Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Hyper-flo installation exhaust clamp help

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  b18duke 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just got my hyper-flo pipe today and the new mid pipe clamp they gave me seems too small, I went to see if they sell different sizes and they don't they just sell one size so how in the heck did you guys get your clamp on the mid pipe? The stock clamp is too big even when fully closed.
This is getting extremely aggravating because of a small clamp, or am I missing a trick? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

#3 ·
I remember mine being a very tight fit, you just have to work at it.

Post a pic of the clamp (preferably next to the mid pipe for reference). You have to expand the clamp as large as it will go, then once you have the mid pipe onto the CAT, slide the clamp down as far as it will go before tightening.

This is the only pic I have of the clamp, I will try and get a close up later. From memory, I think the ring size is 27" but that might be wrong so don't quote me on that.

#8 ·
hmm... I just went out and took a look at mine and its defiantly on their.
their are not any scratches so i didn't slide it too far down. looking at your first picture thats what i remember from mine. what i did is loosen as far as possible without separating the pieces. then it is just a game of trying to work it on the pipe. you gotta muscle it on but it will fit. Best of luck mate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.