Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Might Have to Say GoodBye On Tuesday...

31K views 438 replies 78 participants last post by  Bridge_Jumper 
#1 ·
So I got pulled over last week for my license plate being too low, by the California Highway Patrol. They pulled me over and had 3 officer's come in and look at my bike. Had me on the curb everything, searched me, searched the bike. They told me the bike was probably stolen, and they think my VIN # is tampered with. When I purchased the bike, I checked the VIN and the Seller's CA.ID. The name on the title and the VIN # Matched. Didn't see anything fishy to me. I got the bike insured and everything in my name. The registration is paid until September of 2013. So I'm legit as you can get. However, on Tuesday, I have to take my bike to the CHP offices in Redwood City, CA. They told me I have to leave my bike there for a few days while they perform "tests" on it. Well, they really think It's stolen. I don't. What would you guys do? What do you guys think? If it was stolen why the hell wouldn't they just tow it right then and there? Why would they let me ride it home, and around still (I told them this is my ONLY mode of transportation) Also. If the bike was stolen how would I possibly be able to insure a "stolen" VIN #? Any help would be appreciated. Personally I think this is a case of " Young Guy On A Sports Bike Being Harassed"... Any thoughts opinions anything? I'm scared shitless. If they take it, they take a piece of my soul, my transportation and I'm out $4K....Damn man, I hope NONE of you EVER EVER EVER have to go through this heart wrenching ordeal. Thanks guys.

#225 ·
It's really finally sunk in and hit me: my bike is gone there isn't really anything I can do about it. The only thing I had to show for all my hard work is gone. It took me 8 years to get over messing up my ankle on a dirt bike to ever go near a motorcycle. I finally did it in July and took the MSF course. I was proud of myself, I got a bike! I finally had done something I set my mind to. Now it's gone. I truly have nothing else. Which sucks. No car nothing. I feel like quite the failure. :( feeling shitty right now

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#228 ·
#229 · (Edited)
Tribal
You accomplished one dream even though it took you E. I. G. H. T years so I have no doubt what so ever that your R6 dream will be conquered the best part is it won't take you E I G H T years again
won't even take you 8 month

Put your mind to it kick the anger off your brain and heart otherwise you are going to dwell in sorrow which won't do you any good get a huge card board and write on it in big letters with a sharpie
"""" Dare to Dream """ and hang that in your room before you know the R6 will be staring you in da face

Life is too dam short man to be sorry for your self keep your head up high you have not failed us at .net one bit and you sure as hell did not fail your self either I mean these words bro remember --------------$ Dare to Dream $------------- and you will conquer

#230 ·
Your ******* right moeman even if I'm bike less for 3 months I've already got 2k towards a bike! That's a down payment to a dealership! **** yeah

#231 ·
You see what I see :banger: and you are helping put a Bitch Ass Thief in :spank::bootyshak:gun1:Jail

#232 ·
Hell yeah he better get busted . Even though I get an R6 I'm still a CBR family member I have a feeling I won't be as close knit to yam fam like I am with you guys

#234 ·
#235 ·
Yeah but I ain't leaving here lol

You better not, if you do, I'mma find you:cruising:

Keep your head up man, it's a lesson, a hard one to accept, but you are a better person now with this experience. Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

#237 ·
Damn right I won't leave I won't have any of you out cruising for a fat guy on an R6 lol

#239 ·
crash
Of course they won't pay they are such business to make money off premiums and payments and they will fight tooth and nil not to pay for any claims

#241 ·
dude, sorry to hear man, that is unreal.

maybe i missed it in the post, but were you able to give the CHP any info on the guy who sold it to you?

#242 ·
:+1:, yeah, did they catch that prick yet???

#243 ·
I gave that fools address phone number **** I even told them what kind and color truck he drives. They know what color his front door is . Normally I hate snitching and snitches but when you **** me over like this nah. The guy had like 3 more bikes under covers on his porch the last time I went. I hope they get him assholes like that deserve it truly . And thanks everyone for
The emotional support it's such a shitty situation to be in

#245 ·
I won't bro haha . Just looking for a bike is hard work and stuff and it's tough cause the family is being little bitches about the whole thing

#286 ·
I won't bro haha . Just looking for a bike is hard work and stuff and it's tough cause the family is being little bitches about the whole thing

yeah it hard to look for that one bike that calls to you.. i went to a shop taht sells bikes. i was actually there to see a black Yamaha 636 decked out with neon lol . but it didn't have a gas gauge and it just didn't feel right you know. then the guy said hey we have a cbr for the same price if u wanna see it. i was like sure might as well. bam instant love. yellow 03 cbr 600 rr i was like mmmmm i even got him to knock off a few hundred due to a crack in the left fairing from being dropped against garage wall.

#246 ·
hopefully they get him and he got some $$ to cover for the bike u lost

#247 ·
Yeah hopefully. I don't want to have to take matter into my own hand . My trigger finger is itchy. ..... Wahhhhh I feel like crying! But I ain't no baby lol

#249 ·
:gun1:
really, really hope there is some justice out there and you come out on the winning end of it!!!!

#248 ·
Reactions: TRIBAL05BLACK
#250 ·
Thanks Kali! nd thanks Irish . Yeah it's tough they better help me out haha or at least do SOMETHING to him. Cause now I'm in a bind I have no transportation :(

Reactions: kali_cbr600rr
#251 ·
hey tribal I will supply the shovel and siri will tell us a good place to dump the body lets nail this prick! what do ya say? I will do a burn out on his face muahahah

nah but with all seriousness I hope all works out man, and hope you are back up riding soon, I have a feeling you will.

#253 ·
Tribal
The main issue at hand is to not let the chase , arrests, lock down die keep nagging CHP call them every day and ask about the progress in this case become a pain in their necks otherwise you won't get any where with them

Reactions: TRIBAL05BLACK
#254 ·
#255 ·
Tribal,if I'm not mistaken you should have some legal rights to take action against the seller since he mislead you on a sale and tampered with VIN in order to make the sale. Definitely contact a lawyer and get a conultation. Most lawyers charge around 150 for a consultation and can help you figure out your situation. Atleast then you'll know your full rights on the situation.

Keep us updated and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.