question is there a possibility my projectors are installed up side down, when I flick the brights on it gets brighter at the bottom of the existing light beam instead of higher like a normal cars?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#296 ·
Yeah I left the washer out I will have to unseal it again at some point anyway cause when I was adjusting my beams to angle more downward it broke all 4 of my halos cause they were pinched between the projecters and the lights housing case, unknowingly at the time. That was a bad moment about started throwing things haha

#301 ·
That was my exact problem it being to tight. But it was shining directly into
People's window in front of me I'm sure they didn't appreciate that with 55W HIDs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.