Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

My bike beat the odds...

2K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  MotoMillion 
#1 ·
I literally just showed up to a bike night the other day with some friends. I wasn't even going to enter my bike. Its free, but the catch is that you have to stay the several hours until the results are announced - and I had a girl that was needing me :bootyshak

Anyway, I stayed. There were about 40 entries - all Harleys.

The Judges were 60 year old, assless chap wearing, Harley gurus which made it even weirder that I won.

Pic of bike for reference. They said most of what attracted them to the bike was the color....???

Pretty cool I guess :banger:

See less See more
#2 ·
wait ...

So you won a bike show

going against Harleys

where the judge was obviously a Harley guy

with a stock bike?

because the stock color was apealing?

thats awsome lol

Reactions: MikeyP
#14 ·
I usually don't hate on Harley's because there's no point, but I have to jump on this opportunity: Maybe they thought your Metallic Green was a custom painted color because they never care to look at sport bikes? (probably not the best joke, but oh well). Hahaha, congrats!

#19 ·
Congrats, I think.

Are you sure the judges weren't playing a prank considering you were the only sportbike there? Were the judges all cruiser guys? Sure sounds strange.

Perhaps the Graphite Black / Bright Lime Green Metallic paint from your 2009 reminded those guys of the current (click me for linky!) Harley "Hard Candy" color choices. Lots of metallic flake, etc.

Enjoy the trophy. The real question is how did you manage to get that piece of hardware home on the bike? :)

#20 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking they got a good laugh out of it. If your bike was modded heavier I would be more inclined to think the award was sincere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.