Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Just put my deposit on a 13 600 Repsol

22K views 163 replies 57 participants last post by  crashkhanman 
#1 ·
Just left the dealer. Put down my deposit to secure a 13 Repsol. Coming in end of february or beginning of march. Stoked. Surfing the net:spin: looking for things i want to buy for it. No better feeling.

#90 ·
If I had the $ if buy 3. One to put under cover & forget about, one for a daily rider & a third for the track. Nice dream fo sho but I can only afford one.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#94 ·
Just visted my dealer to see if they'd be getting any repsols in and was surprised to hear the salesman saying there are differences between the repsol edition and the other '13s. I've never read anything like this and assumed the only differences were the paint and decals. He said that the repsol has a different (I think lighter) frame and is tuned differently. Is any of this true or is he mistaken? Previously was the 1000rr repsol edition different from the other 1000rr? Maybe that's what he's familiar with and is confused about the 600 model.

#95 ·
I'd be shocked if that were true. I've never heard any of the 1kr repsols being different than the other 1krs. I doubt the 600 is any different. I will definitely ask my dealer if there is any truth to this but I'm betting there isn't.

#96 ·
^ Thanks that'd be awesome.

I'm really considering the Repsol because, It'll probably hold it's price better than the other '13 models and I'm not really that excited for the other colors (red, and blue/white/red). Probably go for the combination colors if I don't pickup the Repsol Edition. My only hesitation is the fact how flashy it is. I really like the look but I dislike the attention from others its bound to have.

#98 ·
congrats!! i think the 13 repsol is a very nice bike, i always liked the repsols,my buddy has an 07 repsol and it is gorgous! i wanted to buy one but a 1krr is too much for a first bike. when i was looking for bikes last winter i came across a brand new 09tri-color sitting at a dealer and bought it but now i kind of wish i waited.

#99 ·
Thanx. I know the feeling. I have an 08 1kr but don't care for it. I've been wanting to go back to the 600. I've been waiting since 09 for a new machine. When I saw the 12 come out I was like ugh! I said I'm giving it one more year. I'm glad I waited.

#100 ·
That bike is soooo friken sick!! I wish I could afford one!

On the other hand I can't afford crap, that's why my beloved truck is up for sale :(

#101 ·
The Repsol is only finish and paint difference. We code them differently in our systems, but it's only because it's a "limited" edition color.

For instance, we had the same thing with the Erion Racing 929's. Normal 929's are coded with the model series being CBR900RR, whereas the Erions were CBR900RE. Repsols are typically CBR1000RR/R.

Also, the new wheels are not lighter, but as the previous poster said, they are stronger and have a more responsive shape. I've ridden new 1000RR's quite a bit now and while I'm a 600cc guy at heart, the new suspension that the 1000's have has made me want to switch.

If the 600RR suspension components are similar, I would be very excited if I was in the market.

#104 · (Edited)
It sounds like you work at a dealership, any chance you could answer some specific questions.

I imagine it could depend heavily on the size of the dealership but what is general price to the dealers from Honda, and what is the standard markup? My dealer is $400 over msrp but that's likely because of shipping to Hawaii. Unless, albeit unlikely, Honda burdens expense. Thinking about ordering a repsol next week so any detailed info on the process will give me a lot more leverage to work with in getting the best price.

Thanks

#109 ·
Here's my deal. I've owned three 600s. I ride with a group that is a mix of CCs. Over the years many have been asking me why I don't get a 1000. I've never felt the need for a 1000. I have never had a problem keeping up or even passing 1000s. I said if ever had that problem I'd buy a 1000. Then in 08 I saw the new 1kr @ the dealer. It looked like Honda did a good job with it. I had started to wonder if they were right & I was missing something. So I bought it. Now I won't say I hate it. It is a good machine. It is fast but not as agile in the twisties where a majority of my riding is done. I also don't love the looks of the bike. I don't absolutely hate the looks or I never would have bought it. When I look at it I don't say mmhm. Those who love their bikes know what I mean by that. I've never been disappointed with any of my 600s. I loved each & every one of them. I have tried the 1000 so I would be able to say that I don't need it for sure. If I never tried it then I couldn't say that for sure. To me you aren't gaining enough with a 1000 to justify living with it. More $ for insurance & giving up a lot in cornering ability. That's why I'm going back to the 600. Most believe I am taking a step back & that's their opinion. My opinion is that it's a step forward. That is my story.

#111 ·
Fair enough. I definitely know what you mean about falling in love with the looks of your bike. I guess for 2 up riding the 1000 is a better choice, but I myself am content with my 600 even though a lot of my friends have bigger bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#134 ·
I am too. Apparently so is my misses.. She's all, the 2012 red and white one is nice looking, and you could get it for allot less, and you could have it now...

My response... But its not as awesome looking and aerodynamic, and the money im saving wouldnt make up for me replacing the rims.. and... lol, it needs to be early April already...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.