Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Pushed my new bike 5.5 miles home and got pulled over

9K views 127 replies 52 participants last post by  NaturalPhenomenon 
#1 ·
So I'm pretty new here and I had a cbr 250cc 2011 I figured I'd upgrade from selling me old bike. I found a guy on 600rr.net goes by the name of bryan (beryenbeh) I had found his cbr online for sale and it was 6k. I schedule an arrangement to go check out the bike. As soon as I got there he was a pretty decent guy. The bike started right but and that was when I checked all of the maintenance and stuff. Right when I was about to ride it home the bike didnt start. He had asked me, "what did you do to the bike". I looked at him and said wtf I didnt even do anything all i did was start up the engine. In my head i knew he was up to something. He had a car battery within 3 feet away from him as if he knew what was wrong with the bike. The motorcycle started I rode it home. He left me with the bike with an empty tank. As soon as I pumped gas and took the bike out for a ride i was about 6 miles away from home. next thing you know the battery died. I called him up and he said the battery had 5 year warranty on it he calls me back again and said sorry it was only 1 year warranty that was when I had no money no friends with a truck and a flatbed. I pushed the bike home for 4 hours half naked because it was hot as f***. then a police officer pulled me over as i was pushing a 300 something pound bike. He had thought I stole it.. i mean who wouldn't think so came home around 3am dead tired just went to sleep woke up went to go buy a battery for 200$ and replaced the HID bulbs and ballast with regular long lasting bulbs i spent about 250 dollars. Sigh if i knew i was gonna get into this pushing the bike home kinda thing i dont think i would have bought this bike then he was complaining how i wanted to lowball just 300 dollars off from 6000 and said he was doing me a favor by taking off 200 the dude said the bike was sold as is. As of right now I really do not know who is wrong in this situation. All I know is that when I sell my vehicles I try my best to not give the other buyer a hard time. I mean we could all save ourselves the constant headaches everyday right? here are the pics of the bike and i ended up buying a yuasa battery and threw away the stupid motydesign battery with "5 year warranty"

Attachments

See less See more
#70 ·
Do not throw that battery away yet it might be simply dead you can take it to an auto parts store and get it load tested to know if its any good or not these batteries are top notch as long as they are maintained properly and not abused its obvious the ex owners electrical knowledge and bike care are simply worthless running all these extra additives without keeping the battery charged up will eventually kill it but test it any way before throwing it away

#74 ·
I have checked Brian's web site & did not see any info about warranty periods I would just an email to bharis@motydesign.com , a pm to BrowningBuck with questions about warranty or simply a phone call to 928-607-2269 Brian is an awesome member , site vendor and will help out the OP for sure specially if he tells me details about his bike purchase he might even just swap him a new battery a simple question won't hurt :cruising:

Reactions: jawnwin
#76 ·
Wow, It appears there were some good reasons the bike was for sale for so long. At least you know the VIN came back fine and you got a few goods pre-installed. Just take your time and give it a REAL good look over and I would not ride it until all checks out fine. Good luck, I hope it all works out in the end.

#78 ·
if you dont trade an old battery in it will cost you and extra 8-20 bucks.

I want to take pitty and say the sellers a douche, but you paid 6k for a bike with busted fairings, not scratched but seriously busted?:crackup::retard::drunk:

glad i never had to learn that one the hard way.

#80 ·
What pisses me off more than anything is his jack ass treatment he gave the op he could have at least helped him to get the bike home offer him any type of assistance not just click ( you bought the bike ,took it off my hands , I got my money but the battery is dead so it's all on you now ) click

#79 ·
I can see in a couple of pictures the yellow wires that are suppose to run from the bulbs to the ballast but I am not sure if they are hooked up to the Hid Bulbs or not and I would say probably not cause the head light beam is not bright enough like the hid light is so tell me what are these wires are attached to from the head light housing end

#81 ·
Regardless of how busy you are lend a helping hand cause what goes around comes around and if you give some one the shaft combined with the F off treatment Guess what genius One day when you are desperate for help Karma Bitch will stop by to collect what you owe her I know some people out there do not give a rats ass but those kind should not be bitching when that Shaft if up there buttocks

#87 ·
I agree, Karma will get her turn ten fold. We are a tight knit community and are here to help.

