Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

"You should really just buy a GoldWing"

4K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  BLUETORI 
#1 ·
Had to run a few errands after school today and on my way home some guy yelled for me to buy a GoldWing as I was sitting at a redlight. I barely even heard him (I listen to music with my Scala G9) and it took until the light turned green for it to register what he said.

What the heck is he talking about? I don't think its that unreasonable for a guy on a CBR to be carrying

2 Qts of Yamalube
Chain Cleaner
Silicon Spray
Stabil
Calculus Book
Latin American Book
Notebook
Tire Pressure Gauge
Ear Plugs
10mm Wrench
Hex Wrench
Disc Lock
Calculator
Rag
Glock 26
Multitool
And I put my jacket liner in there because it warmed up.

:)

See less See more
#3 ·
Dito^ after my MSF class and my teacher crushed it like it was a joke in her goldwing (she weighs (90 lbs wet) I've kind of wanted one especially when she showed us the heated seats ride adjustment and everything... More of a convertible luxury car than a bike IMO.

#4 ·
I like how the glock is just slipped into that list like it's just as normal as a pencil case (UK member here) lol.

I don't think its unreasonable to have something to carry items on the bike, its not like we can fit anything under the rear seat

If I get random people shouting at me I normally respond with the current time, f**ks them right up

#5 ·
#10 ·
Don't buy a Goldwing, buy a storage unit. Why are you carrying half of those things with you all the time? Can't you keep those chemicals and liner at home? I can see the books for school and the Glock. Why not keep those tools under the passenger seat?

I gotta go with the Goldwing comment, honestly. Or a backpack. That thing just looks silly on there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

#13 ·
Sorry, missed that I guess. Still, that looks ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

#16 ·
How do you like the Ogio tail bag? I'm a huge Ogio fan boy, they make fantastic products, and I'm considering swapping my nelson riggs saddle bags for a full Ogio set up. There is already a thread on the saddle bags, so my query is specifically about the tail bag.

Looks to have plenty of room lol.

#25 ·
Originally Posted by lownslo600
???????? What good is a cop without a gun or something. They might as well be mall security at that point
We don't have people walking about the streets with Glocks, so there isn't really much need for them to be armed.

Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People:

USA - 2.98

UK - 0.03
What is the overall violent crime rate per 100,000?

And if you are violently attacked in the UK what is your course of action for self defense?

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#27 ·
What is the overall violent crime rate per 100,000?

And if you are violently attacked in the UK what is your course of action for self defense?

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
take the beating like a man. nothing we can do. If we attack back and manage to beat the pr*k then they can press charges against the initial victim. its F*cked up to say the least

#33 ·
LOL you know how many times I've gotten this exact same comment?? (not necessarily shouted at me on the street, but still...). I've got it not only cuz of all the stuff I haul on it sometimes, but also cuz of how much I ride

Roadtrip... all my stuff for 18 days on the road... clothes, food, tools, laptop, etc

Camping trip.... clothes and whatnot for a weekend, laptop, big maglite flashlight, tent, twin size blow up air mattress (with built in pump!), sleeping bag, pillow, snacks and drinks, and a few other misc things too

Pretty much everything here, lol.... drying out after the monsoon the night before

So don't worry I'm right there with ya.... no shame :ciao::crackup:

#37 ·
LOL you know how many times I've gotten this exact same comment?? (not necessarily shouted at me on the street, but still...). I've got it not only cuz of all the stuff I haul on it sometimes, but also cuz of how much I ride

Roadtrip... all my stuff for 18 days on the road... clothes, food, tools, laptop, etc

Camping trip.... clothes and whatnot for a weekend, laptop, big maglite flashlight, tent, twin size blow up air mattress (with built in pump!), sleeping bag, pillow, snacks and drinks, and a few other misc things too

Pretty much everything here, lol.... drying out after the monsoon the night before

So don't worry I'm right there with ya.... no shame :ciao::crackup:
I am still staring at the photos.....how the hell can you ride with all that stuff on your bike? Do you weigh 30 pounds?

#35 ·
Had to run a few errands after school today and on my way home some guy yelled for me to buy a GoldWing as I was sitting at a redlight.

What the heck is he talking about? I don't think its that unreasonable for a guy on a CBR to be carrying
I have a couple of Kriega bags totalling 30L of space. I've used them together only once, but ofter use one or the other when I don't want a backpack. Must say their backpacks are hardly noticeable when I use the one I have. I think it's quite normal to pack stuff on the back, however...

To the uninitiated, it probably does look ridiculous. What would you think if you saw a high performance sports car towing a trailer? Probably the same thing. Why are you so worried about what he thinks? Do you want the approval of other riders to justify your choice? Obviously not so just do what you want and ignore the idiots on the street. There'll always be a comment about something from the gallery - just give it all the attention it deserves and you'll feel a lot better.

#39 ·
I love the Goldwing. It handles WAY better at speed (slow speed it obviously is an absolute pig) than one would think and the power is redonk. Ground clearance sucks and you MUST adjust riding style or **** will scrape everytime you turn.

#41 ·
Is that an 06-07 STi I see in the background there?!? That's what you should have used for the road trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.