Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Pushed my new bike 5.5 miles home and got pulled over

9K views 127 replies 52 participants last post by  NaturalPhenomenon 
#1 ·
So I'm pretty new here and I had a cbr 250cc 2011 I figured I'd upgrade from selling me old bike. I found a guy on 600rr.net goes by the name of bryan (beryenbeh) I had found his cbr online for sale and it was 6k. I schedule an arrangement to go check out the bike. As soon as I got there he was a pretty decent guy. The bike started right but and that was when I checked all of the maintenance and stuff. Right when I was about to ride it home the bike didnt start. He had asked me, "what did you do to the bike". I looked at him and said wtf I didnt even do anything all i did was start up the engine. In my head i knew he was up to something. He had a car battery within 3 feet away from him as if he knew what was wrong with the bike. The motorcycle started I rode it home. He left me with the bike with an empty tank. As soon as I pumped gas and took the bike out for a ride i was about 6 miles away from home. next thing you know the battery died. I called him up and he said the battery had 5 year warranty on it he calls me back again and said sorry it was only 1 year warranty that was when I had no money no friends with a truck and a flatbed. I pushed the bike home for 4 hours half naked because it was hot as f***. then a police officer pulled me over as i was pushing a 300 something pound bike. He had thought I stole it.. i mean who wouldn't think so came home around 3am dead tired just went to sleep woke up went to go buy a battery for 200$ and replaced the HID bulbs and ballast with regular long lasting bulbs i spent about 250 dollars. Sigh if i knew i was gonna get into this pushing the bike home kinda thing i dont think i would have bought this bike then he was complaining how i wanted to lowball just 300 dollars off from 6000 and said he was doing me a favor by taking off 200 the dude said the bike was sold as is. As of right now I really do not know who is wrong in this situation. All I know is that when I sell my vehicles I try my best to not give the other buyer a hard time. I mean we could all save ourselves the constant headaches everyday right? here are the pics of the bike and i ended up buying a yuasa battery and threw away the stupid motydesign battery with "5 year warranty"

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I know you already bought the bike and all but you got ripped off why fairings in such condition , rear hugged chewed up , dead battery and you paid 6K for that kind of dough you could have bought a cleaner bike for sure .

#5 ·
So let me get this straight. You bought a bike for 6k with aftermarket fairings that don't even fit, are damaged, AND held together by electrical tape. Not only that, the bike wouldn't fire up and you needed a new battery. Damn dude....

#8 ·
Man I know how you guys all feel but I always loved bikes when i was little esp the cbr600 and i was such in a rush to buy a bike it was crazy i was in a heat of moment and when i bought the bike i tried and i tried and i tried!! to lowball the dude just wouldnt let me im a 20 year old college student and working full time as well as schooling full time i didnt have the time to keep looking for bikes i told him all the flaws the bike had and i had to find out myself i told him hey so i can ride the bike home fine right? it wouldnt mess up on me you wont find me on channel 11 of the 405 accident or anything like that? he said not a problem i kept on asking for 5700 hundred but he said no.. then he said ill throw in a bolt kit... 50 dollar worth of nothing but bolts....... nothing but bolts!! and he said theyre worth 50 bucks last time i check i think little tiny pieces of metal and plastic were worth at least 10-20 dollars but man im happy i got a 600rr im just beat down from the 5.5 mile pushing the bike uphill to go home he didnt even say sorry i told him dude what are you gonna do about it? can you at least buy me a battery? he said nope and hung up while i told him im gonna walk with my bike for 5.5 mile bonding with it..... and i saw the fairings... id figure oh this guy doesnt know how to put on his fairings then he said i can go home and fix it all up myself so im gonna have to spend about 700 dollars on some quality aftermarket fairings so thats basically like buying a 7000 dollar bike lol... what have i gotten myself into... sigh

#9 ·
the thing is i spent an whole hour with my friends trying to jump the battery and charge it.. the battery just wouldnt get a charge i mean it fires right up when i jump start it with a car but once i remove the cables the bike stalls out and dies on me i even tried keeping the rev up to keep the motor running but as soon as i took off maybe 20 feet of keeping the revs up it still died on me. and the problem is i dont have friends who likes to ride motorcycle they were always a car type of people i was the only one who like bikes they surely as hell do not support me riding at all but i mean i just do what i like i guess i put myself in this situation so i just have to deal with it and man if i had friends who liked bikes as much as i do and knew about it more than i do id be pretty happy id buy them food right after i check out the bike with them lol

#66 ·
sucks you got ripped off, especially by a memeber.

did you atleast try to push start it before you walked it 5 miles?..

the thing is i spent an whole hour with my friends trying to jump the battery and charge it.. the battery just wouldnt get a charge i mean it fires right up when i jump start it with a car but once i remove the cables the bike stalls out and dies on me i even tried keeping the rev up to keep the motor running but as soon as i took off maybe 20 feet of keeping the revs up it still died on me.

ummm... why hasn't anyone mentioned this? bike should run off the stator, no?

