Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How to: Throttle Bodies Removal 07-08

22K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  sdca7718 
#1 ·
After a lot of searching and coming up with no results I've put together a step-by-step how to on removing your throttle bodies. I may have forgotten a small step on unplugging one item here or there, but you'll be able to figure it out. Note, people in CA may have an additional step to remove some 5-way joint hoses (not shown below).

This will hopefully save you a headache and plenty of cursing.

See less See more
#2 ·
why exactly would someone want to remove the throttle bodies?

#7 ·
Harry
Excellent explanation!! Just fitted a HRC quick action throttle kit to my RRA and got to the point of trying to work out how to remove the lower cable. Read your article and removed the throttle bodies and it is real easy. Stupidly refitted the stock cable and refitted the bodies but only took ten minutes to swap over. Overall lots of things to remove etc but pretty straight forward.
Cheers BUD

Duncan

#12 ·
You're welcome. I upgraded to the Motion Pro as well, so I figured I'd document the process since I didn't see one up here.

The only tool you'll need is an extra long philips screwdriver (16") to get the throttle bodies loose. You can get it for cheap from Harbor Freight, since I doubt you'll use it again.

#16 ·
Hey Mack,

The screws that tighten the hose clamps to the throttle bodies are in the picture below. In order to access them, look underneath the frame, above the clutch cover and strator cover. On the strator side you'll see them by your VIN sticker on the frame. You can access the two on the left, then go to the other side for the two on the right. You should be able to see them with your fairings on.

Yes, if you loosen, that's all you need to remove the OEM throttle cables. The only way to do it without removing the bodies, which is more of a PITA, is to use a pair of needle nose plyers that are curved, and you'd reach below the green arrow. My method is much easier, even though you have an added step. You just need a long philips screwdriver. Check harbor freight, and use a 20% coupon.

#19 · (Edited)
Okay...I am looking. So after those bands are removed they should come out? How much wiggling/pulling is involved. They are not coming out haha...unless I am missing something.

Where'd you get your manual? I have the Haynes one and I do not even have a 6-60.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#22 ·
So another quick bump! I need a reminder here!

On the throttle bodies when they are removed there are two fuel lines with connectors on the fuel rail. I know one goes to the upper fuel rail that is removed when the airbox is removed and the other one goes to the bottom of the fuel tank.

The lower hose is the one that connects to the fuel tank...correct? and the other hose connects to the upper fuel rain on the airbox?

#23 ·
Big Thank You

EXCELLENT post, you a life saver!! Solved my issue with replacing throttle tube. I couldn't get enough slack then found out i had to get more slack form the throttle cable end that's on the throttle body. I had no clue what to do but you took excellent pic's with even better step by step instructions. I may have not used all of the information you provided yet what i needed was completely resolved with your help. THANK YOU!!:goodpost

#26 ·
That looks like the hose to the map sensor on the bottom of the air box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.