#83 ·
This story makes me mad a fellow. Net member has the nerve to shwindle another member. What a maggot. Its very unfortunate that you were hot and heavy to buy the bike. Hopefully some good will come about. Sounds like the guy is a douche and he wires **** up ghetto. Dont think he ready many how to forums on here because there are many members who have done the hid mod with quality results. Good luck man.

#84 ·
Yeah i agree i mean i wish he could have done some better mods or custom work to make the HID ballast hidden more so that all the wires wouldnt be everywhere showing and stuff but yeah that is correct it was my fault i was in the heat of moment when buying something i mean im pretty sure a lot of us out there who sees something nice then go straight out full on cash and drops the money for whatever it is they see. i have to admit i was pretty stupid on that one but i mean the basically my father told me the dude basically charge the battery overnight so it had a little bit of juice in the battery just so he could sell his bike i mean the guy had a battery within a few steps away from the bike knowing that the bike could have stalled out when i was about to buy it other than that i pushed the bike home for a good few hours and when it happened i called the guy all he said was its not my bike you signed the papers its under your name its not my problem your bike you deal with it he had my money i mean i did not know all of this was gonna happen if i knew i wouldnt have bought it i just figured it was only cosmetic parts and fairing problems i was gonna switch them out anyways but i didnt know it was gonna be this bad i had reality check hit me pretty hard that night when i walked the bike home you don't know how many times i said "F*** you JOHN for buying a F***** up A** bike. as he hunged up on me and told me it was my problem as soon as i got the bike home i was like **** theres nothing i can do about it i asked the dude nicely if he could buy me a battery he said its not his problem anymore

#85 · (Edited)
Jaw
What is in the past is there already bro do not beat yourself up I promise you the seller will get the Shaft with petroleum jelly some day very soon call him up and give him this message """""Moe from dot net is warning you stay the hell away from the site """"

Reactions: nahrah
#86 ·
im surprised no one has said to check the stator yet. it was mentioned if the battery died again but if it was me i wouldnt give it a chance to die again after all this i would just assume it was bad until i checked it and proved otherwise. usually the battery will die within a day of use though if it is the stator but id rather not be stranded again if i was you. and as said by others the case def looks to be painted. take a closer look and i bet you will see tape lines on it. its irrelevant really but your going to want to know your bike inside and out so just adding to the info

#88 ·
I suggested Jaw to check the moty battery and get it load tested first to see if it passes or not that is the easiest thing to check being that Jaw is a new bike owner I did not want to over load him with procedures and scare him from his RR after the battery will get into his next issue to check

#89 ·
I will remove all the fairing pieces tomorrow get rid of the ballast clean up the bike check the fuses and as for the stator i am not so sure what to do with it... do i just remove the whole thing or take the bike to a shop before i start removing all of the fairing pieces and remove the stupid dangerous electronic wiring for for the HID because when i start the bike up i smell plastic burning.. then through my day at skidazzle lol i really want that 20 dollar big bear pass so thats it so far for now ill get started tomorrow morning asap and i will be taking pictures and loading them onto here tomorrow

#92 ·
Lesson learn. Move on.
Nexttime if u need help before buying . Let us know and we can help u in the right direction. As long as the bike is running good after that new battery. Then cosmetic can be dealt later.

I wouldn't had pay 6k tho.

#93 ·
Damn $6k for an 07??? That's a 5yr-old bike... I think you paid way too much. If it was in pristine condition maybe its worth that, but obviously it wasn't.

Sorry to hear what happend but hope it works out for you.

#94 ·
dont you have buyer protection laws in the us?

we have a cool down period of 7 days. if within 7 days of purchase im not happy with the bike i can reverse the deal, get my money back.

you sure you cant do the same legally?

#95 ·
He could if he had written proof but I doubt it.. Another thing I learned from my CL lemon days.. Always get a bill of sale.. And written that everything is running ok if not noted the only things not so if its a f**ked up POS I will take them to small claims and show that it was promised as stated if less than cars your MF..

