Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

The new 2013 cbr600rr..... Is awful looking!!

106K views 300 replies 142 participants last post by  M03RR 
#1 · (Edited)
I feel pretty let down... after 6 years of production of an absolutely beautiful bike... This is Honda replacement! Even if it's technically better, and I'm sure that it is, I'm not sure I'd ever be caught riding it..

Now that Audi has purchased Ducati, Audi will have quality and reliability influence over future bikes, and it may be time to jump ship...

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cbr600rr.aspx Here's the Honda Website link

Thoughts?

:director: WHAT IS THIS, HONDA?!

See less See more
#258 ·
The bike actually looks pretty good in person, but I'll also be counted amongst those that are disappointed that Honda is staying w/the undertail exhaust. With all the "free" development Honda is getting from the Moto2 class, I thought for sure it would be gone by now. I can't recall seeing any of the bikes in that class still using an undertail exhaust.

For those that aren't aware, the Moto2 class uses modified 600RR engines.

#259 ·
The thing about moto GP is that the bikes aren't production based. Most of the r&d comes from other series production classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#263 ·
#265 ·
I don't mind the under tail exhaust either. I also like the fact that other manufacturers are going with the side exhaust like bikes used to have. I can deal with either style. What I can't stand is that half abortion pipe that sticks out underneath. They call it "GP style". Ah. I call it hideous.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#266 ·
Bike is 95% the same as the previous generation. Just plastics restyled and some slight HP/torque increase.

The subframe would need to be re-shaped now that the pipe would be gone.

Honda is playing it safe and updating the current bike, not making a new one.

I for one don't like "GP" exhausts. The look fat. I like REAL gp exhausts, ones that are smaller diameter cans that are about 12-20 inches long and run up and along the swing arm. Even though I work for Honda, I'm tired of seeing the same 600RR for 6 years now. I hope we see something new completely in '15.

#268 ·
well I sat on a repsol over the weekend, and I have to say it's familiar but more ergonomic than my 09'. The tank feels better between my legs. From the looks of it, just looks like cosmetic changes but a guy from honda said it was new from ground up including the engine. Not so sure about that as it looks so damn similar.

As far as the looks, I like the race bike without headlights.

#272 ·
I like it:) definitely like the the front end of the previous Gen better but I like it. Not trying to troll you guys but the new gsxr600s and 750s I like. And I didn't like that style at first either. If you are exposed to it enough, it will grow on you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

#276 ·
So went by one in a parking lot today and it took me a few to realize it was a brand new bike. The thing looked like it was 8 years old

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#280 ·
Majority consensus agrees that the new generation has taken a turn for the worse.. Why would Honda do this ?? The stubby nose and the un-tapered side fairings just give it a hideous look compared to the 07-12 (best years for cbr)

It's a massive disappointment! For all the people saying that it will grow on you should go take a look at this bike in person. It will not grow on you lol.

#282 ·
I went to the dealer to buy a 2012 last year, hoping to get a deal on old inventory. I saw the all red 2013, fell in love and rode her home that day. I get compliments all the time and ride with many others locally that also have the 2013.

Reactions: Hrcfan1 and VinhMym
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.