Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Scuffle ....advice

5K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  ToroPop 
#1 ·
I figure this would be fitting to put this here and I need some level headed advice.
Today I went to change lanes as I went to the car in front of me put there signal on and considering I had already merged I pulled forward. Well this bloke did not like it so he followed with speeding past me on turn lane and braked checked me.
From this point I was pissed because he nearly hit me so I (i know filtered him and busted his mirror on his SUV). After this I'm just trying to make sure he knew that yeah im pissed. He pulls into the shoulder jumps out and starts hitting me. I am in gear so I try to put it in neutral and I end up just putting the side stand down and get off. I push him back to get them away from me and leave well then this other guy gets out and joins in as I try to leave kicks my rear tyre and I almost run into another car. Then they take my tag and run the intersection and get on the freeway.
I know the car and feel now am deteines to destroy his car since he had his irk uniform on.
Please give me some advice.

#7 ·
So if an SUV brake checks you, I guess your like " oh whatever"
I get sick of people trying to run a bike off the road. People gets pissed if I pull up to close to there car at lights. That will sometimes cause people to try and run me off the road. I normally try and just away from them.

#14 ·
I went to the police station and told them they said well keep an eye out for him and I know how you feel I have a motorcycle too.

And yes I did hit them back basically tryi g to keep these guys off of me.

#9 ·
Lesson here, if you're going to punch out a mirror you make sure you have an escape immediately after that's easy & clean. I'd rather not risk some asshat knocking my bike down while off of it playing rockem-sockem boxer in traffic.

#12 ·
I barely understood what you wrote but from the 2nd post I think I understand now.

So was this in the freeway or the streets and why did you stop? You could of kept going and ignored them...and how the fuk did they have enough time to take your tag off the bike? Did they have some powertools and find some time while fighting you to screw off your tags?(im assuming tags mean your license plate). Thats pretty crazy.

My advice find where he lives and fuk up his car and leave a nice note on the windshield.

#13 ·
No offense to OP or anyone else, but I always think that anyone who punches or kicks a car is an idiot...I don't care how angry you might be at whatever the driver did...But be smart about it...All they have to do is turn their steering wheel 30 degrees, in either direction, and you're smashed...

Consider that you got lucky, OP...What if instead of all that, he was some idiot (which there are a lot of) who was equally furious because he thought YOU wronged him so he pulled out a gun and shot you?

It's not worth it man. Give him a finger, cuss a bit inside your helmet, and drive off.

Better yet, knock on his window and say, "Hey sir, you should really be careful. You almost killed me."

Ride away, done deal.

#18 ·
Lets find him and James Bond his ass!!!

Reactions: Inkslingerxx
#20 ·
Why the hell did you stop? If you're going to start a fight against a car while on a bike, you better have a better escape route planned out because you'll lose.

#24 ·
You've got to let that kind of stuff go. You can't win against a car/SUV/whatever. Not smart breaking the mirror, but...

When he hit you and you, I assume, were in gear, why didn't you hit him back? If you managed to get your stand down, he couldn't have hit you that hard. Sounds like he was a bit of a wuss and you could've... and shoul've... beat the hell out of him. I think it would've been easy to prove he instigated the fight since you were already in the open and he had to get out of his vehicle to attack you. You could've said the mirror was busted during the scuffle. Actually, you can still say that anyway, but there could be another witness to say what you did now.

#26 ·
Beyond all the ******** and slagging thats going on here. I would say that you will be fine.

If you tag is your number plate, wait till he presses charges or goes for insurance claim then charge for assault. should not have hit you even if you did dip out and break his mirror... the law lies on the shoulders of the last man to escalate the situation which is **** in most circumstances but good for you cos you pussed it and didn't knock him one.

just lay and wait, suck it up, don't make any sudden movements dude. don't feel bad either. human emotion is a primal and natural thing, all the nay sayers are whiney bitches that have probably never had a hard day in their lives.

#28 ·
Beyond all the ******** and slagging thats going on here. I would say that you will be fine.

If you tag is your number plate, wait till he presses charges or goes for insurance claim then charge for assault. should not have hit you even if you did dip out and break his mirror... the law lies on the shoulders of the last man to escalate the situation which is **** in most circumstances but good for you cos you pussed it and didn't knock him one.

just lay and wait, suck it up, don't make any sudden movements dude. don't feel bad either. human emotion is a primal and natural thing, all the nay sayers are whiney bitches that have probably never had a hard day in their lives.
I did hit the guy once he started hitting me basically he was slapping my helmet so I through him against the car, that's when his buddy jumped out and kIcked my rear tyre as I was leaving.
I am going to leave this issue alone I don't want/need to have something else to escalate from this.

#30 ·
Cage vs bike = you lose.

I can't say I haven't had stuff go down that has made me want to yank someone out of their vehicle, but you have to let it go.

In this type of situation there is no winner, and there is no telling what the end result will be. Generally not good for either party.

You may think you have gotten away only to be run the eff over 10 miles down the road.

My advice is to take a deep breath next time and remember that when you ride a motorcycle you are the minority, and you have chosen to accept all the risks associated with riding.

#32 ·
Well i dont think i would have hit the mirror but who knows. Once he started hitting though i have a short fuse for that kind of ****. Especially when his friend decided to jump in.
I would recommend BARRACUDA BC-37 Stun Gun. You would have at lest let one of them know what 3.7 million volts (its enough to feel through leather) feels like and it would have evend up the fight. I have no patience for people that team up against one person.

#38 ·
Well i dont think i would have hit the mirror but who knows. Once he started hitting though i have a short fuse for that kind of ****. Especially when his friend decided to jump in.
I would recommend BARRACUDA BC-37 Stun Gun. You would have at lest let one of them know what 3.7 million volts (its enough to feel through leather) feels like and it would have evend up the fight. I have no patience for people that team up against one person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZ0e7I2g_8&feature=relmfu
I disagree. As soon as he stunned the first guy the second guy would be all over him. Assuming a knife wasn't pulled.

Non lethal force is only good 1-on-1.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#33 ·
Wow that is insane I may actually think about that and just have it in my tank bag but hopefully this never happens again. I'm still more pissed at the other guy in the car who decided to jump in and kick my back tyre. Id have to choose who to stun.

#37 ·
If anyone ever attacked me while I'm on my bike I'm immediately pulling a gun on them. That's "attempted car jacking" as I see it and well deserving of lethal force.

That said, things like that don't happen here precisely because people know that.

Next time don't break their mirror off until you have an escape route.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#44 ·
ah the children are strong in this one

op, grow up, people are not purposefully trying to run you off the road so cool the **** down

#46 ·
i usually just give them a head shake, a chuckle to myslef, and the wtf shoulder shrug and they get mad theres no reaction and speed off.

i used to get mad when i drove my car but after a while i realized that people get more mad when you just laugh at them when they are already mad, and thats entertaining to me

and i follow far enough so they cant brake check me, they have 4 points of contact we only have 2 they are going to stop faster than you dont give them the op.

thats just me though.

cheers

#48 ·
I never understood the "kick the mirrors off...or kick their car" approach. 1) Its a 3,000+lb vehicle that will easily win the fight 2) Its considered a hit and run in the US ...so if you're found you're looking at serious fines/jail time. 3) As a rider, we must assume everyones responsibilities as our own while riding....even if its the other driver's fault. This will ensure that you make it home to your family/friends.

OP, brush it off next time and keep your distance from erratic drivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.