Always get as much in details as possible and everything done is in email so I have a paper trail.. And NEVER pay cash only check or cashiers check with a copy some way because my buddy bought a civic SI and the dude took the cash reported it stolen and said he never got paid my buddy was sol And lost 4k.. Like I said live and learn and I've learned ALOT..

Hopefully OP knows better for the next time..

#96 ·
Sorry to hear about all that Sh*t you went through. We live and we learn, Just make sure you take someone with you next time! I have a few friends in LA if you want I can get them to look at you bike for you. Pm me, but looking at the thread it looks like everyone has your back. Good luck! Doesnt seem to bad to be honest. Just cosmetics.

#97 ·
Aftermarket/repainted fairings are always a red flag. I never would consider buying a bike with them but if I did I would inspect it even more carefully. And on at least it's third battery with 5K miles would make me think the speedo cluster has been replaced with a low mile one. May have a case of odometer fraud here. Seller seems shady enough to have done that.

#98 ·
this is OEM. the left side fairings has some scratches on them when i lowsided. i'm still debating if im going to sell the old fairings or not.

quick update guys. maybe yall can help me. for some reason, there is a problem. the fitment from the tank to the upper mid is kinda lose. i mean, its not even fitting. i tried pushing it in even with the help of my friends. it will go in, but after riding for a while it will open up again. im not sure what else to do. i put tape on it for the time being while i look for a way to make it fit. i read through the reviews that loosening the bolts from the bottom will make it work. but other than that, do you guys have any idea if there is a way how to fix this? like some kinda molding tape to make it fit? i really need your help guys. other than that, everything else fits just fine.

i can send you guys pics to anyone who wants to see how big the gap is LOL
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=241059

#99 ·
Whether or not he admitted to you that he dropped the bike, he mentioned it in that fairing thread of his. At least you can move forward with a better understanding of what you now have. Good luck with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#101 · (Edited)
First of all WOW!!!

I understand the OP is frustrated at the ordeal, so ill try not to take the comments too personally.

lets start with the facts, the bike has some issues. possibly electrical issues being it was hooked up to a car to attempt to start it and physical damage through out. I apologize if that comes off a bit strong, but ive worked hard for the past 7-8 years to build a reputable business that is know through the internet to have flawless quality and customer service.

being you are new to the hobby, id be more than happy to explain what these batteries are. They are a performance modification to the oem system that shed 7 lbs and provides 63% more cranking power. being its a performance part it has a certain down side, it will not tolerate over/ under charging. this is explained in the 1 year warranty

now thats out of the way lets now talk about warranties there are a few manufacturers out there that offer longer warranties, but you need to read the fine print. i could put LIFETIME WARRANTY with the fine print other people have on their stuff. the fine print gives them a way out, if the battery has ever been discharged below 10V the warranty is void (obviously if you battery is dead the voltage is below 10V thats right off the bat a out of warranty battery), then they require you to buy THEIR charger other wise instantly warranty voided... the list goes on and on. the reality is our warranty covers workmanship of the battery. If the battery has something break, or a connection is lost or something of that nature anyone of the companies out there will provide you a replacement (even out side of their warranty period)(this is because we very seldom have an issue like this)

anyway i feel bad you didnt get what you thought you bought, MOTYDesign.com has no control over that. I hope that you understand blaming us shouldnt be your knee jerk reaction. Buyer beware when purchasing a used bike, going online and ridiculing us isnt fair, we would be curious why you arent blaming Honda because it didnt start. Its really neither of our fault, a piece of equipment can only do so much and expecting a warranty to take care of this seems a bit naive. So please understand that your comments have a HUGE impact on our company which we feel we did nothing to warrant them. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Brian Harris
Owner of MOTYDesign.com

#102 ·
**** man I'm sorry to hear that. As everyone else has said lesson learned. Wish I knew you so I could have picked you up in my truck.

I know there are people in here who know a lot more about bikes than I do. They are all definitely willing to help you out with anything. Can't wait to hear when she is all good with no issues.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#105 ·
I wish i knew you was looking for a bike, you could have gotten my 04 600 rr for $4000 ( Very Clean ) 06 oem face lift, & tricked it out chrome etc and still had plenty of cash in your pocket to take out your girl!!! NO ele tape & broken parts here, starts up everytime!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.