Reactions: jawnwin
#10 ·
Seems like you jumped on the first bike you saw without doing any research on pricing and condition of the bike. For god's sake, you bought a bike held together by electrical tape!! That would've have been a big red flag...but the worse part is you drop $6k on that bike, man oh man. As soon as you give him the money and you both sign the title, the deal is done and over. I think this is your fault for not spending more time looking around. Lesson learned.
I got my 08 three years ago in MINT condition for $5.5k, just FYI.

#11 ·
yeah i bought the bike with those fairings i mean the picture seems pretty clear to me i live near lax and he was in northridge when i got there i didnt think the fairing was that bad on the pics... until i got up close with the bike the dude had to tape the thing up just so when i rode it home the piece wouldnt be flying around on the freeway and that i wouldnt come home with a streetfighter bike LOL

#13 ·
yeah lesson learned is right i spent half a year looking for bikes in la and none of them are the price that i wanted everyone was selling their 600rr 07 and 08 model for 7-8k.. this was the cheapest i could fine and ive checked out abour 20cbr within the last 2 months and more than half of them didnt even have the pink slip nor their names were even under it i guess its a socal type of thing im not so sure or i just have really bad luck but i really do thank you guys for your input

#14 ·
You seem like a nice guy. Sorry this happened to you. I hope the issues were only limited to the battery, but from the looks of that bike there may be some underlying issues you'll soon discover later on (I hope not). Next time don't rush into buying things for this exact reason. You need to be more aware of certain deal breakers in the future.

#18 ·
DAYUM you got yourself into a mess. Well you're stuck with it or you can sell it. I seriously wouldn't even bother getting new fairings...yet. I'd be having a talk with that guy for sure, I can't believe he didn't even offer to buy you a new battery! Lesson learned...do your research next time.

#22 ·
He hung up on you what a jack ass do not worry when Karma Bitch comes calling he will remember what he has done to you life is a two way street those going will be coming the next time around
Seriously. If I was a seller and that happened to me (it never has and never will because my stuff is always in excellent condition) I'd GLADLY buy a new battery simply out of guilt even if it wasn't my fault.

#19 ·
He hung up on you what a jack ass do not worry when Karma Bitch comes calling he will remember what he has done to you life is a two way street those going will be coming the next time around

#21 ·
Wow man. That really sucks with a bike in that condition you know the owner didn't take care of it. And for that price Moe is right you could get a lot nicer of a bike. Especially right now around the holidays when people need the extra cash. I would have low balled him to at like 3k for that and laughed and walked away when he said no. Best of luck. Hope to see it in better condition
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#23 ·
yeah man i dont even know anymore im way to stressed and depressed about it but im just happy i got a 600rr. Ill have to save up and start my build soon and ill make the best of what just happened and just carry on

But thanks for the input i really need all these reality checks and that later on in life i should bring a trusty friend who knows WAY more about bikes than I do. I should just call up everyone on this site to go see a bike LOL whoever selling the bike will definitely wouldnt wanna jip me off

#24 ·
When you're not sure about what to look for, you need to have someone else there to look it over for you. The worse thing you can do is assume something is right, especially when you have no idea. When you agree to purchase it, it is in your hands and you're responsible for what it needs. It's something hopefully you learn from. People will do whatever they can to sell stuff. From the sounds of it, seems as though it was somewhat of an impulse buy. You were not forced into buying the bike. Hopefully it all works out and you have a reliable bike in the near future.

#25 ·
I was the same way with buying my bike but my experience with cars taught me you want something headache free don't buy the cheepest one get the best condition with best milage and you'll probably be safe. I did and 6000km later. Bike hasn't given me a single issue. Thank god I'm tired of unreliability

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#26 ·
OP where in SoCal are you located?

If your local I wouldn't mind coming around and taking a quick look and see if I can tell you if this is even safe to ride or on the up and up...

Shoot me a PM ill see if me or any of my boys can help you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.