Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Finished My New Tail Project ... finally!!

4K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  JoshuaR 
#1 ·
Couldn't help myself ... had to show off my new tail fairing after all the help I have received from so many of you on this forum.

After breaking the tail light and connector tab of the original Repsol tail fairing, I have replace both. The solid black tail is growing on me and I have a pair of silver "Repsol" decals on order so you know I'll be posting more pics once they show up.

See less See more
#13 ·
Really tough to accurately describe the sound ... very cool though. Don't see any evidence of the pipe being cut ... pretty sure it's just the can. They cut out a flame with the top part of what they eliminated. Super cool looking but a bee-otch to keep clean!!

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#26 ·
looks good, but what exactly did chu did?

modify the tail subframe? and how about that exhaust? you chop it?

any issue with the exhaust spitting moist or smoke into the tail or any such?

#34 ·
looks good, but what exactly did chu did?

modify the tail subframe? and how about that exhaust? you chop it?

any issue with the exhaust spitting moist or smoke into the tail or any such?

I didn't do anything too extreme but since I did all the work myself, I was pretty proud of it. My old tail fairing and tail light got busted up by road debris so I bought that black tail, replaced my tail light, fabricated my own mounting brackets for the tail light and then installed a Tripage signal relay. Then I ordered those grey Repsol decals and put those on. No mods to the sub-frame.

As for the exhaust, the guy I bought the bike from had someone in Austin chop and yes, the smoke discolors the tail light lens but nothing that a little Bean Clean can't get off. :)

#35 ·
those white repsol plastics are sweet, I'm not usually a big fan of bikes covered in decals, but then I see bikes like this one, or rizzo's, or nutty's & think I should just get a set of aftermarket plastics myself.

that exhaust is certainly unique, I'm guessing the soot builds up under the passenger seat?

#37 ·
Thanks swan ... not sure I'd recommend these after market plastics or what Rizzo and nutty think of theirs but the ones I have are very brittle. I'm slowly replacing pieces as push rivet holes shatter ... kind of a PITA ... just sayin ...

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.